Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 04-25-2016, 05:52 AM
  #2531  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 98
Default

Originally Posted by bigtime209
26 new hires scheduled to start class 4/25. They will all be able to choose any base/equipment they so desire as a trial by the company. May classes are looking to be even bigger.
This is interesting - is this going to continue into the June classes as well?
Check6Viper is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:05 AM
  #2532  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,523
Default

Originally Posted by Check6Viper
This is interesting - is this going to continue into the June classes as well?
I couldn't tell you. It's possible. I think the company is trying it out as a trial run. 26 showed up this morning. 1 guy chose CRJ ORD and the other 25 chose 175 DFW.
bigtime209 is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:08 AM
  #2533  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,240
Default

Originally Posted by bigtime209
I couldn't tell you. It's possible. I think the company is trying it out as a trial run. 26 showed up this morning. 1 guy chose CRJ ORD and the other 25 chose 175 DFW.
1 smart guy :'D

CRJ is a better plane.
PilotJ3 is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:40 AM
  #2534  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 58
Default

Is Envoy the only regional that offers new hires the option of choosing bases and equipment?
80knts is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:44 AM
  #2535  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Romulus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: CRJ
Posts: 267
Default

Originally Posted by AdiosMikeFox
Thank you for stating the obvious. However, that does not justify them making false statements for use as propaganda, or as a failure to make proper assumptions with available knowledge (such as Letter T).
Corporate managers lie to their employees. That's a universal truth and it should be obvious you won't be told the truth until it comes out in the news media, if ever.
Romulus is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:48 AM
  #2536  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Romulus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: CRJ
Posts: 267
Default

Originally Posted by adspilot
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

What a dumb question.
Is Envoy training department so incompetent they can't project completion and retention rates? Many of your pilots have complained how screwed up your managers are, but I didn't think that made them completely unprofessional and incompetent. Do you work for the pilot side or the manager side?
Romulus is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:55 AM
  #2537  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 490
Default

Originally Posted by Romulus
What percentage are projected to complete training and to still be there at the end of the year?
How would you project that? Assume that people of a certain age will be gone within a certain time frame? Prior work history? Commuter v non-commuter... ?

Just go to Vegas and put $20 on black. Your odds at getting it right would be better.
boiler07 is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:56 AM
  #2538  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 490
Default

Originally Posted by Romulus
Corporate managers lie to their employees. That's a universal truth and it should be obvious you won't be told the truth until it comes out in the news media, if ever.
So far that statement has proved to be incorrect.
boiler07 is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:59 AM
  #2539  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 490
Default

Originally Posted by Romulus
Is Envoy training department so incompetent they can't project completion and retention rates? Many of your pilots have complained how screwed up your managers are, but I didn't think that made them completely unprofessional and incompetent. Do you work for the pilot side or the manager side?
They can use previous data, but class demographics change. Washout data is one thing. I've never seen a company say that they project a fixed date when a pilot will quit.
boiler07 is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 08:17 AM
  #2540  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA
Posts: 833
Default

Originally Posted by Romulus
Corporate managers lie to their employees. That's a universal truth and it should be obvious you won't be told the truth until it comes out in the news media, if ever.


While your statement is true, it does not negate mine.
AdiosMikeFox is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
satpak77
Envoy Airlines
82
03-25-2020 05:55 AM
heading180
Regional
6098
08-18-2014 01:11 PM
bernoulli1129
Regional
1809
07-17-2014 12:05 PM
DFWEMB
Envoy Airlines
48
02-03-2014 09:52 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices