Skywest v2.0

Subscribe
337  737  787  827  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  847  887  937 
Page 837 of 1089
Go to
Quote: Reliability of the air service has a huge impact. Being from Nebraska, those towns can support air service but people don't use it because it is so unreliable. If skywest were to do it, I would imagine people would use the service. Check out devils lake, we were full going out of there the other day.

Yes, the devils lake/jamestown service started out with 2-3 pax per fight about two years ago but is now usually full (CRJ200).

Apparently it helps that people in Fargo figured out it was cheaper to drive to Jamestown and and take the subsidized EAS flight than just buying a full-fare ticket out of Fargo...
I like doing the PIB-MEI shuffle that we just picked up. (If you haven't done PIB, you should. Driver meets you with beverages and lets you drive his Mercedes around town during your layover) It's been pretty full every day this week. They had to buy someone off yesterday in MEI and taxi him/her over to JAN. I'm surprised we don't do more double hops for many of our at risk and EAS routes. They seem to fill the plane better (i.e. less subsidy needed) and helps with crew staffing.
Quote: The entire market fell those years. Try again Jordan Belfort.
Smart money stayed relatively flat. Look, no one is telling you not to dump your entire wad into Skywest stock, go right ahead. It's your money to risk as you see fit. Come back and talk to me in 5 years, after the entire regional industry has been turned upside down and inside out. I'm pretty confident that Skywest won't see another 300% jump.
Quote: Smart money stayed relatively flat. Look, no one is telling you not to dump your entire wad into Skywest stock, go right ahead. It's your money to risk as you see fit. Come back and talk to me in 5 years, after the entire regional industry has been turned upside down and inside out. I'm pretty confident that Skywest won't see another 300% jump.
Of course not because we're likely close to the top of a bull market.
Hello, could someone tell me approx time it would take a new hire FO to hold Houston as a domicile? Thanks for any help
Quote: Hello, could someone tell me approx time it would take a new hire FO to hold Houston as a domicile? Thanks for any help
6-12 months. Somewhere in that range.
Quote: Hello, could someone tell me approx time it would take a new hire FO to hold Houston as a domicile? Thanks for any help
The junior FO in Houston was hired in January 2017. They just awarded four FO slots in IAH last month. Houston has shrunk considersbly, not sure how stable it will remain so it is impossible to predict how long it might take to get in. It is CRJ only at this time.
Quote: 6-12 months. Somewhere in that range.
Thank you hawk21 !
Quote: The junior FO in Houston was hired in January 2017. They just awarded four FO slots in IAH last month. Houston has shrunk considersbly, not sure how stable it will remain so it is impossible to predict how long it might take to get in. It is CRJ only at this time.
Thanks for the info!
Looking around at the different regionals, and initially Skywest is the most attractive as I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and all things equal like to stay here. I imagine SFO is realitivly junior but can anyone provide any insight on how long it would take to get based in SFO? Is most of the flying out of sfo CRJ or ERJ and what are the typical trips out of SFO look like? When the time comes down the road is SFO any different on the captain side for seniority?

Sorry if these have been asked before
337  737  787  827  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  847  887  937 
Page 837 of 1089
Go to