Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

New Envoy Information

Old 04-21-2016, 07:25 PM
  #2481  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Default

Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
New hires can now pick Aircraft and Domicile. (They are trying this out to see how it goes).


Good. With only 2 bases and attrition from all 3 types, they should be able to keep it pretty balanced.

Looks like time on reserve is finally dropping with the small increase in lines. ORD EMJ junior line holder (composite) was hired last August.
Shiner is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 07:38 PM
  #2482  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Posts: 122
Default

And CRJ ORD is around 8 months.
BTW, the picking of base and equipment was a one time thing for the 4/25 class.
Maybe it will happen again, but probably not for a couple months.
GodIsGood is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 08:06 PM
  #2483  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 667
Default

Damn, the reps almost got some respect tonight. They passed a motion to recall Sam, only to withdraw it after he fluffed them.
Smutter is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 08:16 PM
  #2484  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Posts: 894
Default

Originally Posted by GodIsGood View Post
And CRJ ORD is around 8 months.
BTW, the picking of base and equipment was a one time thing for the 4/25 class.
Maybe it will happen again, but probably not for a couple months.
That is not what was said yesterday by Ric Wilson at the training center. He was there answering questions in the afternoon.

Last edited by RyanP; 04-21-2016 at 08:41 PM.
RyanP is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 08:22 PM
  #2485  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 311
Default

What was said that was different?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Inclined plane is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 08:30 PM
  #2486  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Posts: 894
Default

Originally Posted by Inclined plane View Post
What was said that was different?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He said they were going to try offering people bases/equip they want for the time being and see how it works out. People may have to delay a class start date if something they want is full but they would try to accomodate what people want. They didn't say anything about one class only. It was a question specifically asked.

Also they said the guy that walked out on the first day last week because he didn't get what he wanted could have gotten DFW in the next available class if he just went and talked them about it instead of walking out like he did.
RyanP is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 09:23 PM
  #2487  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: middle seat in the back
Posts: 232
Default

Originally Posted by GodIsGood View Post
And CRJ ORD is around 8 months.
BTW, the picking of base and equipment was a one time thing for the 4/25 class.
Maybe it will happen again, but probably not for a couple months.
I'm 15 months, can't hold anything but reserve. But I'm close.
use2fly is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 09:38 PM
  #2488  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Posts: 894
Default

175 new hires will soon have very short reserve times with the bidding locks and other senior pilots on it upgrading, it's unfortunate for the current pilots who can't bid it, WKTWH.
RyanP is offline  
Old 04-21-2016, 09:46 PM
  #2489  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bassman1985's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: E-175 CA
Posts: 338
Default

Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
He said they were going to try offering people bases/equip they want for the time being and see how it works out. People may have to delay a class start date if something they want is full but they would try to accomodate what people want. They didn't say anything about one class only. It was a question specifically asked.

Also they said the guy that walked out on the first day last week because he didn't get what he wanted could have gotten DFW in the next available class if he just went and talked them about it instead of walking out like he did.
I'm in the 4/25 class, and the way it was explained to me is you show up on class start date with the entire class regardless of what you want to bid for. If you aren't senior enough to get it right away, you do the week of indoc with the the rest of your class, then they send you home for 2 or 4 weeks with pay until a spot opens up on the status you want. From what I understand, the limited availability of sims on the 175 is the main reason they're only taking six or so for it every 2 weeks. Delay the start of 175 AQP rather than take a break in the middle while you wait for sims. Regardless, your DOH is the same as the rest of your class for seniority and longevity purposes and you don't get stuck on a type that is only in a base you may not want. Haven't heard anything outside of this thread regarding future classes getting this deal, but it wouldn't surprise me. Good tool for the recruiters to have to fill classes and keep new hires from jumping ship.

Now if they could just get on the ball with following the contract all day every day, a lot of their problems would sort themselves out. Anyway, I know I'm coming in to a company with its share of issues, but I've been through a bad airline once before. I can only speak for myself, but I believe Envoy to be a good opportunity for my career. It's nice to know that regardless of how long it takes to flow, my last interview is now behind me. No more playing the job hunt game with job fairs, interview prep, workshops, annual subscriptions to airlineapps, etc. all in the hope that maybe one day my name gets drawn out of the hat and I actually get an interview with a legacy carrier. Now I can just concentrate on flying for a living...
Bassman1985 is offline  
Old 04-22-2016, 01:23 AM
  #2490  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 172
Default

Originally Posted by Bassman1985 View Post
I'm in the 4/25 class, and the way it was explained to me is you show up on class start date with the entire class regardless of what you want to bid for. If you aren't senior enough to get it right away, you do the week of indoc with the the rest of your class, then they send you home for 2 or 4 weeks with pay until a spot opens up on the status you want. From what I understand, the limited availability of sims on the 175 is the main reason they're only taking six or so for it every 2 weeks. Delay the start of 175 AQP rather than take a break in the middle while you wait for sims. Regardless, your DOH is the same as the rest of your class for seniority and longevity purposes and you don't get stuck on a type that is only in a base you may not want. Haven't heard anything outside of this thread regarding future classes getting this deal, but it wouldn't surprise me. Good tool for the recruiters to have to fill classes and keep new hires from jumping ship.

Now if they could just get on the ball with following the contract all day every day, a lot of their problems would sort themselves out. Anyway, I know I'm coming in to a company with its share of issues, but I've been through a bad airline once before. I can only speak for myself, but I believe Envoy to be a good opportunity for my career. It's nice to know that regardless of how long it takes to flow, my last interview is now behind me. No more playing the job hunt game with job fairs, interview prep, workshops, annual subscriptions to airlineapps, etc. all in the hope that maybe one day my name gets drawn out of the hat and I actually get an interview with a legacy carrier. Now I can just concentrate on flying for a living...

I wouldn't kick back and relax and count on the flow. Ask some xjt pilots (then Continental express) and those Envoy '99 hires about the flow. Flows come and go . They're already metering it.
stanthecaddy is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
satpak77
Envoy Airlines
82
03-25-2020 06:55 AM
heading180
Regional
6098
08-18-2014 02:11 PM
bernoulli1129
Regional
1809
07-17-2014 01:05 PM
DFWEMB
Envoy Airlines
48
02-03-2014 10:52 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread