Originally Posted by That Guy 74 View Post
Same here.

NO $<@%ing way.
Hell No!!!
Old 06-25-2022, 11:41 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022
Default There goes the kirby lovefest

Scott in cahoots with ALPA just sh*t on this entire pilot group. I hope the savings help him to purchase several more vacation homes.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:45 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 767 Capt.
Angry

Originally Posted by Mytime2025 View Post
This is the most pathetic TA I have ever seen. 3 dollar and change rate increase for our new hires? Are you FN kidding me. No sign bonus, no retirement improvement at all. MBCBP no earlier that Jan 1 2024? Where is the NO later than language other than " reasonable"

What in the hell were these guys thinking?And we are paying for professional negotiators and attorneys? I would like a refund please. Not only NO but HELL NO

only vote we should take right now is recalling the NC. And here comes the " it was the best we could do" sales job scam. Pathetic!!!
Pathetic is right!!
Old 06-25-2022, 12:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by Wolf424 View Post
Hey everyone. Delta guy here. While sitting in my house sipping bourbon naked with just my hat on (naturally), I decided to check out what you guys thought in your TA. Wasn’t going to comment, as it’s not mine to vote on. But in reference to our TA 1 in contact 2015, here’s a little background for those unaware.

Our initial TA (known as TA 1) had many gives back to the company. The biggest of which was changing (reducing) our profit sharing formula. We were told over and over, by both our MEC, and management “There is no other deal! This is it. It will not get better than this. Take it or leave it.” Our MEC chair at the time actually said we would have a contract imposed on us by the PEB if we didn’t accept it.

Reviews were mixed at first. Eventually, as the vote got closer, a social media storm doomed that hunk of junk. We voted it down by almost a 70/30 ratio in the summer of 2015.

The MEC and negotiating committee were replaced and sent back to the table to get a deal we would agree on. It took another year, but in Sep 2016, we voted and passed TA 2 that was vastly improved on TA 1 in almost every way.

Just a little background on our own crappy TA and how we dealt with it.

Good luck, and I hope you guys get a great contract. So we can get a great contract. So you guys can get a great contract…it helps all of us.

Now excuse me while I go polish the brass on my hat and yell at people on guard.
If I may ride on your coattail sir……the same thing happened at SWA the last contract cycle. We voted TA1 down by a sizable majority and a year or so later(?) we had a vastly improved TA2 that passed.

The saddest part of all of this is that many pilots (not just at UAL) are forgetting that the supply and demand equation has not nor will it ever be more in our favor in our careers and yet there’s still an argument over rates of pay that barely keep up with if at all with rampant inflation. Seriously? What’s to debate?!

No disrespect to UAL pilots as it’s your contract to live by but I gotta say…… IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN?!
Old 06-25-2022, 01:07 PM
Banned

Default LTD isn't even close to DAL

What the HELL was the NC thinking? Did they really think they could fake out this pilot group with a Tumi suitcase? DAL 14K LTD this deal is 11.5K And DAL hasn't even cut a deal yet. I'm fn speechless over this turd. This looks like a total conssesionary deal

Disappointed doesnt begin to explain my position. I might need therapy after looking at this garbage
The NC way underestimated the expectations.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by fadec View Post
Vote yes to the current contract. It has many improvements over the TA.

Contract 2012 Highlights vs. TA 2022
-------------------------------------------------
10:00 first day reserve.
Expect massive PPU from training pipeline and reserve rules.
Landings are the company's problem.
50 seat scope makes larger aircraft preferable.
125% add pay for untriggered reassignments.
Less variable line construction rules.
0% raise over 18 months but option to negotiate or strike.
​​​​​​

I think that is simply best and most succinct point in this whole saga. It says it all.

Thanks for that laugh!
Old 06-25-2022, 01:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
Guess what…voting it down does even worse than keeping up with inflation. We will probably keep these payrates for 2 years at least. Then it will be harder to get a bigger raise because we are starting from a lower position.

I’m not thrilled with this at all, don’t get me wrong, but you are saying no to 15% raises and going to keep current rates. I do not believe we will magically get a ton of things fixed instantly if we vote it down. Which is fine, we can just stay on the current rates for another couple years.
I’d argue that you’re wrong. Kirby wanted a LOA to fix his TK/LCA staffing problem but the union said no. He knows that a large percentage of TK instructors plan on going back to the line without significant raises. He knows that he needs more LCA’s than are currently signed up for the job. He has a massive expansion planned that depends on having the training infrastructure in place and ready to go. If we shoot him down, he’ll be back quickly. This isn’t a TA, it’s a glorified LOA to fix his training problem. We finally have leverage. We should use it, flush this turd, and tell Kirby that his expansion will require a real TA, not a glorified LOA.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:04 PM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

If this passes, I would seriously like to invite all the ‘yes’ voters over to my house for a late night no limit poker game.

if this is the best hand you can put together with all the cards you are holding, I ought to be able to clean you out in no time.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

I don’t get a vote because I only have half a wing, but it would be a resounding “no”.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
If I may ride on your coattail sir……the same thing happened at SWA the last contract cycle. We voted TA1 down by a sizable majority and a year or so later(?) we had a vastly improved TA2 that passed.

The saddest part of all of this is that many pilots (not just at UAL) are forgetting that the supply and demand equation has not nor will it ever be more in our favor in our careers and yet there’s still an argument over rates of pay that barely keep up with if at all with rampant inflation. Seriously? What’s to debate?!

No disrespect to UAL pilots as it’s your contract to live by but I gotta say…… IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN?!
As a long timer UAL pilot not sure I have ever fealt more ashamed to be associated with this weak MEC . The fact they voted unanimous for this dog **** deal is just emberassing. I'm a VERY hard NO. Need to be able look in the mirror and be proud of my vote. I'll let the others deal with their shame.