Envoy

Subscribe
250  300  340  346  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  354  360  400  450  850 
Page 350 of 1100
Go to
Over on an AA thread, someone posted that the 7/25 class over there will have 42 new hires. If that's right it would bring the total in July to 83. 35% of 83 is 29.05, so it looks like they should be sending 30 flows total for July. That is pretty good news, hopefully they continue with large classes.
Quote: Over on an AA thread, someone posted that the 7/25 class over there will have 42 new hires. If that's right it would bring the total in July to 83. 35% of 83 is 29.05, so it looks like they should be sending 30 flows total for July. That is pretty good news, hopefully they continue with large classes.
I've heard that the 7/25 class will have 5 Eagle flows in it. Bringing the total for July to 25 on the nose. I've confirmed that while we thought there was no meter for July and that it would be a straight 35%, the 25 pilot meter does indeed apply. Unfortunately.
Quote: I've heard that the 7/25 class will have 5 Eagle flows in it. Bringing the total for July to 25 on the nose. I've confirmed that while we thought there was no meter for July and that it would be a straight 35%, the 25 pilot meter does indeed apply. Unfortunately.
Yep, that stinks. Lost seniority for everyone after. It's contractual, and exactly what Ric said would happen.
Quote: I've heard that the 7/25 class will have 5 Eagle flows in it. Bringing the total for July to 25 on the nose. I've confirmed that while we thought there was no meter for July and that it would be a straight 35%, the 25 pilot meter does indeed apply. Unfortunately.
Ugh, I reread it all and agree with you. Letter 12-03 says "AA agrees to offer a minimum of 35%" with zero mention of metering. But Letter 12-04 says "Eagle shall release a minimum of 25 per month." So basically AA offers 30 slots to our flows for July per 12-03, and envoy tells them they'll only send 25 pilots, per 12-04. Since at envoy, "minimum" and "maximum" mean the same thing. Annoying.
Quote: Ugh, I reread it all and agree with you. Letter 12-03 says "AA agrees to offer a minimum of 35%" with zero mention of metering. But Letter 12-04 says "Eagle shall release a minimum of 25 per month." So basically AA offers 30 slots to our flows for July per 12-03, and envoy tells them they'll only send 25 pilots, per 12-04. Since at envoy, "minimum" and "maximum" mean the same thing. Annoying.
I've always wondered how "operational necessity" and "growth" mean the same thing. I believe the spirit of the agreement was to allow metering in case of an inability for the company to staff the operation. Sadly, since the language doesn't specify, the company can consider growth to be part of necessity.
Quote: I've always wondered how "operational necessity" and "growth" mean the same thing. I believe the spirit of the agreement was to allow metering in case of an inability for the company to staff the operation. Sadly, since the language doesn't specify, the company can consider growth to be part of necessity.
Yeah, "best efforts" and "operational necessity" are garbage phrases in a contract.
Quote: Yeah, "best efforts" and "operational necessity" are garbage phrases in a contract.
Shoot... I thought I was done with risking the loss of my aircraft and crew when I left the Navy...

Are you telling me I need to relearn a new definition for the term we memorized verbatim from OpNav 3710?
Quote:
"Operational Necessity: A mission associated with war or peacetime operations in which the consequences of an action justify accepting the risk of loss of aircraft and crew."
That's the only definition that even shows up on Google... haha
Ok, maybe I missed something here. But LAX now?

"Envoy is headquartered in Irving, Texas with large operations in American’s hubs, including Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles."
Quote: Shoot... I thought I was done with risking the loss of my aircraft and crew when I left the Navy...
We really, really, really need to get these 12 people from DFW to XNA. Godspeed and good luck.
Guys why are we talking about this??? They metered the flow when we were offering zero time lines. RW will never send more than 25/30 per month.
250  300  340  346  347  348  349  350  351  352  353  354  360  400  450  850 
Page 350 of 1100
Go to