Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 05:04 AM
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left
Default Well I hate to say it.

Originally Posted by TodKindrsChikun View Post
There are mistakes and then there’s doubling and tripling down on mistakes. They might be fine people but they need to go. Respectfully speaking of course.

Agreed. But let’s make that an unemotional call as well. I’ve witnessed negotiations where the desire to get a deal supersedes the direction given by the Pilots; I suspect that this is where we find ourselves now. Speaking from personal experience, sometimes a rep can stay in the fight too long, and subsequently loose his/her efficacy. I also suspect that this is happening right now. I hope this TA fails miserably, if it does we absolutely have to make some leadership changes. But we do that because of necessity, not revenge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2022, 05:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
Wait a minute guys. United Airlines is still a great place to work. Sans the current quagmire we find ourselves in, we currently have the best CBA in the industry; I need to repeat that. TODAY, United is unequivocally the best place for a major airline pilot to work; we just have to make sure it stays that way. I remain in contact with Pilots at the other majors and we still have a lot to be proud of here at United . Don’t submit to defeatism. Our Union gets it right 99% of the time. Unfortunately, this TA falls in the other 1%. It’s just business. I’ve worked with Jeff Brown and Mike Hamilton both, my opinion hasn’t changed; both are good, hard working peers and volunteers. But anyone can make a mistake occasionally; this TA is a mistake. Don’t take it personally. Also, don’t take concessions. We can vote no without demonizing our airline or our fellow Pilots.

completely agree, I really enjoy working here and am proud of our culture.. but we need to vote no to keep it that way and get something better.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:21 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Agreed. But let’s make that an unemotional call as well. I’ve witnessed negotiations where the desire to get a deal supersedes the direction given by the Pilots; I suspect that this is where we find ourselves now. Speaking from personal experience, sometimes a rep can stay in the fight too long, and subsequently loose his/her efficacy. I also suspect that this is happening right now. I hope this TA fails miserably, if it does we absolutely have to make some leadership changes. But we do that because of necessity, not revenge.

Emotion and revenge should never be involved moving forward. It masks the necessary and proper changes that need to be instituted. This union has taken a direction of support for company initiatives which I feel requires a serious discussion.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:24 AM
Ben Salley

Originally Posted by TodKindrsChikun View Post
Emotion and revenge should never be involved moving forward. It masks the necessary and proper changes that need to be instituted. This union has taken a direction of support for company initiatives which I feel requires a serious discussion.

Yep. Couldn’t agree more

Old 06-28-2022, 05:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2020

Wait a minute guys. United Airlines is still a great place to work. Sans the current quagmire we find ourselves in, we currently have the best CBA in the industry; I need to repeat that. TODAY, United is unequivocally the best place for a major airline pilot to work; we just have to make sure it stays that way. I remain in contact with Pilots at the other majors and we still have a lot to be proud of here at United . Don’t submit to defeatism. Our Union gets it right 99% of the time. Unfortunately, this TA falls in the other 1%. It’s just business. I’ve worked with Jeff Brown and Mike Hamilton both, my opinion hasn’t changed; both are good, hard working peers and volunteers. But anyone can make a mistake occasionally; this TA is a mistake. Don’t take it personally. Also, don’t take concessions. We can vote no without demonizing our airline or our fellow Pilots.

I disagree. United sucks to work if you're not a liberal. Way too political and woke. I hate to tell people where I work. At this point I'm only at United for the money. Our seniority system prevents me from leaving and taking my skills elsewhere.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:29 AM
Ben Salley

Originally Posted by MIddle3rd View Post
I disagree. United sucks to work if you're not a liberal. Way too political and woke. I hate to tell people where I work. At this point I'm only at United for the money.

Sounds like personal issues that you need to work out. As far as “woke” and “liberal “, that has nothing to do with the folks relying on you to keep commerce moving in our great nation. You should keep in mind that it’s very easy to respect and honor folks with whom you agree. The PhD level is attained when you can respect folks with whom you don’t agree….trust me, that’s a much better life.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Sounds like personal issues that you need to work out. As far as “woke” and “liberal “, that has nothing to do with the folks relying on you to keep commerce moving in our great nation. You should keep in mind that it’s very easy to respect and honor folks with whom you agree. The PhD level is attained when you can respect folks with whom you don’t agree….trust me, that’s a much better life.

Sage words! I've yet to meet a Captain I cant have a conversation with and more often than not they are not any where close to me politically. They still are usually buying the beers at the layover. I can disagree with them without having to go fangs out or put them defensive. Its not hard to figure out just be chill and if you want some common ground start talking trash over the TA and your gold.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:36 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Our union gets it right 99% of the time? For whom, management?

What are you smoking?

Blue Skies? Sold to the pilots by a MC who later scabbed.

ESOP? Pilots gave 24% of pay and received only 1% in B fund to buy shares. Couldn’t sell. Lost 99% of their money.

C2003? GAVE $1.3B per year x 6 years and furloughed extra 700 pilots to save pensions. Pensions gone 18 months later.

C2005? Gave another $100M and extended C2003 x 1 year. Agreed not to fight pension termination. Management $500M dividend payout in 2009.

2010-2011: Did nothing for two years.

PRA 2020: Gave 20-50% and split pilots into three groups. Bottom group still had to show up for 10 days for 40 hours of pay. Delta gave far less (4 hours per month) and their bottom guys didn’t even have to show up for 30 hours of pay.

UPA2022: Same corrupt MEC. Couldn’t sign PI LOA/MOU without opening up CBA, so they brought us this.

And that’s just the contract stuff. The hotel desk is completely fooked. The pay system steals about $1.2M from pilots per QUARTER, and that’s just the part they catch. The health insurance is overpriced and a complete rip off. We had a guy with NINE denials in 2021. We have three cases of guys dropping Aetna and having their denials accepted immediately by their new insurance companies.

But Brett Hart gets a $4.4M bonus?

And on and on and on. Great place to work? Core4? You gotta be fooking kidding me.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Last edited by AlettaOcean; 06-28-2022 at 05:46 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:42 AM
Ben Salley

Originally Posted by AlettaOcean View Post
Our union gets it right 99% of the time? For whom, management?

What are you smoking?

Blue Skies? Sold to the pilots by a MC who later scabbed.

ESOP? Pilots gave 24% of pay and received only 1% in B fund to buy shares. Couldn’t sell. Lost 99% of their money.

C2003? GAVE $1.3B per year x 6 years and furloughed extra 700 pilots to save pensions. Pensions gone 18 months later.

C2005? Gave another $100M and extended C2003 x 1 year. Agreed not to fight pension termination. Management $500M dividend payout in 2009.

2010-2011: Did nothing for two years.

PRA 2020: Gave 20-50% and split pilots into three groups. Bottom group still had to show up for 10 days. Delta gave far less and their bottom guys didn’t even have to show up,

UPA2022: Same corrupt MEC. Couldn’t sign PI LOA/MOU without opening up CBA, so they brought us this.

ANY QUESTIONS?

I certainly didn’t mean to ruffle feathers. When I talk about our union, I’m referencing everything that’s happened since the merger. The current United has very little in common with either legacy carrier. I remain optimistic about our current airline. And I’m an absolute, unequivocal NO vote on this TA. I wholeheartedly disagree with The idea that Mike Hamilton or Jeff Brown are corrupt. They just got it wrong this time…

Old 06-28-2022, 05:49 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

I certainly didn’t mean to ruffle feathers. When I talk about our union, I’m referencing everything that’s happened since the merger. The current United has very little in common with either legacy carrier. I remain optimistic about our current airline. And I’m an absolute, unequivocal NO vote on this TA. I wholeheartedly disagree with The idea that Mike Hamilton or Jeff Brown are corrupt. They just got it wrong this time…

Jeff Brown?

I’m probably confusing him with another guy, but didn’t he get fired by Steve Wallach?