Spirit of NKS, Part IV

Subscribe
29  69  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  89 
Page 79 of 125
Go to
Quote: They weren't happy about it. When the company was confronted about it the the schedulers who assigned the excessive JAs couldn't be tracked. The company claimed the signatures or records (I can't remember which) were gone. I believe it was around $142k.

So do the math, the pilot gets 200% and the union gets 300%. 500% and we can't get a contract? The worst offenders had over 12+ JAs....by September.
They lost the records? Any time your schedule is changed the person who made the change's id number is logged automatically just for this type of thing. That log is not supposed to be available to edit, so that excuse holds the same weight as my dog ate my homework.

Nice boost to the mec budget though - maybe it should go to the merger fund to lessen the assessment. Bonus math question: How many PUB events do I need to attend to make up for the JA's I missed because I wait for the phone to ring instead of being on CS speed dial?
They are allowed to junior assign and release. Reference the last sentence of 25 J 2.
Quote: They are allowed to junior assign and release. Reference the last sentence of 25 J 2.
For equal days only. If you get a JRM for a turn and you ask to get released from your next 4 day, that is not legal.
Quote: I got a couple of calls over the last few days saying they were dropping/releasing to cover trips yesterday
If the junior man physically, contractually, or legally conflicts with your other trip, they have to drop and pay protect your touching trip. Also they will release you from something if the junior man takes you below 10 days off. I don't know about release from the trip that's not connected. I'd have to look that up.
What's up with your guys two planes in DFW? Saw they had engine covers and cockpit windows were covered.
Quote: What's up with your guys two planes in DFW? Saw they had engine covers and cockpit windows were covered.
Sounds like our NEO graveyard. Where the "future" goes to die until the maintenance catches up with the "future"
Quote: If the junior man physically, contractually, or legally conflicts with your other trip, they have to drop and pay protect your touching trip. Also they will release you from something if the junior man takes you below 10 days off. I don't know about release from the trip that's not connected. I'd have to look that up.
No conflicts since I had the next 10 days of from transition drop. They acted like they would drop something later in April
The contract doesn't specify that it has to conflict. As Judge said earlier, it just has to be an equal number of days. 25 J 2
So a pilot repeatedly violating the contract won't be put on bad standing....

I wonder if this is the same at other ALPA carriers?
Tricking a new guy on R5 to take a red-eye line (otherwise known as accidentally volunteering for a contract-prohibited reserve shift) also works. Note to self - don't ever ever ever say "yes" to a scheduler for any reason when you have a 3-yr old screaming in your ear.
29  69  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  89 
Page 79 of 125
Go to