FDX-Fruitful Week?

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 25
Go to
Quote: I've had that happen (dispatcher arguing against any more fuel) a couple of times over the past two months. Has something changed and is driving them towards doing this?
ASAP Report. Just a brief narrative - especially make sure to put the final burn. We did this the other night and used every drop of 3000 added on a domestic narrowbody flight. FAA reads the ASAP reports. We need to share this info where we can in the interest of flight safety.

Pipe
I bet GOC would have loved for 40 or so captains to have said they were going to add 3000 lbs. of fuel on a specific night not too long ago.
Best answer I've ever heard about fuel disputes is...OK, sounds like you're taking me off the flight, which hotel am I going to...but, but, but

Well, we both have to agree and I think we need an extra 3k and you don't. Since we can't come to an agreement, I'm assuming you intend to replace me with someone who might acquiesce to your plan
I have never had a distpatcher question me adding fuel and I add on probably 1/4 of my flights. I will however not take any stored flight plan routes right up a frontal line anymore. I make them do their job and flight plan according to the weather.
It doesn't matter what anybody thinks about my gas. I want gas, I get gas, I don't get gas, I go home. Period. In all fairness, nobody's ever questioned me. There has been a time or two I actually felt Goc was relieved whenI put gas on.
Major thread creep going on here.
What days are they meeting this week?
There was a big meeting today. Didn't attend due to other obligations. Was a "social" last light at a sports bar in Hacks Cross. Very good attendance (free food + pilots = good attendance ). Well attended by the MEC and good info, if you could find time to put down the wings.
While rumors suggest good things, don't take your eye off the ball. Several sources suggest we are having very good affect on getting attention from the parts of the organization that can make things happen. Stay tuned, but don't pop the sparkly yet.
Quote: There was a big meeting today. Didn't attend due to other obligations. Was a "social" last light at a sports bar in Hacks Cross. Very good attendance (free food + pilots = good attendance ). Well attended by the MEC and good info, if you could find time to put down the wings.
While rumors suggest good things, don't take your eye off the ball. Several sources suggest we are having very good affect on getting attention from the parts of the organization that can make things happen. Stay tuned, but don't pop the sparkly yet.
Today's meeting was well attended too. Guarded optimism from the MEC that things are finally progressing. Hopefully the progress will continue during negotiations starting tomorrow. But there were good words of caution about the need for the pilot group to stay professional and avoid unnecessary conflict. Based on current manning problems, we have very little to gain and a lot to lose by people saying or doing stupid things while negotiations continue. Sometimes the best offense is not being offensive. This is probably one of those times.
Quote: Sometimes the best offense is not being offensive. This is probably one of those times.
Rock, I agree with you, but only to a point, because sometimes the best offense is being offensive. Ask yourself how the "not being offensive" strategy has worked, or not, in the recent past relative to FedEx negotiations.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 25
Go to