Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
449  849  899  939  945  946  947  948  949  950  951  952  953  959  999  1049  1449  1949 
Page 949 of 2545
Go to
Quote: All the FFOD procedures you need to know are on the front cover of the checklist. They all are in addition to the PM flow. Oh, this is all from the 900 CFM so the pages might be different in the 200.

Start off with this it will get you ready to push back from the gate: (assume all your FTD and sim sessions are FFOD)

showing up to a cold dark cockpit need to do the following to get the aircraft powered up:
CFM 3-25 Interior inspection*
CFM 4-13 *Electrical power up (apu or ground power) (dont forget to read notes about apu fire check and battery level to start)
CFM 3-27 Exterior inspection (might not need for sim bus still part of procedure)

once those are done need to check certain things on your side of the cockpit:
CFM 3-41 CA preflight (not really necessary but CA has certain things to check)
CFM 3-44 FO preflight

then, depending who is PM or PF you have a few more things to do:
CFM 3-32 PF procedure (pretty much programming FMS)
CFM 3-35 PM procedure (where all the FFOD are and configuring the panel) (most of the FFOD proceudres are in chapter 4)

after all that is done do the (CFM 7-11) clearance verification and (FOM 8-67) departure brief (WARTS).

for the FTD not too many emergency procedures will be introduced but you should be able to go from a cold-dark cockpit, takeoff, cruise, shoot an ils, taxi to the gate, and shut down. once you can do that you will be fine in the FTD. its been a while but i believe the first FTD lesson was just from powerup to takeoff. every lesson becomes further and further into a flight till at the last FTD lesson its an entire flight.

i agree everything is all over the place but you have to dig for it.

A couple of other things that are annoying:

This lurker thanks you for this
Quote: Break between CTP & Indoc to go home and do ATP knowledge test, or do they administer the knowledge test?
Kmowledge test is on your own before day one of indoc.
Will there be meals in the crew rooms tomorrow? I checked my email and the passed through a crew room today, didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it. Thanks, and Merry Christmas and or Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays everyone.
I heard there will be!

Quote: Will there be meals in the crew rooms tomorrow? I checked my email and the passed through a crew room today, didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it. Thanks, and Merry Christmas and or Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays everyone.
Quote: Is the company already sending out company issued iPads?
Distribution survey just closed a few hours ago, they are all supposed to be distributed in January. If all goes well and everyone does their jobs, the paper should be gone before April.
Quote: Will there be meals in the crew rooms tomorrow? I checked my email and the passed through a crew room today, didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it. Thanks, and Merry Christmas and or Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays everyone.
There's a sign on the door in MSP. It says there's a turkey dinner in the crew room between 10-3. I asked if it was the same in all bases, and I was told yes
Quote: There's a sign on the door in MSP. It says there's a turkey dinner in the crew room between 10-3. I asked if it was the same in all bases, and I was told yes
It's been a pretty standard thing to do Thanksgiving and Christmas meals in the offices/crew rooms for lunch. Nice touch if you actually have time to grab something, but I've been advocating for a long time a better gesture would be time and a half for any credit (paid over guarantee) for anyone, including reserves) working on a corporate holiday... incentivize senior guys to take those shifts, and if they don't want them at least reward the junior guys stuck with them.
Hear hear! I don't understand why we don't get OT on holidays...

Quote: It's been a pretty standard thing to do Thanksgiving and Christmas meals in the offices/crew rooms for lunch. Nice touch if you actually have time to grab something, but I've been advocating for a long time a better gesture would be time and a half for any credit (paid over guarantee) for anyone, including reserves) working on a corporate holiday... incentivize senior guys to take those shifts, and if they don't want them at least reward the junior guys stuck with them.
Once a worker agrees to shift work, which all airline pilots do, then normal pay hours can be assigned on any day, weekday, weekend, holidays, nights etc. No OT.
Pretty sure SKW pays OT for holidays. I wonder if any ALPA carrier does?
449  849  899  939  945  946  947  948  949  950  951  952  953  959  999  1049  1449  1949 
Page 949 of 2545
Go to