Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2016, 05:54 AM   #3481  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Smutter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 666
Default

Republic is in bankruptcy, and they get more new hires then we do. That should say it all.
Smutter is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 06:17 AM   #3482  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Mistek89's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 176
Default

Because republic pays more
Mistek89 is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 06:19 AM   #3483  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AdiosMikeFox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA
Posts: 833
Default New Envoy Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
It was like this last summer. It should come back to normal in August-September.



It's AAGs fault, PSA and PDT are having the same difficulties.


That's not true. I have bid packs from last summer from a couple bases. Lines had better commutability, better cadence, fewer lost days. The line values were all over the place, some were high, many were at or near guarantee. They weren't as "good" as the spring of 2015, though. They didn't start really falling apart until after August. That's when the trend started for commutability to take a dump, lost days became regular, average days off lowered and values were below guarantee.

There are three times when our lines historically become difficult - the Spring and Fall schedule changes and the Summer extra flying that stresses staffing. IMO at each of these change points for many years now the schedules have gotten worse and not improved. Cumulative degradation. I say "good" regarding 2015, that "good" was still worse than the years preceding it.
AdiosMikeFox is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 06:35 AM   #3484  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Smutter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistek89 View Post
Because republic pays more
There ya go. We are bottom pay, bottom QOL. They're are not much better, on rules, etc. Yet they pay more, so they get more. But hey we have flow, yes your life will suck for 9 years, but we have flow to the third worst contract of the legacies, that sale seems to be working.
Smutter is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #3485  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PilotJ3's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiosMikeFox View Post
That's not true. I have bid packs from last summer from a couple bases. Lines had better commutability, better cadence, fewer lost days. The line values were all over the place, some were high, many were at or near guarantee. They weren't as "good" as the spring of 2015, though. They didn't start really falling apart until after August. That's when the trend started for commutability to take a dump, lost days became regular, average days off lowered and values were below guarantee.

There are three times when our lines historically become difficult - the Spring and Fall schedule changes and the Summer extra flying that stresses staffing. IMO at each of these change points for many years now the schedules have gotten worse and not improved. Cumulative degradation. I say "good" regarding 2015, that "good" was still worse than the years preceding it.

Damn...why do you keep those Bid Packs???

Every year is the same story June and July comes and people "this is the worst I've seen ever".
PilotJ3 is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #3486  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PilotCrusader's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,054
Default

The lines ARE the worst ever. In over twenty years, I can solidly attest to that.
To me, that should be the biggest deterrent to coming here yet usually it is the hardest thing to convey to a potential new hire. Our pay sucks, management routinely ignores our contract and grievances take many ears to get heard with little result, movement is much slower than the magic that management is trying to blow up the butts of pilots.

HOWEVER.......the biggest reason to pick somewhere else:

The lines, your schedules, are infinitely worse than other regionals. Management knows this and doesn't care at all - hence why they continue to actually get ever worse.
PilotCrusader is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 08:55 AM   #3487  
Line Holder
 
None's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
Damn...why do you keep those Bid Packs???

Every year is the same story June and July comes and people "this is the worst I've seen ever".
Pretty impressive that happens. Just when you think they could not get worse they manage to find a way to out do the garbage lines year after year.

But I guess all these pilots making these comments are part of some larger conspiracy. Seems plausible to me I suppose. All these pilots got together and decided to make this garbage up to torpedo their airline. In doing so they keep new hires from going there only to see their own QOL suffer as a result. They risk their own flow by keeping new hires from making the mistake of going to Envoy.

Seems to me it would be smarter for all the Envoy pilots to simply make garbage up about how great it is so they can get bodies in the door behind them. The fact that you don't see that speaks volumes to me. These pilots are so beaten down they simply don't care anymore. My guess, it is most likely worse at the Voy than what you read here. As it is now, it goes against an Envoy pilots own best interest in reporting the truth.
None is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 09:40 AM   #3488  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Smutter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by None View Post
Pretty impressive that happens. Just when you think they could not get worse they manage to find a way to out do the garbage lines year after year.

But I guess all these pilots making these comments are part of some larger conspiracy. Seems plausible to me I suppose. All these pilots got together and decided to make this garbage up to torpedo their airline. In doing so they keep new hires from going there only to see their own QOL suffer as a result. They risk their own flow by keeping new hires from making the mistake of going to Envoy.

Seems to me it would be smarter for all the Envoy pilots to simply make garbage up about how great it is so they can get bodies in the door behind them. The fact that you don't see that speaks volumes to me. These pilots are so beaten down they simply don't care anymore. My guess, it is most likely worse at the Voy than what you read here. As it is now, it goes against an Envoy pilots own best interest in reporting the truth.
I agree, we all portray envoy to be in the bottom 3 on here. In actuality, we are the bottom. The companies slogan to us, should be, "the bottom then you". In twelve years this is the most hostility, worse schedules, and crappiest I've felt about this job
Smutter is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 10:23 AM   #3489  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AdiosMikeFox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Feito no Brasil, CA
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
Damn...why do you keep those Bid Packs???



Every year is the same story June and July comes and people "this is the worst I've seen ever".


It's very easy to keep old information stored digitally. One folder with old company info in it. HI6's, bid packs, company emails, union emails. I highly recommend people start keeping that info, it costs very little of your time. It provides you with written words that can provide proof about when and who said what bid lines were actually like, what the union said about a MIA satellite base or what the company or union said about a bankruptcy contract. Very useful. Start now, because I can tell you that these things become virtually impossible to find later when you might need to verify or prove something. For some reason the authors don't keep info around long.
AdiosMikeFox is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #3490  
Gets Weekends Off
 
lakehouse's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo
Posts: 2,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smutter View Post
I agree, we all portray envoy to be in the bottom 3 on here. In actuality, we are the bottom. The companies slogan to us, should be, "the bottom then you". In twelve years this is the most hostility, worse schedules, and crappiest I've felt about this job
Yet I have friends who came over from mesa who are happy to be at a much better place. You know the mesa who told cdo pilots to sleep in the plane.
lakehouse is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article: Envoy needs 47% fewer pilots satpak77 Envoy Airlines 82 03-25-2020 05:55 AM
Eagle Life heading180 Regional 6098 08-18-2014 01:11 PM
Eagle to hire 600+ in 2013! bernoulli1129 Regional 1809 07-17-2014 12:05 PM
Envoy DFWEMB Envoy Airlines 48 02-03-2014 09:52 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:28 PM.