No
90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 12:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2022

FWIW, I will be retiring from the GOV this time next year. United is/was my number one destination wish list airline. Not sure I would even apply now with those work rule give backs in that TA. 0600 reserve call times and virtually no premium pay trip. WOW, don't even know what to say to that, other than please vote that turd down.

Everyone on APC was waiting with breath held to see what type of industry trend setting CBA United would get. That is just a huge D@%K punch!!!!

Last edited by Flapps3658; 06-28-2022 at 12:22 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-28-2022, 01:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
$500/hr for flying a stupid little Guppy is still grossly underpaid for my responsibilities and contribution to the Kompany’s bottom line. Let’s get real here.
Ok, why don’t you go to an airline that pays $500/hr?? Oh, there aren’t any… Why don’t you go to an airline that pays $400/hr? The only passenger airline I know would be United under this TA. But since you clearly don’t like us having industry leading pay rates, you ought to be good at your airline making $300/hr. Oh…. Southwest doesn’t even pay $300/hr???

Maybe you should spend some more time on your Southwest board and get the your Southwest pay rates closer to what you believe your responsibilities and contributions are worth. Report back when you get there. Until then, don’t let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out!
Old 06-28-2022, 01:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Ok, why don’t you go to an airline that pays $500/hr?? Oh, there aren’t any… Why don’t you go to an airline that pays $400/hr? The only passenger airline I know would be United under this TA. But since you clearly don’t like us having industry leading pay rates, you ought to be good at your airline making $300/hr. Oh…. Southwest doesn’t even pay $300/hr???

Maybe you should spend some more time on your Southwest board and get the your Southwest pay rates closer to what you believe your responsibilities and contributions are worth. Report back when you get there. Until then, don’t let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out!
There is more to life than the advertised hourly rate. Highest pay with worst QOL is crap. Our 777 pay should be over $500/hr if we did the opposite of what our NC chairman says and actually negotiate based off inflation.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: A320 FO

Is there a way to vote F*ck No, instead of just no?
Old 06-28-2022, 02:32 PM
gets time off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Grab your *******ing pitchforks boys. It’s literally THE time to take back our profession. If not now then when? WHEN?!
I've tried to refrain from posting on UAL threads. But darn we are agreeing more and more.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2020

Originally Posted by UALinIAH View Post
There is more to life than the advertised hourly rate. Highest pay with worst QOL is crap. Our 777 pay should be over $500/hr if we did the opposite of what our NC chairman says and actually negotiate based off inflation.

It is. On the 380. For the union guys.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:42 PM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Dude I only speak English. And not very well at that. I can't moderate other languages 😄. I don't even know what the French comment was, I would have googled it, but I'm a lazy millenial. I expect autotranslate in 2022
I thought you were a native Californian. You ought to at least know some Golden State history. You know, Father Serra, and the Donner Party, and Sutter’s Mill? The whole Spanish heritage stuff?

can I at least play Deguello for the UA MEC? And no, we aren’t talking ZZTop here …

h<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i2A5fdgMCa8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-28-2022, 05:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
Wait a minute guys. United Airlines is still a great place to work. Sans the current quagmire we find ourselves in, we currently have the best CBA in the industry; I need to repeat that. TODAY, United is unequivocally the best place for a major airline pilot to work; we just have to make sure it stays that way. I remain in contact with Pilots at the other majors and we still have a lot to be proud of here at United . Don’t submit to defeatism. Our Union gets it right 99% of the time. Unfortunately, this TA falls in the other 1%. It’s just business. I’ve worked with Jeff Brown and Mike Hamilton both, my opinion hasn’t changed; both are good, hard working peers and volunteers. But anyone can make a mistake occasionally; this TA is a mistake. Don’t take it personally. Also, don’t take concessions. We can vote no without demonizing our airline or our fellow Pilots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We most definitely do not have the best CBA in the industry. Period!!
Old 06-28-2022, 06:09 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Has an add to the 16% 401k been discussed or is that completely off the table?
Old 06-28-2022, 06:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by C17man View Post
Has an add to the 16% 401k been discussed or is that completely off the table?
Nothing in the TA about it. A self funded additional retirement option if they can get the IRS to bite off but that’s it. Not even getting our Profit Sharing to have the 16% like DAL. One of the many reasons it was DOA.