Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1203  1703  2103  2153  2193  2199  2200  2201  2202  2203  2204  2205  2206  2207  2213  2253  2303 
Page 2203 of 2545
Go to
The procedure is to call dispatch/MOC, so I don't find it surprising that someone would be called with a reminder to that effect if they failed to do so. Especially if it resulted in an unnecessary delay.
Quote: The procedure is to call dispatch/MOC, so I don't find it surprising that someone would be called with a reminder to that effect if they failed to do so. Especially if it resulted in an unnecessary delay.
The bigger issue is flying a broken airplane from an outstation to the hub, because you don't want to wait around for contract mx. That definitely deserves a phone call.
Quote: The bigger issue is flying a broken airplane from an outstation to the hub, because you don't want to wait around for contract mx. That definitely deserves a phone call.
No one should be doing that. If maintenance advises you to do that, don't. If anyone tries to push you to do that, don't and call the union.

That's not a phone call, that's an FAA violation (and one that you can't ASAP btw).

I've never once, in all my time here, been asked or told to fly an airplane with an unresolved maintenance issue.

If it's broken, it gets fixed, ferried or deferred, those are the only options.
Quote: No one should be doing that. If maintenance advises you to do that, don't. If anyone tries to push you to do that, don't and call the union.

That's not a phone call, that's an FAA violation (and one that you can't ASAP btw).

I've never once, in all my time here, been asked or told to fly an airplane with an unresolved maintenance issue.

If it's broken, it gets fixed, ferried or deferred, those are the only options.
Three words. “ go home day”. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear more people aren’t being pressured to fly but rather “we will write it up in Atlanta”
Quote: Three words. “ go home day”. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear more people aren’t being pressured to fly but rather “we will write it up in Atlanta”
I've more than once written stuff up on go home day at outstations, if that's where it broke, that's where it gets written up. So far, I don't know that I've even missed a commute home because of it yet. The day may come but keeping a violation off my record would be worth taking one flight later home, I'll have to hope I'm not in the minority.
Quote: I should reword myself and say that it’s notifying maintenance at the hub to have them come out as opposed to just contacting MOC and getting guided through the process of deferring something. The reason being that a delay ensues when maintenance must come out... I don’t honestly know which would take more time- deferring yourself or having MX do it for you. Kind of like deciding whether to take the JITNEY or walking down terminal 4 at JFK.
For me it’s -walk the terminal. Need to get some steps in whenever I can.
Just a reminder as well that if you have a mechanical discrepancy and you call OCC; don’t let maintenance tell you to reset breakers or start engines to clear reverser cautions etc. You can do an aircraft power reset, but we don’t want to see corrective actions where you cycled breakers under the direction of MOC. Feds don’t want that anymore
Just a reminder as well that if you have a mechanical discrepancy and you call OCC; don’t let maintenance tell you to reset breakers or start engines to clear reverser cautions etc. You can do an aircraft power reset, but we don’t want to see corrective actions where you cycled breakers under the direction of MOC. Feds don’t want that anymore
I’d like to see that in writing or memo
Isn’t fault reset procedures exactly that. I don’t agree with it and think the FAA needs to be watching closer right now and not just MX. Powering down the aircraft and up again does not always work! MOC has said they can pull and reset breakers as many times as they want😮. I think pilots can do it three times. It’s becoming an issue. If it wasn’t this conversation would not be taking place. It will only get worse with the older beat up aircraft we will be getting. I just don’t get why anyone would want those old clapped out 700s. I think they’re going to be a bad choice. I’m either right or wrong but we won’t honestly know for a while.
Quote: Isn’t fault reset procedures exactly that. I don’t agree with it and think the FAA needs to be watching closer right now and not just MX. Powering down the aircraft and up again does not always work! MOC has said they can pull and reset breakers as many times as they want😮. I think pilots can do it three times. It’s becoming an issue. If it wasn’t this conversation would not be taking place. It will only get worse with the older beat up aircraft we will be getting. I just don’t get why anyone would want those old clapped out 700s. I think they’re going to be a bad choice. I’m either right or wrong but we won’t honestly know for a while.
B-B-B-Blocked!
1203  1703  2103  2153  2193  2199  2200  2201  2202  2203  2204  2205  2206  2207  2213  2253  2303 
Page 2203 of 2545
Go to