90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 12:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

I would like to vote no out of anger or spite, but it doesn’t gain us anything.
You sir have no self worth.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

We actually have significant leverage. The company needs the training pipeline to work much better then currently and this will only get far worse over the next several years . United Next will not happen if they cant fix training pipeline.

This is a concessionary contract and I’m being kind. If we can vote this down and hopefully by a large margin the love affair with Kirby is over. Kirby has a huge ego and his promised growth and airline domination will not happen. He will lose his perception of labor peace on Wall Street. That will create leverage.

Look there are no guarantees in this life. But most likely a no vote will create leverage to get a much better TA in 3 to 6 months. Have some self respect. You can’t hold your nose and vote for this POS. We owe it to ourselves, our brother and sister pilots at UAL and the entire industry to vote this TA down.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Can you live with these reserve rules for the next decade? What about significantly less premium pay as a lineholder? What about getting reassigned every trip as a lineholder with zero penalty for the company on a basic trip?

If you give up 10am show on day one of reserve you aren't getting it back EVER. The increases to medical coverage, the lack of fixes to significant qol issues, and significant reduction in premium pay with that 10 am change are things we need fixed now. That premium pay reduction is 100's of millions of dollars going in the wrong direction every year.

More add pay doesn't get you home with the family any more if schedulers are maliciously abusing SCs and field standbys or you have lines built to 89.99 hrs. I want more time at home with better more efficient trips. What we got is a meager add pay offering to accept the abuse. Our priorities for our negotiating committee was solely money when it should have been a mix of money and qol. If you accept this you are sending the wrong message going forward. Being the richest guy with 12 days off a month isn't a goal of mine.

The company wants us to grow and they need this contract to incentivize upgrade/reserve/training positions. I can't imagine what leverage we will have in two years to completely rewrite our reserve rules which is what we need. We will be ridden hard and put away wet for a decade or more if this passes.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

I don’t think you really see the nose under the tent or just the tip type stuff that is here. If this passes it will be brutal to so many on the line and premium trips are bye bye. Line holders once they report for a trip are literally on reserve and reserves are committed to the company 18 days hard with 22 nights checking their schedule. Life as many know it will change in an instant.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Aquaticus View Post
Can you live with these reserve rules for the next decade? What about significantly less premium pay as a lineholder? What about getting reassigned every trip as a lineholder with zero penalty for the company on a basic trip?

If you give up 10am show on day one of reserve you aren't getting it back EVER. The increases to medical coverage, the lack of fixes to significant qol issues, and significant reduction in premium pay with that 10 am change are things we need fixed now. That premium pay reduction is 100's of millions of dollars going in the wrong direction every year.

More add pay doesn't get you home with the family any more if schedulers are maliciously abusing SCs and field standbys or you have lines built to 89.99 hrs. I want more time at home with better more efficient trips. What we got is a meager add pay offering to accept the abuse. Our priorities for our negotiating committee was solely money when it should have been a mix of money and qol. If you accept this you are sending the wrong message going forward. Being the richest guy with 12 days off a month isn't a goal of mine.

The company wants us to grow and they need this contract to incentivize upgrade/reserve/training positions. I can't imagine what leverage we will have in two years to completely rewrite our reserve rules which is what we need. We will be ridden hard and put away wet for a decade or more if this passes.
Perfectly said. This contract will double the divorces within our ranks. Pilots are blind and stupid.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by avi8er View Post
You sir have no self worth.
No. He built his Capt house, got the twin Teslas his and hers in the garage, as well as the boat and the Harley and he’s scared now. He’s afraid of losing it all plus his wife leaving and taking half of his future earnings.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Let me guess. 5 years here. 2 years in doing CP special assignments. 2 years at TK now living in CastleRock thinking you’ll never fly the line til your a 20% 767 CA and it’s just about the 1 section that pertains to you, the overrides and your 90 hour guarantee. Sell out!!
Old 06-25-2022, 04:08 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Well said above the TA throws money at the reserved and scheduling problems...nothing was fixed...No...
Old 06-25-2022, 04:14 AM
Aspiring PSA Captain

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by ClearCreek View Post
Yes voters make PAs with the FA handset.
Originally Posted by Furloughedboi View Post
Hey now, I made my PA’s that way back the regionals because I want customers coming back, not necessarily because United asks me too.
This TA is industry sub-par
A. That is hilarious and probably 99% accurate in actuality.

B. Customers don't give a ******. Cheapest ticket or best timing - period. In fact, if one is in the first few rows of first class (if there even is a first class), a blathering Captain America standing there with his junk in your face and telling you about which direction they're landing in Sheboygan is about the last thing you're interested in after listening to a gate agent screaming into a PA for an hour about 63 different boarding classifications. Can we just skip ahead to the credit card sales pitch please?

C. This TA is disgusting in every way. If you're not going to fix your miserable work rules, please at least be real prostitutes and get paid for the abuse. This does neither.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by awax View Post
0600 reserve call out assures that commuters are forced to spend a previous day off to commute in.

That alone is worth flushing this turd.

it’s NOT a money contract and it’s not a work rules contract.
Same here.

NO $<@%ing way.