90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 10:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

I would like to vote no out of anger or spite, but it doesn’t gain us anything.
I just watched the ALPA financial analysis and he said IF we do go into recession, it's likely to be VERY shallow. Combine that with our CEO touting all the strength in bookings, pricing, revenue and outlook and it doesn't seem there's so much to worry about as to give up QOL and accept the lackluster pay raise and minimal retro pay that's in this TA.
They had all of 2019, during record profits and low inflation, to close a deal - what was the excuse then?
I'll wait until the town hall to make my final decision, but the uphill sell is pretty steep...like straight up vertical.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:07 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

[QUOTE=ReserveForLife;3448682]If Delta is going to set the bar, please come help us picket if you happen to be available this Thursday. Picketing in all DAL pilot bases. ATL/DTW/JFK/LAX/SEA/SLC/MSP.

FDX has also published other airlines picketing info through SPSC emails. See ya in SEA.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:34 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022
Position: 756 FO
Thumbs down United TA

The pay increase carve out for instructors / evaluators get IMMEDIATE 25.9% pay raise then get raises like rest of the pilot group
Their increase is going to be 25.9% plus 14.6% equals 40.5% LOL
Haven’t figured out the LCA carve out percentage immediate increase yet.
Regular line pilots get 14% or so over 3 year period it looks like under this first version of TA as it goes to vote.
Why isn’t this spelled out in the bullet points from ALPA?
I see a HUGE discrepancy. 40.6% vs 14.6%. Why? Let’s balance this out so we can cover inflation for the line pilots at least.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Dude, did you just create ANOTHER new account to argue this? Quit while you’re ahead, we’re all voting no.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:59 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020
Default Please

Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
please vote no to this. We are all counting on you.
^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

please!
Old 06-26-2022, 12:13 PM
line slug

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: B777 Captain

Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
There will be no quick second offer by the Company.
They'll be back at the table ASAP because they have a huge training problem that needs fixing yesterday.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Back in 2020 my last regional voted in a LOA which saved about half the pilot group from being furloughed. We were scared into thinking it was going to be a long and hard few years in the industry so to do the right thing and keep everyone employed most of us voted YES. In return, we gave up two MAJOR contract provisions that negatively effected everyone’s QOL. The ability to adjust our schedules before the company built reserve lines (SAP), and the ability to drop a turn or leg and still receive min day credit for the day. About 5 months later our flying levels were back at 2019 block hours and the reduced lines we agreed on for the LOA weren’t even being used. We were essentially a pre Covid operation again EXCEPT those two things we gave up were never to be seen again. The ability to drop a turn and keep min day credit was probably the best thing the company had, as most go-home days ended with a turn.

So to everyone who is thinking about voting YES to this TA because they are nervous of a looming recession, I get it but please look beyond that! IF this gets voted in it is going to absolutely destroy the QOL of anyone on reserve.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by dmeg13021 View Post
Dude, did you just create ANOTHER new account to argue this? Quit while you’re ahead, we’re all voting no.
People have time to do that?
Old 06-26-2022, 01:44 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

Originally Posted by jdavk View Post
They'll be back at the table ASAP because they have a huge training problem that needs fixing yesterday.
^THIS^
What we are seeing as a "TA" is probably the LOA that they realized they couldn't send out back in February.
I get the CoVid LOA.
Pilots where scared into it by the company and union about an airline being 30% smaller.. needing to save pilots jobs, etc...
But the reality is, this LOA TA is about us Saving our Profession.

If you feel strongly about voting YES, at least man up and defend your Vote. Tell us what you see in this agreement (that will most likely be in place past 2025... by years). Educate us to what we are NOT seeing in it.

Always
Fly Safe, Fly Professional and Fly the Contract
Motch
Old 06-26-2022, 01:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
^THIS^
What we are seeing as a "TA" is probably the LOA that they realized they couldn't send out back in February.
I get the CoVid LOA.
Pilots where scared into it by the company and union about an airline being 30% smaller.. needing to save pilots jobs, etc...
But the reality is, this LOA TA is about us Saving our Profession.

If you feel strongly about voting YES, at least man up and defend your Vote. Tell us what you see in this agreement (that will most likely be in place past 2025... by years). Educate us to what we are NOT seeing in it.

Always
Fly Safe, Fly Professional and Fly the Contract
Motch
How much of a pay increase would it take for you to accept the other parts of this TA?

I'm asking because I think the TA is fatally flawed in a way that precludes a quick turn around. At the very least they'd have to remove a LOT of things in addition to increasing pay.