JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
33  73  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  93  133  183  583  1083 
Page 83 of 1383
Go to
Quote: Or a 30 hour overnight at an airport hampton inn.
Or 36 at a Holiday Inn express in FLL out on I-75 because, "there's no rooms on a Saturday night."
Quote: I think Europe is a little bit further than 950 NM
We will be doing the Blue Spruce Routes (branding get it?), and stopping at small hamlets all the way across the pond. Now it's domestic. $2 an hour.
Quote: Or 36 at a Holiday Inn express in FLL out on I-75 because, "there's no rooms on a Saturday night."
This and that international override crap really need to be addressed in the next contract. These little loopholes honestly make it feel like a regional sometimes. We need a standard of hotels and locations for length of overnight. Also, if we have to go through customs, IT'S F^*KING international. I don't understand how they get away with this stuff? Contract above all.
Quote: This and that international override crap really need to be addressed in the next contract. These little loopholes honestly make it feel like a regional sometimes. We need a standard of hotels and locations for length of overnight. Also, if we have to go through customs, IT'S F^*KING international. I don't understand how they get away with this stuff? Contract above all.
And maybe the $13 extra an hour for red eyes? Especially the 3 calendar day but two duty period ones?
Quote: And maybe the $13 extra an hour for red eyes? Especially the 3 calendar day but two duty period ones?
...and 30 hour overnights where we don't just make $2 an hour for the entire time, but actually make min day. I think if we're at work, we should get paid to be at work. Strange concept, no?
Quote: ...and 30 hour overnights where we don't just make $2 an hour for the entire time, but actually make min day. I think if we're at work, we should get paid to be at work. Strange concept, no?
Right there with you. I get it's fun to drink beer in SAN on a 30 hour layover. You know where else they have beer? Texas. At my house. At my house in Texas.
Holy crap, how do we turn this thing (Whitehammer) off? Maybe we can have a spelling contest? I've been here for 6 months. All of MY CAs have not been amazing guys to fly with, but they have all been in charge, and I have treated them thusly. Somebody said something about "if everybody in the room is an assh**e..." You might want to consider the fact that not a single person is coming to your defense. We use the possessive "my" not as a means of degradation, but as a term of allegiance, loyalty, unity. It says "whatever happens, we are in this together. We are a team." The only accurate thing you have said is "I am wrong." You should have left it at that. Now, did somebody say something about buying me a beer?
As for lanyards, I have nothing against ALPA lanyards, I hate all lanyards equally. Why are they all designed for people who are 6'4"? At 5'9" I don't particularly enjoy having my ID swing and bounce around my crotchal region. I much prefer clipping it to my pocket. Now, with that being said, you pushy bastards have brow beaten me into wearing the damn thing because I was sick of collecting them in my bag. For anybody distressed by the lack of readily available lanyards, might I suggest simply standing in line at the JFK T5 Starbucks, sans lanyard? You will most assuredly confronted with the question "I see you're not wearing a lanyard, I've got some in my bag, do you need one?"

I kid. Contract above all.
Quote: ...and 30 hour overnights where we don't just make $2 an hour for the entire time, but actually make min day. I think if we're at work, we should get paid to be at work. Strange concept, no?
Call your reps. I'm 100% with you there, but I've heard the MEC chairman say "we don't want a min day" clause in the CBA, so I'm guessing that is not something they're working toward.
Quote: Call your reps. I'm 100% with you there, but I've heard the MEC chairman say "we don't want a min day" clause in the CBA, so I'm guessing that is not something they're working toward.
With a min day all those 3 day island red eyes in open time would vanish. Or more likely I'd trade a non-commutable (both ends) three day into those. It's fun to languish on the beach - I get it - but not strictly for per diem.
33  73  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  93  133  183  583  1083 
Page 83 of 1383
Go to