Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 05:54 AM
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left

Originally Posted by AlettaOcean View Post
Jeff Brown?

I’m probably confusing him with another guy, but didn’t he get fired by Steve Wallach?

I doubt Jeff even knows Steve. LCal guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2022, 05:59 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot View Post
I don’t like it one bit. But given the current economic situation with a recession on the horizon, probably a long and deep one, getting anything is a win. People are saying that it barely beats inflation, but no pay raises is much worse with current inflation.

I’ll take the bird in the hand strictly based on the last 2 years economic condition of the company and the forward looking economic situation. Plus its only a 2 year deal so we restart negotiations hopefully right as the economy improves, Delta and American get some pay raises and the company has been profitable for a while.

Also getting something is a step and makes it easier to get our next step up, instead of trying to get it all in one shot in 3-4 years while having given up pay raises we would have had but turned down. 15% raises at the onset of an inflation for a company that has lost Billions in the last 2 years is something to think about.

I would like to vote no out of anger or spite, but it doesn’t gain us anything.
If you think this is 2 yrs your obviously new to the process. I think the MEC misunderstood the guidance. It's was Me too and unfortunately got translated as Tumi.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by AlettaOcean View Post
Jeff Brown?

I’m probably confusing him with another guy, but didn’t he get fired by Steve Wallach?
I think that was Tim Brown?
Old 06-28-2022, 06:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by fadec View Post
United promotes a sinful life of sodomy with the rainbow flag. They encourage bearing false witness against your neighbor with pronouns that exacerbate gender dysphoria. A lot of people believe Satan's lies and think they're upholding Christ's law to love their neighbor as themselves when in fact they're only loving wickedness itself. There are a lot of good things too. I still see the love of Jesus shining through many people here and overall it is a good place to work. All we can do is pray for those who have strayed and love them as ourselves.
Troll level 10….
Old 06-28-2022, 06:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2020

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
Sounds like personal issues that you need to work out. As far as “woke” and “liberal “, that has nothing to do with the folks relying on you to keep commerce moving in our great nation. You should keep in mind that it’s very easy to respect and honor folks with whom you agree. The PhD level is attained when you can respect folks with whom you don’t agree….trust me, that’s a much better life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why do you think personal? I run my own business. I don't impart my political, religious, or any other personal beliefs on my employees. I have no problem respecting people I disagree with. I told Scott that personally in front of a bunch of others in the class. Respectfully, of course. I don't need to trust you. I promise, I'm living a life most dream about. Including me. I just happen to think our company is not run well. The bankruptcies and what would've been a dissolving 2 years ago prove me right.

Edit. Please don't think I'm not saying people at United are bad. I know ALOT of fantastic people at work. It's the brand that is a turd in my opinion. We'll never fix that because we continue to give our opinion on every social issue of the day. That's not a good business practice. My proof of that is our goal is now to be like Southwest. If you haven't been to any TK classes lately, you won't know this. Being like SW includes running a business and taking care of customers and not involving your business in politics or social issues that divide your customers.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Default Emotion and revenge?

Originally Posted by TodKindrsChikun View Post
Emotion and revenge should never be involved moving forward. It masks the necessary and proper changes that need to be instituted. This union has taken a direction of support for company initiatives which I feel requires a serious discussion.
Where on earth has anyone mentioned either?? My point is when it comes to the career of making money and retiring from this profession FedEx and UPS blow us out of the water. Simple as that. Those are simple economic facts!!! No revenge or emotion here. Personally, I think it’s emotion that got us here. No one willing to hold these guys feet to the fire the last 6 years in fear of hurting their emotion.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2020

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
Where on earth has anyone mentioned either?? My point is when it comes to the career of making money and retiring from this profession FedEx and UPS blow us out of the water. Simple as that. Those are simple economic facts!!! No revenge or emotion here. Personally, I think it’s emotion that got us here. No one willing to hold these guys feet to the fire the last 6 years in fear of hurting their emotion.
Agree 100%. Management just told us all how they want the best pilot group in the HISTORY of aviation. Only one way to do that. Pay the best.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:55 AM
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left

Kinda why the best of us don’t do ALPA work for long. Neither Mike or Jeff should be the target of any revenge. Maybe just an opportunity to come back and fly the line for a while. Which isn’t punishment. Line Captain is still the best job at United

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by BobbyLeeSwagger; 06-28-2022 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
Why anyone would choose UAL over FedEx and UPS is beyond me. I get it from the outside looking in but if one truly does their homework no way is it justified to come here over those two. And after seeing this Id be getting my stuff in at FedEx and UPS so quick. The career earnings and retirement numbers at those two places is staggering over a career at UAL. Mind blowing the differences…
Well, if you read a thread here where a guy is asking UAL vs. UPS you’ll read a bunch of our woefully ignorant coworkers expel the virtues of UAL over UPS from their podiums….

Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
Troll level 10….
Actually, when you pick up on it, it adds some comic relief to threads that go off the rails.

Sometimes it’s great when a thread gets “fadec’d” ​​​​​​​
Old 06-28-2022, 07:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Mike and Jeff believe what they're selling. I can tell from the conference yesterday that they thought the contract was an excellent piece of work. I recall one remark, that certain guys knew what they were doing because they sat right alongside crew scheduling as PDR's came in. They saw the aggregate of problems first hand, implying that perhaps a reserve pilot has the more limited view.

I have no doubt they worked hard and I thank them for their efforts. Unfortunately their lack of experience from a pilot's point of view and their close proximity to management and crew scheduling has impacted their judgement. Their priorities have drifted so far from the priorities of a pilot that they are incapable of providing competent representation.