No
90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 08:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by Eagle06 View Post
Todays extra snapshot is already out. Comparing it to the Thursday snapshot this TA has not significantly changed bids. Unfilled captains and WB FOs hardly moved. And btw…. NO!
The T/A makes commuting reserve go from horrible to absolutely untenable!

You’d have to be totally desperate, stupid or forced by seniority to commute reserve under the T/A.

Reserve is a choice unless you’re forced into it. Then it’s not a choice for those the few, the proud and the ignorant who don’t know this.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

I’m a hard no and the last two pilots on my trip were no votes as well. I’m embarrassed this is what we have been handed after 3.5 years without a contract. I’d rather work at the old rates and work rules and let Delta set the bar for the industry since we obviously can’t negotiate our worth to mgmt.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:01 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by Lumberg823 View Post
I’m a hard no and the last two pilots on my trip were no votes as well. I’m embarrassed this is what we have been handed after 3.5 years without a contract. I’d rather work at the old rates and work rules and let Delta set the bar for the industry since we obviously can’t negotiate our worth to mgmt.
Absolutely spot on!
Old 06-26-2022, 09:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Food for thought from someone at SWA...

Those reserve rules never come back once you let them go. Here at SWA, not only are reserves on the hook for originators as early as 5am, the company can and will deadhead us out the day prior within our assigned reserve period, then once on the road they'll swap us to the other reserve timeframe so we end up flying the whole trip up to 12 hrs opposite of our normal sleep schedule. I have no faith that any of that will get changed no matter how much we want it, so the lesson there is don't give up work rules. They simply don't come back ever. It sounds like you guys have an awesome reserve rule that makes it possible to commute in the first day of reserves. My $.02 as a guy who can get called out to fly a 5am originator then have to finish the 4-day trip with 2pm report times, don't give up your reserve rules for ANYTHING.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:08 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017

If Delta is going to set the bar, please come help us picket if you happen to be available this Thursday. Picketing in all DAL pilot bases. ATL/DTW/JFK/LAX/SEA/SLC/MSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2022, 09:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Anyone voting yes to this pile of sh*t will never sit in my jumpseat. Not out of retribution but because no one that dumb should have access to a flight deck in the first place.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

We have a LEC meeting Thur but if I can make it up after I’ll be there. I’ve never understood why Alpa doesn’t put out calls for support from other airlines when they walk the line, it doesn’t have to be a strike, picketing is enough. If you hadn’t posted I wouldn’t have known. Almost makes you wonder if Alpa actually wants solidarity from the membership. We need to show solidarity not only for other pilots but FAs, caterers, rampers, anyone who is waking the line for improved working conditions. We need to get our unions to get their act together and support each other, the easiest thing would be to let the membership know who is picketing and put the word out if you can make it show up and support the cause!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

QUOTE=ReserveForLife;3448682]If Delta is going to set the bar, please come help us picket if you happen to be available this Thursday. Picketing in all DAL pilot bases. ATL/DTW/JFK/LAX/SEA/SLC/MSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Old 06-26-2022, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: B737 FO

We have a LEC meeting Thur but if I can make it up after I’ll be there. I’ve never understood why Alpa doesn’t put out calls for support from other airlines when they walk the line, it doesn’t have to be a strike, picketing is enough. If you hadn’t posted I wouldn’t have known. Almost makes you wonder if Alpa actually wants solidarity from the membership. We need to show solidarity not only for other pilots but FAs, caterers, rampers, anyone who is waking the line for improved working conditions. We need to get our unions to get their act together and support each other, the easiest thing would be to let the membership know who is picketing and put the word out if you can make it show up and support the cause!!!

Originally Posted by ReserveForLife View Post
If Delta is going to set the bar, please come help us picket if you happen to be available this Thursday. Picketing in all DAL pilot bases. ATL/DTW/JFK/LAX/SEA/SLC/MSP.

Not trying to throw stones, but maybe that's just UAL ALPA not communicating well? I have gotten many emails from DALPA letting me know about upcoming SWA, AAL, and AK pickets (I'm at DAL) and if I lived in any of those places I would have 100% attended. Also, heard we had a good showing of OAL pilots at some of our recent DALPA pickets.

Good luck and I hope you guys vote a big fat NO. UAL pilots are worth way more than this!
Old 06-26-2022, 10:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thanks. No offense at all taken. Good on DALPA for letting the rank and file know. I was actually more pointing fingers at big Alpa. Why don’t they send out messages letting us know? Why should it be down to the individual airline Alpa to get their pilots involved? I’m not happy. My pin will be worn upside down…

Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Not trying to throw stones, but maybe that's just UAL ALPA not communicating well? I have gotten many emails from DALPA letting me know about upcoming SWA, AAL, and AK pickets (I'm at DAL) and if I lived in any of those places I would have 100% attended. Also, heard we had a good showing of OAL pilots at some of our recent DALPA pickets.

Good luck and I hope you guys vote a big fat NO. UAL pilots are worth way more than this!
Old 06-26-2022, 10:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Merle Haggard View Post
That was a joke. Insler was in Kirby's pocket and clearly Hamilton is as well. In fact Hamilton appears to have even less backbone.

I'm not much on conspiracies but you really have to wonder if there is more going on than meets the eye for this TA to see the light of day.

MH is for MH
always been since his first involvement with ALPA