Allegiant Air

Subscribe
284  334  374  380  381  382  383  384  385  386  387  388  394  434  484 
Page 384 of 637
Go to
Quote: This is confusing. So you still have to go to the airport??

Historically, crew services would have reserves go to the airport for a rescue flight because a crew called something in on ARINC. By the time the reserves got to the airport and dispatch finally got their sheet together on which airplane to use, where to send them, where the airplane was parked, etc, etc, etc, contract maintenance at the out station would have the airplane fixed. The rsv crew would be sent home but still be on rsv for the rest of their rsv period. This should stop with the contract but at least if it still happens then the rsv crew is off after a few hours.

So, to answer your question, there is no requirement to go to the airport and wait for an assignment.
Have the 757 guys transitioned yet to a different plane/base?
Quote: Have the 757 guys transitioned yet to a different plane/base?
HNL crews start AB training or their new assignments in September.
Ladies/Gentleman,

Sorry to intrude but just trying to do some research and get a reality check for myself. Posted a similar question in another room.

I was hoping you could give me an idea of what hour requirements Allegiant would hire with military background. I am still a while away from putting in any applications to anyone, but just doing some research. I'll have 1500hrs, much less than standard requirements, but 2/3rds of these would be from a 4 engined 757 sized jet. Would I stand a chance or should I be aiming for regionals first?

Any thoughts/opinions/reality check much appreciated.
Quote: Ladies/Gentleman,

Sorry to intrude but just trying to do some research and get a reality check for myself. Posted a similar question in another room.

I was hoping you could give me an idea of what hour requirements Allegiant would hire with military background. I am still a while away from putting in any applications to anyone, but just doing some research. I'll have 1500hrs, much less than standard requirements, but 2/3rds of these would be from a 4 engined 757 sized jet. Would I stand a chance or should I be aiming for regionals first?

You mean like a 707 perhaps. I believe our current min for Military is at 1500 hours how competitive that would be I am not sure. With a new contract I would expect the average hours and experience of new hires will go up for at least a time. Like said before your best chance is to attend a meet and greet.
How much of those 1500 hours are pic? I'm guessing not many. Who knows what the min is and it changes but I got hired with just over 2000 hrs all ME PIC or instructor. I think others are right...with the new contract everything is going to be much more competitive
I applied at 2000 hours total and 1000 hours jet, several type ratings, not a peep. Seems like everyone getting an interview has TPIC (which I lack).
Quote: Ladies/Gentleman,

Quote: You mean like a 707 perhaps. I believe our current min for Military is at 1500 hours how competitive that would be I am not sure. With a new contract I would expect the average hours and experience of new hires will go up for at least a time. Like said before your best chance is to attend a meet and greet.
When word of the TA dropped, applications skyrocketed, particularly from the group we haven't had any luck with, seasoned CAs from the regionals...Allegiant can afford to be picky again with this new contract. Hiring will have to continue if the jet acceptance picks up...the contract doesn't allow CAs to fly right seat any longer and the way line vs reserve is about to change (9 to 1 ratio) will mandate more bodies. We can expect certain levels of attrition to continue...there's even one idiot who's only been here a few months blathering about leaving BECAUSE the TA passed, so opportunities abound.
Quote: When word of the TA dropped, applications skyrocketed, particularly from the group we haven't had any luck with, seasoned CAs from the regionals...Allegiant can afford to be picky again with this new contract. Hiring will have to continue if the jet acceptance picks up...the contract doesn't allow CAs to fly right seat any longer and the way line vs reserve is about to change (9 to 1 ratio) will mandate more bodies. We can expect certain levels of attrition to continue...there's even one idiot who's only been here a few months blathering about leaving BECAUSE the TA passed, so opportunities abound.

yup, just got the No Thanks email.. bumber....
Quote: When word of the TA dropped, applications skyrocketed, particularly from the group we haven't had any luck with, seasoned CAs from the regionals...Allegiant can afford to be picky again with this new contract. Hiring will have to continue if the jet acceptance picks up...the contract doesn't allow CAs to fly right seat any longer and the way line vs reserve is about to change (9 to 1 ratio) will mandate more bodies. We can expect certain levels of attrition to continue...there's even one idiot who's only been here a few months blathering about leaving BECAUSE the TA passed, so opportunities abound.
Probably been answered several times, but what what is first year pay for an FO with the new contract?

And how senior are LAX/IWA or PIE/SFB/FLL for a newhire?
284  334  374  380  381  382  383  384  385  386  387  388  394  434  484 
Page 384 of 637
Go to