New Envoy Information

Subscribe
144  194  234  240  241  242  243  244  245  246  247  248  254  294  344 
Page 244 of 690
Go to
Quote: Correct. Why? We can blame pilots for voting this way or that way, but it's the people who run the show who forced the vote in the first place.
Why? because they ultimately voted. Managers could tomorrow put out on the table they would start paying our wages in small woodland creatures and in magazine subscriptions. You can yes or no.

And the union should have stepping in and said what the hell are you guys doing and stop the vote/start a campaign for a NO vote.

There has to be a line in the sand from our unions that stops the industry from nickeling groups out of more and more stuff in the contracts.
D6U
...I've noticed several times after checking the G*Pall list that there are several jumpseaters on the flight, even if it's a wholly owned airline, don't they still have to introduce themselves and "ask for a seat" even if they were assigned a seat in the cabin? I ask gate agents if there are any listed JS and most of the time the response is no, but we later find out that there were people listed.

what's the procedure for this? can we
deny them boarding for not checking in? I rarely check in with the crew when I'm on a D2 pass on AA, but I'm assuming since we are a separate airline from the other two WO, we still need to check in, right?
Quote: ...I've noticed several times after checking the G*Pall list that there are several jumpseaters on the flight, even if it's a wholly owned airline, don't they still have to introduce themselves and "ask for a seat" even if they were assigned a seat in the cabin? I ask gate agents if there are any listed JS and most of the time the response is no, but we later find out that there were people listed.

what's the procedure for this? can we
deny them boarding for not checking in? I rarely check in with the crew when I'm on a D2 pass on AA, but I'm assuming since we are a separate airline from the other two WO, we still need to check in, right?
If you're flying in another WO with your benefits, you do not have to checking. It's your benefits, not a privilege like going into another airline.

Now for other airlines NWO, they should be checking in the cockpit. Unless is Netjets or Atlas, which they are revenue passengers, I usually let them know at the end of the flight they should have checked inn with us first.
New Envoy Information
No.

If they are on D2/1 or A travel they do not need to stop in and say anything. They are on their travel benefits, their own "dime". Some grouches might insist that they stop by, but that is just wrong. It's a courtesy to stick your head up front and let them know you're on board. If you are WO and get stuck with the JS, yes you do need to ask if you can sit in the JS. It's the CA's flight deck, he can deny it, but usually there needs to be a valid reason or people start asking questions.

If the pilot does not have pass travel privileges on your metal: YES, they technically must stop by and present ticket, ID, and certs. They are essentially an additional crew member (ACM) and have to prove it. Some people might try to blow this off, but they're essentially begging for a ride. I've seen one guy get booted off the plane (mainline) for failing to stop by the cockpit (he did not work for the carrier/sub).
Quote: If you're flying in another WO with your benefits, you do not have to checking. It's your benefits, not a privilege like going into another airline.

Now for other airlines NWO, they should be checking in the cockpit.

thanks, this is what I'm trying to figure out. how will the WO airline show on the list? from my understanding, the NON WO airlines are listed as 'D6UJ' (or something like that) and these people have to check in, I can't tell who is who until they walk off and say thanks(sometimes nothing) or I notice their bags.

not trying to be a JS nazi but trying to understand the "new" policy !

when I have a republic crew dead heading, at least one of their crew checks in to let us know that they're dead heading.
Quote: No.

If they are on D2/1 or A travel they do not need to stop in and say anything.
thanks, this is what I'm trying to clarify! A WO on a D2/1 travel is not required to check in. got it

Quote:
If the pilot does not have pass travel privileges on your metal: YES, they technically must stop by and present ticket, ID, and certs.
this, I understand. thanks, I'm just trying to figure out who those people are listed as D6UJ.
Quote: thanks, this is what I'm trying to figure out. how will the WO airline show on the list? from my understanding, the NON WO airlines are listed as 'D6UJ' (or something like that) and these people have to check in, I can't tell who is who until they walk off and say thanks(sometimes nothing) or I notice their bags.

not trying to be a JS nazi but trying to understand the "new" policy !

when I have a republic crew dead heading, at least one of their crew checks in to let us know that they're dead heading.
Every WO now appears as EAG FDJ, yes it sucks that they did not setup PSA FDJ or PDT FDJ...

D6U and D6L are other carriers, including NWO. If they are DH they are not required to check inn, I have but its only courtesy.
Quote: If they are DH they are not required to check inn, I have but its only courtesy.

I do too. DH won't show up on the standby list. Working crew would never know about the extra available CRM resources unless they ask the FA in flight, which I think would add to the chaos and panic the FA would have to deal with.

I was going to paste the clip from the movie Airplane. But I don't want to get on the mods bad side.
Quote: How many Envoy pilots want to blame their union for this? Or other airline pilots?

...instead of their management???

Too bad you weren't around for the Homer/East Texas Mafia goatranch. Now that was a sight to behold. Homer was scared of the shadows--for good reason.
Quote: I do too. DH won't show up on the standby list. Working crew would never know about the extra available CRM resources unless they ask the FA in flight, which I think would add to the chaos and panic the FA would have to deal with.

I was going to paste the clip from the movie Airplane. But I don't want to get on the mods bad side.
What moderators?
144  194  234  240  241  242  243  244  245  246  247  248  254  294  344 
Page 244 of 690
Go to