JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
501  901  951  991  997  998  999  1000  1001  1002  1003  1004  1005  1011  1051  1101 
Page 1001 of 1383
Go to
Quote: target pilots is 400 less than what we have now
That's because the 400 pilot T5 potato farm supplemental bid isn't out yet. Comes out mid-January.

Post #10,000...congrats.

Not sure if this is a reliable indicator of how overstaffed we are. I think they just wanted to prevent backfills. How many planes we have parked multiplied by about 15, would probably give you a good idea. 59 planes multiplied by 15 pilots/plane, just shy of 900 pilots as of today.

Hopefully that AA codeshare ends up getting approved and works. I think the initial email said that’ll allow them to remove over 30 airplanes that are parked. Although I’ve heard some guys say that in recurrent they’re hearing the codeshare will require every plane out of storage.
Quote: Post #10,000...congrats.

Not sure if this is a reliable indicator of how overstaffed we are. I think they just wanted to prevent backfills. How many planes we have parked multiplied by about 15, would probably give you a good idea. 59 planes multiplied by 15 pilots/plane, just shy of 900 pilots as of today.

Hopefully that AA codeshare ends up getting approved and works. I think the initial email said that’ll allow them to remove over 30 airplanes that are parked. Although I’ve heard some guys say that in recurrent they’re hearing the codeshare will require every plane out of storage.
honestly I thought that too. But I figured if they wanted to keep back fills it would have been -50 in all. That just my thought. I hope we are only fat 400 pilots I was thinking more like 700-900
12/2021 it's ~150

Are you counting inactive pilots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are more details that need to be ironed out and approved, but the AA codeshare will change the outlook dramatically. Who knows how long that could take though.
Quote: Are you counting inactive pilots?

Im just counting target pilots. Not sure if that’s right or wrong. But 400 sounds about right for the given situation.
Quote: Im just counting target pilots. Not sure if that’s right or wrong. But 400 sounds about right for the given situation.
I believe target pilots don’t include the inactive/offline pilots (of which there are 298) whose bids don’t go against any bid numbers. They are essentially ghost bids in the system. So what we need to do is look at target pilots vs current active pilots, which makes the numbers show being about 100 fat. But, that doesn’t really mean anything—they just made the numbers the way they did to try to minimize people moving around and generating training events by minimizing backfill availability.
Quote: I believe target pilots don’t include the inactive/offline pilots (of which there are 298) whose bids don’t go against any bid numbers. They are essentially ghost bids in the system. So what we need to do is look at target pilots vs current active pilots, which makes the numbers show being about 100 fat. But, that doesn’t really mean anything—they just made the numbers the way they did to try to minimize people moving around and generating training events by minimizing backfill availability.
understood. But what if those guys just come back? I’m assuming the company needs to account for that? Why not just put -50 in each category? I think there is a few single digits in there that would potentially cause a backfill, obviously not a large amount like before but still there is going to be some back fill. (Could be totally wrong)
JetBlue Latest and Greatest
Quote: Im just counting target pilots. Not sure if that’s right or wrong. But 400 sounds about right for the given situation.

You have to plan / staff for inactive pilots. Otherwise you will be understaffed (in normal circumstances). Active vs Target is the true picture

501  901  951  991  997  998  999  1000  1001  1002  1003  1004  1005  1011  1051  1101 
Page 1001 of 1383
Go to