90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 03:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
I respectfully disagree. Your CURRENT contract is not the best contract in the industry. I have a perspective from both a legacy and now FDX. Currently FDX is far superior in the following areas.

1. Retirement- Pension and DC plan

2. Pay- Hourly rates combined with work rules pay substantially more per day of work. Especially on international trips!

3. Pay- Almost entire career on WB pay

4. Vacation- 6 hours per day of vacation and hard line bidding makes for substantially better vacation in pay and days off with conflicting. You can expand and slide vacation and knock out substantially more than even the credit you have for vacation. Apples vs Oranges with a PBS vacation system.

5. Scheduling- Once again hardline bidding and the ability to conflict. Layer on top of that our numerous tools to trade/drop/swap and it is night and day compared to PBS

This is not meant as a you know what comparison but reality from someone who has seen a legacy and FDX. Truly hope you guys can get a great contract.
Your post points out a glaring issue at UAL. We have such a huge percentage whom honestly believe we have the best of everything. CBA etc. I loved it once when guy told me how much better our PBS rules were over UPS. I just started laughing. I didn’t even tell him UPS doesn’t even have PBS. I simply said not true. Clueless about the industry as a whole…
Old 06-29-2022, 04:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Ok, why don’t you go to an airline that pays $500/hr?? Oh, there aren’t any… Why don’t you go to an airline that pays $400/hr? The only passenger airline I know would be United under this TA. But since you clearly don’t like us having industry leading pay rates, you ought to be good at your airline making $300/hr. Oh…. Southwest doesn’t even pay $300/hr???

Maybe you should spend some more time on your Southwest board and get the your Southwest pay rates closer to what you believe your responsibilities and contributions are worth. Report back when you get there. Until then, don’t let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out!
You just don’t get it, do you? 🙄
Old 06-29-2022, 05:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: non reclining seat

Originally Posted by MIddle3rd View Post
It is. On the 380. For the union guys.
that bunch of crap needs to go as well!
Old 06-29-2022, 05:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.
If we are going into a recession, I’d rather not give up on CRJ-550 scope. 5000 pounds is a lot more than a jump seater and their bag, even if said pilot is a wide body pilot.

Pay rates aren’t my issue with this contract.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Glad we got this poll going whoever started it. Will the MEC be recalled and the NC fired? The consensus seems overwhelming. I ask yet again, why was I never asked for my input? 3+ years on property. When will they solicit the entire pilot group for our priorities? Yes I'm sure it's not all UAL guys voting but it's something.

From my perspective the thought, planning and effort that went into the COVID LOA was vastly better and more logical than this TA.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: 737/FO

So NOW can we negotiate in public???
Old 06-29-2022, 11:34 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by Jay1122 View Post
And United is superior in the following areas: Oh wait, those are all the areas.

Our “union” gets it right never.

I’m not demonizing United—not yet—but I absolutely will demonize the foul creatures who crafted this abomination.
"Foul creatures"?

Stop with the personal insults, it makes you look like a 13 year-old trying to pick a fight on the school playground. Grow up. You're responsible for a $1.6b asset when you push up the power - as stated elsewhere in this illustrious forum.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

It's a "Shark Sandwich". Send it back.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by Cruz Clearance View Post
It's a "Shark Sandwich". Send it back.
It’s a SHART sandwich. Make THEM eat it
Old 06-29-2022, 03:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
What idiots are saying that? It comes nowhere near beating inflation.

And that is CPI, which significantly UNDERSTATES actual inflation. But anything LESS than CPI is friggin’ ridiculous in an era where the pilot shortage gives pilot groups more leverage than ever before.
You're double counting the second half of 2021.