Allegiant Air

Subscribe
223  273  313  319  320  321  322  323  324  325  326  327  333  373  423 
Page 323 of 637
Go to
Quote: You've been here a while (I think) and you've probably seen how LAS works. People that pass through LAS on Saturdays think the airline has shut down. There are no flights, yet Fridays and Sundays are the busiest days of the week. With no flights on Saturdays, how do you limit single days off to 2-3? You can't. You have to have language for at least 5 a month. The only way to get around this is to send all the airplanes out of Vegas on Friday night, fly outside turns on Saturday, then fly back to Vegas on Sunday morning. You get to spend a nice 3-day every weekend in North Bumfuq, Idaho but hey, you don't have to do single days off. There's only so many flights to work with, which do you want - single days off or 3 day trips every weekend?

Back when we had line bidding single days off went on the junior schedules....same no fly saturdays...
I did a quick survey to some of the pilots I know around the company and out of 25 pilots I asked 21 are going to vote yes for sure, of the other 4 three are no and 1 undecided. Small sample group but I think it's gonna pass by 60-40 margin easily. Maybe even more than that.
Quote: The contract with the scope will not be out tell later tonight
Looks like it'll be a few more days...
Quote: Looks like it'll be a few more days...
Yep.......
Are new hires still able to hold LAS on the -80 out of training?
Quote: Are new hires still able to hold LAS on the -80 out of training?
In the last class that there were 80 slots, 6 got LAS.
Question - Does anyone in the know have an idea whether there is a specific multi or jet time requirement for Allegiant, other than just having an ATP? What if someone had 3000 hours of rotary plus several hundred SEL, and less than 100 hours of multi?
Quote: AVL is a small newer base so really hard to read as a first officer probably be easier to get depends on growth how long upgrade could be our other smaller base BLI is almost impossible to upgrade in. I think FLL is the longer to get in Florida but a lot of movement on FO side makes bases fairly easy to change and get.

Currently paid hotels in training. I believe they went to 70 hour min pay for training vs the old 2000 a month.

TA reserve min is 72 pay 53.80
Thanks for the information, I do appreciate it.
Quote: Question - Does anyone in the know have an idea whether there is a specific multi or jet time requirement for Allegiant, other than just having an ATP? What if someone had 3000 hours of rotary plus several hundred SEL, and less than 100 hours of multi?
No offense, but you have no business in a passenger carrying jet at this point. You'll need a lot more fixed wing time than that. About 3000 total fixed wing or thereabouts.
Quote: Question - Does anyone in the know have an idea whether there is a specific multi or jet time requirement for Allegiant, other than just having an ATP? What if someone had 3000 hours of rotary plus several hundred SEL, and less than 100 hours of multi?
It states Fixed wing time on job posting for first officers allegiant career page.

Not sure about the 117 rules for hours, but you probably would be competitive if you had a couple thousand hours in a jet from a place like mesa
223  273  313  319  320  321  322  323  324  325  326  327  333  373  423 
Page 323 of 637
Go to