Envoy

Subscribe
397  797  847  887  893  894  895  896  897  898  899  900  901  907  947  997 
Page 897 of 1100
Go to
Quote: Thanks for bringing the info. Know how many decs/cadets?
Unfortunately no, just the raw numbers.
I recently listed for D1, but ended up in the JS due to a full flight. Travel planner shows that I was still charged for the D1. Is there any way to get that D1 back?
Quote: I recently listed for D1, but ended up in the JS due to a full flight. Travel planner shows that I was still charged for the D1. Is there any way to get that D1 back?
Nope, that’s just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes
Quote: I recently listed for D1, but ended up in the JS due to a full flight. Travel planner shows that I was still charged for the D1. Is there any way to get that D1 back?
D1 is D1 even if you get the JS. So yup they’ll take it from you.
Oof you D1’d a jumpseat
Eh, whatever. I only list D1 when traveling with the family and have had to ride the jumpseat to get where we're going when doing so as well and it costs me a D1. Sometimes it happens. Last time, I was on the jumpseat and my son was in first class!

Anyway, learn to play the game. If you do a lot of international travel, send your family home via D1/2 and come back into the states yourself listing for jumpseat on another airline. Cheaper.
Quote: Anyway, learn to play the game. If you do a lot of international travel, send your family home via D1/2 and come back into the states yourself listing for jumpseat on another airline. Cheaper.
How does jumpseat on another carrier make it cheaper than JS on AA/MQ? International taxes?
Quote: How does jumpseat on another carrier make it cheaper than JS on AA/MQ? International taxes?
Yes

/filler
Quote: Yes

/filler
Too funny. Only airline pilots would spend lots of money on a vacation half way around the world and then go out of the way to save $50 bucks or so on taxes lol. Not knocking it, just appreciating the effort!
Quote: Too funny. Only airline pilots would spend lots of money on a vacation half way around the world and then go out of the way to save $50 bucks or so on taxes lol. Not knocking it, just appreciating the effort!
Eh, not everywhere is as cheap as $50. London to ORD is about $180 for main cabin. If you're lucky enough to upgrade to premium economy, it's about $280.

But yeah, a lot of places, it's not worth the effort. And maybe that nearly 2 to 3 benjamins isn't enough for you to jumpseat on another airline but for some it will be. Just know you have options.
397  797  847  887  893  894  895  896  897  898  899  900  901  907  947  997 
Page 897 of 1100
Go to