No
90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 09:25 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Since it looks like we're going back to square one... Can we add beards to the next TA? I'll give up my Tumi bag for that.
Thanks
Old 06-24-2022, 09:37 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Section 1 lies, voting no.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Guppy CA

I am in no way saying that I’m voting yes or no because I honestly am torn. But if we do vote this down, we have to be prepared for what happens next. There will be no quick second offer by the Company. That’s not how this works. If we vote this down, it will be at least 6-9 months before we get back to the table.

After this fails ratification, the MEC and NC will do a post mortem and there’s the possibility of recalls if it fails badly enough. Then another contract survey will be sent out to the membership. Then once we have a NC and direction we can finally engage with the Company, if they want to. If we’re in a recession, we will be negotiating for a while. So if we vote no, there is no complaining!!! We accept our medicine!!!
Old 06-24-2022, 10:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 756 left

Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
If we vote this down, it will be at least 6-9 months before we get back to the table.
I'm prepped and ready for this scenario. Bring it.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

I am in no way saying that I’m voting yes or no because I honestly am torn. But if we do vote this down, we have to be prepared for what happens next. There will be no quick second offer by the Company. That’s not how this works. If we vote this down, it will be at least 6-9 months before we get back to the table.

After this fails ratification, the MEC and NC will do a post mortem and there’s the possibility of recalls if it fails badly enough. Then another contract survey will be sent out to the membership. Then once we have a NC and direction we can finally engage with the Company, if they want to. If we’re in a recession, we will be negotiating for a while. So if we vote no, there is no complaining!!! We accept our medicine!!!
I can almost promise you there’s another bullet in the chamber the company has ready should this fail but what that is I think depends on how badly or fails, which is why this turd should he overwhelmingly voted down. The sell job will try and scare you about a possible recession but not matter what agreement we have, the company will come asking for concessions in a recession anyways. I’d much rather take the agreement we have now into a downtown than the “fix all the companies problems” TA presented to us. Say goodbye to premium pay and enjoy 91 hour lines 25% of the year among other awful provisions if it passes.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by ClearCreek View Post
Yes voters make PAs with the FA handset.
Hey now, I made my PA’s that way back the regionals because I want customers coming back, not necessarily because United asks me too.
This TA is industry sub-par
Old 06-24-2022, 10:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Clear Right

The longer it takes the more time they have to fix the numerous shortfalls In this POS. Fine. Retro
Old 06-24-2022, 10:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

I would like to vote no out of anger or spite, but it doesn’t gain us anything.

if this thing passes, we actually could LOSE money. Hard pass for me. The company will come with their hand out in a downturn no matter what agreement we have. I’d much rather take the current agreement into a possible downtown than the “fix all our problems and let us abuse you TA” presented to us. I legit cannot find one gain for the pilot group that any one I think legit cares about. Shameful on the NC. all the baby kissing pilot propaganda kool aid effect the company just tried to build went out the window.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by DashTrash;[url=tel:3447674
3447674[/url]]I am in no way saying that I’m voting yes or no because I honestly am torn. But if we do vote this down, we have to be prepared for what happens next. There will be no quick second offer by the Company. That’s not how this works. If we vote this down, it will be at least 6-9 months before we get back to the table.

Assuming for a minute this is true, so what?!? The give aways in this POS for pennies on the dollar, I’d rather live under the current contract and NOT give away scope, reserve rules, retiree sim instructors, etc.

That said the company needs this more than we do.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

There's a reason why the company wants this by the Q2 earnings report. They definitely have another second offer ready to go. They have airplanes that they need to secure financing for and getting labor costs cemented is important for underwriting.