Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 04-22-2016, 11:00 AM
  #2501  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 416
Default

Originally Posted by PilotCrusader

All of this could happen just as much as you could flow in 6 years.
Agreed, and coming to envoy isn't for everyone. For those who live in or close to dfw/ord I think it's a good place to go. Quality of life when you're in or close to base is not bad at all but the further you live, the worse it is. All things considered it's not a bad place if you're young enough to wait out the flow.
Eaglepilot84 is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 11:29 AM
  #2502  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,137
Default

Originally Posted by cr700
There aren't "other factors" that control flow rates. It's contractual. If hired today, the maximum wait to flow is 6 years. Realistically, you'll flow in 5 1/2.
You've got FO's on reserve for 4 years now.
FirstClass is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 11:32 AM
  #2503  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 84
Default

I'm less then a year and a half and have a line. So 4 year fo's is by choice. Why not fly 15 hours and get paid for 80+ with a little ot pick up.
DaCowboys is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 11:48 AM
  #2504  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Originally Posted by FirstClass
You've got FO's on reserve for 4 years now.


Wrong. August '15 hires are holding lines in ORD. The shrinking and stagnation period is over, for now.

We've got issues here, schedules and reserve rules need to be improved, as a start. But it's a lot better now than it was last year. I expect that trend to continue as long as the shortage of pilots pressures management to value the employees they have more.
Shiner is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 12:07 PM
  #2505  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 687
Default

Originally Posted by Shiner
Wrong. August '15 hires are holding lines in ORD. The shrinking and stagnation period is over, for now.

We've got issues here, schedules and reserve rules need to be improved, as a start. But it's a lot better now than it was last year. I expect that trend to continue as long as the shortage of pilots pressures management to value the employees they have more.
Well he isn't wrong that there 4 year FO's in fact there's some 7 or 8 year fos too. However, it is by choice. Being home nearly every night is a major bonus to senior reserve. Make what you can out of this place and it's not bad at all.
moon is online now  
Old 04-22-2016, 01:10 PM
  #2506  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: A320 FO
Posts: 501
Default

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot84
Agreed, and coming to envoy isn't for everyone. For those who live in or close to dfw/ord I think it's a good place to go. Quality of life when you're in or close to base is not bad at all but the further you live, the worse it is. All things considered it's not a bad place if you're young enough to wait out the flow.


Hell, I live in DFW and I'm based in ORD. It still isn't great until you sacrifice your personal life for x number of years until you can hold DFW. You can thank AAG for their personal choice regarding the matter.
highflyer1980 is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 01:41 PM
  #2507  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,350
Default

Originally Posted by cr700
There aren't "other factors" that control flow rates. It's contractual. If hired today, the maximum wait to flow is 6 years. Realistically, you'll flow in 5 1/2.
Yes there are. Any number of external forces could stop the flow, geopolitical, economic or other. Internally, there are too and in fact one is about to commence, that being the Letter T situation, resulting in stoppage, but for now, AAG is metering a handful monthly.

The time frames you represent are simply present estimates and that is fact.
eaglefly is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 03:12 PM
  #2508  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2010
Posts: 600
Default

Originally Posted by Shiner
Wrong. August '15 hires are holding lines in ORD. The shrinking and stagnation period is over, for now.

We've got issues here, schedules and reserve rules need to be improved, as a start. But it's a lot better now than it was last year. I expect that trend to continue as long as the shortage of pilots pressures management to value the employees they have more.
What's the junior lineholder EMJ DFW?
Ar Pilot is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 03:13 PM
  #2509  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,707
Default

Get over the flow, it will work as aag wants it to work.
You folks are not changing anything.
Any dumb shi+ wants to come here for flow, feel free, just don't bi+ch like Bruce Jenner.
buddies8 is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 03:34 PM
  #2510  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2015
Posts: 416
Default

Originally Posted by highflyer1980
Hell, I live in DFW and I'm based in ORD. It still isn't great until you sacrifice your personal life for x number of years until you can hold DFW. You can thank AAG for their personal choice regarding the matter.
Yeah man that sucks. I've been there, commuting out of one base to another...not fun. At the end of the day I'm young enough to put up with it and I know the light at the end of the tunnel is bright. To each their own, maybe my tolerance for putting up with bs is higher then most, but I'm happy with my lot in life and the career path I'm on.
Eaglepilot84 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
satpak77
Envoy Airlines
82
03-25-2020 05:55 AM
heading180
Regional
6098
08-18-2014 01:11 PM
bernoulli1129
Regional
1809
07-17-2014 12:05 PM
DFWEMB
Envoy Airlines
48
02-03-2014 09:52 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices