Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 04:02 PM
line slug

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: B777 Captain

Originally Posted by AxlF16 View Post
How much of a pay increase would it take for you to accept the other parts of this TA?
Speaking for myself (I realize you weren’t asking me), I honestly don’t know. This thing is such a steaming pile of horse manure that I’m not sure I could ever accept this TA.

To me, the whole thing looks like a concessionary deal.
Old 06-26-2022, 04:29 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by 130av8er View Post
This things a Turd with Poopy flavored icing on top.

Annual Inflation
2021 7.0%
2022 8.6% (so far)
2023 3.0% (being kind here)
2024 3.0% (and here)
21.6% cummulative

Pay Raise 14% - 21.6% YOY Inflation = -7.6% (a PAY CUT )
Keep going...

U.S. inflation rate for 2020 was 1.23%
U.S. inflation rate for 2019 was 1.81%
U.S. inflation rate for 2018 was 2.44%
U.S. inflation rate for 2017 was 2.13%

Not real big numbers, but still, it all adds up.

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
Old 06-26-2022, 04:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Lax Dad View Post
Keep going...

U.S. inflation rate for 2020 was 1.23%
U.S. inflation rate for 2019 was 1.81%
U.S. inflation rate for 2018 was 2.44%
U.S. inflation rate for 2017 was 2.13%

Not real big numbers, but still, it all adds up.

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
2021 was 7%
2022 is currently 8.6%
Old 06-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by jdavk View Post
Speaking for myself (I realize you weren’t asking me), I honestly don’t know. This thing is such a steaming pile of horse manure that I’m not sure I could ever accept this TA.

To me, the whole thing looks like a concessionary deal.
It would take 23% to 25% and a real united funded retirement for me to get on board. Kirby had better get involved or United will collapse in chaos. ****ing on 13k pilots is not smart.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

If this had 15% DOS and 5% each year for two years, it would pass.

Nobody cares that much about reserves, it’s just a focal point for the section 3 peops. In aggregate I’d say this is better than what we have, but the lack of pace with inflation, combined with some very prominent “gives (including some of the bizarre LCA changes), makes this an obvious “NO,” for everyone outside of TK.

I honestly can’t understand how the company or union thought this would help Unfilled CA positions. I didn’t want to believe the union could be this ignorant, but here we are.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by Lewbronski View Post
If your pilots engage in any kind of concerted work action, you risk getting a restraining order slapped on your union and/or an enormous fine levied against the union and, possibly, individual pilots. APA got fined $45 million in 1999 ($79 million in 2022 dollars) and the court said in 2001 that Delta could go after individual pilots if DALPA couldn’t rein in their pilots. So, know the risk. But maybe it’d be worth it if it produces results.

To prove a concerted action, UA wouldn’t really need to establish that any kind of conspiracy among pilots exists. They’d just need to prove via easily producible data that there had been a dramatic uptick in sick calls or a downturn in picking up of open time or whatever as of a certain date.

What management, the courts, and even the AFA realize is labor’s strongest leverage is the ability to pose the realistic threat of legal self help. Regarding their CHAOS strikes (legally available only after a release to self help), the AFA explained, “CHAOS is AFA's trademarked strategy of intermittent strikes and other non-traditional work actions. It is an integral part of our public contract campaign, and the strongest weapon in our arsenal.”

Since you guys haven’t even entered mediation, you pose ZERO threat of self help to management. You’ve stripped yourself of your strongest weapon. You’ve willingly decided to show up at a gun fight with just your fists.

At your guys’ TA road shows, ask your reps why they never filed for mediation in the 3.5+ years since they began talking to the company.. Maybe there’s a good reason for it that I can’t fathom. If they can’t produce a good reason, maybe you ought to begin an immediate recall campaign and seek, if your constitution allows, to delay or cancel the TA vote.
Blah, blah, blah. Grow a set already.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by awax View Post
0600 reserve call out assures that commuters are forced to spend a previous day off to commute in.

That alone is worth flushing this turd.

it’s NOT a money contract and it’s not a work rules contract.
Just talking to folks out on the line I have a better chance of dressing up in ballerina outfit and telling a hells angel to go f himself than this pos passing.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by Mytime2025 View Post
Just talking to folks out on the line I have a better chance of dressing up in ballerina outfit and telling a hells angel to go f himself than this pos passing.
I hope we don’t see you on the back of a Harley with a “property of” slider on your back anytime soon.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
If this had 15% DOS and 5% each year for two years, it would pass.
You’re probably right about the rates. Most people focus on section 3, and place very little weight on reserve rules and other sections. There are a few gains in this deal. They would focus on that, ignore the bad, and over 51% would call it good enough.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:58 AM
Banned

Default ALPA has lost touch with reality

No pilot shortage it's a pay shortage

BS Then why do we have 1000s of canceled flights almost daily? Why does ALPA keep promoting crapy contracts?

I have zero confidence in ALPA