Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
1477  1977  2377  2427  2467  2473  2474  2475  2476  2477  2478  2479  2480  2481  2487  2527 
Page 2477 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Here's another conspiracy theory for what's happening at management: Maybe they are sitting back knowing it's all part of a bigger plan to accelerate the retirement of the 200s. Let the pilots bleed and use the "pilot shortage" as the excuse to get rid of that fleet like Daddy D did with the mad dogs.
When Daddy D did that, though, they had replacement aircraft in the works... if not the orders, then at least the fleet plan.

Unless OO continues to royally blow it in DTW and MSP, we won't have additional planes coming. Delta is out of less-favored DCI partners to snag planes from. Management is smart enough to know that the airline shrinks without the 200, and I honestly don't think that they want that.

That being said, without a significant retention plan, they probably don't have a choice.
Quote: When Daddy D did that, though, they had replacement aircraft in the works... if not the orders, then at least the fleet plan.

Unless OO continues to royally blow it in DTW and MSP, we won't have additional planes coming. Delta is out of less-favored DCI partners to snag planes from. Management is smart enough to know that the airline shrinks without the 200, and I honestly don't think that they want that.

That being said, without significant retention, they probably don't have a choice.
I haven’t done scope math for a while, but I think there’s room for a few 70-76 seat jets. If there’s used 900s laying around that’s one avenue.
Quote: I haven’t done scope math for a while, but I think there’s room for a few 70-76 seat jets. If there’s used 900s laying around that’s one avenue.
Quick numbers allows for 324 70-76 A/C in various configurations, 278-293 in service (depends which source you go by in DLnet).
Quote: Quick numbers allows for 324 70-76 A/C in various configurations, 278-293 in service (depends which source you go by in DLnet).
Park 50 deuces, make SkyWest a deal for their 900s and in turn they order some new 175s. Win win.
Anyone know when skywest CPAs are up for their Delta owned 900s? It would make the most sense to give those to us and retire the 200s. Skywest can keep flying their 200s to pro rate and EAS cities if they want and we can get rid of some destinations that really don’t need service like BGM and SCE.
Quote: Anyone know when skywest CPAs are up for their Delta owned 900s? It would make the most sense to give those to us and retire the 200s. Skywest can keep flying their 200s to pro rate and EAS cities if they want and we can get rid of some destinations that really don’t need service like BGM and SCE.
Not sure, used to be able to find it but it’s since been hidden. Hypothetically, I’d assume a deal could be reached even if there is time left on the contract if it’s compelling. IIRC there’s 11 older 900 and 13 atmosphere 900s at Skywest that Delta own. Could swap those around, put new 175s at OO in return, and even see if there’s used 900s to replace the older 700s as they come up. Single pilot group, single fleet for parts. That saves a few pennies and helps staffing from an efficiency POV.
Quote: RE on On The Air With The Chair: I don't understand why anyone would go to someplace like JetBlue

RE in his head: please y'all stop going to JetBlue
Don't forget frontier and Mesa! 😂😂

But seriously that comment by RE was assinaine.
Quote: Don't forget frontier and Mesa! 😂😂

But seriously that comment by RE was assinaine.
Was it? I often wonder if they could be that ignorant, or if something else is in the works. They need to do a much better job of listening to their frontline employees.
Quote: Was it? I often wonder if they could be that ignorant, or if something else is in the works. They need to do a much better job of listening to their frontline employees.
If he would of said any of the ulccs then sure I could understand why he would say that. But he specifically mentioned jetblue. So even then I thought it was and still belive it was. That's my opinion though.
Quote: If he would of said any of the ulccs then sure I could understand why he would say that. But he specifically mentioned jetblue. So even then I thought it was and still belive it was. That's my opinion though.
I'm sure it was intentional. Historically, JetBlue has been our largest poacher. They still seem the largest outside Delta in the current hiring spree.
1477  1977  2377  2427  2467  2473  2474  2475  2476  2477  2478  2479  2480  2481  2487  2527 
Page 2477 of 2545
Go to