No
90.62%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 09:07 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Our current contract is better than this TA. They are asking you to give away all our leverage for an hr of add pay here and there. Absolutely ridiculous they even brought this POS to us. FWIW, This is my first NO vote on a contract.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

My initial read of the TA left me nonplussed. The pay raises were tepid (considering how much inflation has eaten away at purchasing power) and it appeared ADD PAY was used to solve all the previous problems we had with the contract. After looking more closely, I began to see things that caused great concern for the future of our profession. The biggest was allowing contract PI's at TK. This is a huge leverage giveaway, regardless of how innocuous it may seem now. Furthermore, the changing of reserve rules to allow 0600 departures on the first day is yet again a giveaway we should be careful about selling.

I sat on my decision until yesterday when I read the PRO-CON letters. The PRO letter seemed to be written to scare us into voting for the contract as this would be the best we could possibly do, considering a dark future economic outlook for the country. It also seemed to insinuate anything proffered by the CON side was simply misinformation. After two years of "experts" deriding supposed misinformation from other corners, only to have those same experts look like fools when the misinformation turned out to be fact, this approach seemed incredibly off key. On the other hand, the CON letter laid out a methodical, cogent explanation of the impact some of these Easter eggs could have in the long run. The foresight shown by the CON letter writers thus sounded more like my union representatives and less like management sycophants. I wasn't here for the lost decade, but I have no desire to set conditions that could facilitate its return.

If all you're looking at is $$$, then this contract should leave you wanting. If you care about the future of our profession, this contract should alarm you. The fact that this appeared so unexpectedly should signal a shift in the negotiating climate, particularly in light of the growing agitation at other airlines. I voted no because I won't be scared into voting for something with obvious warts. I encourage others to look carefully at the downside of this TA and consider where it could take us.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
If all you're looking at is $$$, then this contract should leave you wanting. If you care about the future of our profession, this contract should alarm you.
Great post - especially this 👍
Old 06-30-2022, 12:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by Viperstick;[url=tel:3451947
3451947[/url]]My initial read of the TA left me nonplussed. The pay raises were tepid (considering how much inflation has eaten away at purchasing power) and it appeared ADD PAY was used to solve all the previous problems we had with the contract. After looking more closely, I began to see things that caused great concern for the future of our profession. The biggest was allowing contract PI's at TK. This is a huge leverage giveaway, regardless of how innocuous it may seem now. Furthermore, the changing of reserve rules to allow 0600 departures on the first day is yet again a giveaway we should be careful about selling.

I sat on my decision until yesterday when I read the PRO-CON letters. The PRO letter seemed to be written to scare us into voting for the contract as this would be the best we could possibly do, considering a dark future economic outlook for the country. It also seemed to insinuate anything proffered by the CON side was simply misinformation. After two years of "experts" deriding supposed misinformation from other corners, only to have those same experts look like fools when the misinformation turned out to be fact, this approach seemed incredibly off key. On the other hand, the CON letter laid out a methodical, cogent explanation of the impact some of these Easter eggs could have in the long run. The foresight shown by the CON letter writers thus sounded more like my union representatives and less like management sycophants. I wasn't here for the lost decade, but I have no desire to set conditions that could facilitate its return.

If all you're looking at is $$$, then this contract should leave you wanting. If you care about the future of our profession, this contract should alarm you. The fact that this appeared so unexpectedly should signal a shift in the negotiating climate, particularly in light of the growing agitation at other airlines. I voted no because I won't be scared into voting for something with obvious warts. I encourage others to look carefully at the downside of this TA and consider where it could take us.

I’d love to hear a yes voter refute any of this.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:19 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
TA IS SUSPENDED.

MEC knew this is failing and got an out. I don't give a **** how we get it done, just get it done. Retirement plan will be the only way any TAs will pass.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:25 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
How silly those yes voters must fill now that the TA is suspended lol. They almost flushed the rest of us down the drain. Of course we all know the MEC saw the vote count and used APA as the out of this mess.

NOW GET A GREAT DEAL AND STOP DENYING THE SHORTAGE!!
Pay/ retirement and work rules. It's not rocket science and stop listening to so called experts, listen to your pilots.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Mytime2025 View Post
TA IS SUSPENDED.

MEC knew this is failing and got an out. I don't give a **** how we get it done, just get it done. Retirement plan will be the only way any TAs will pass.
It’s not officially over, keep the press on the “no” vote.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:44 PM
Orbis Non Sufficit

Joined APC: Oct 2015

We still need an up or down vote to ensure that certain individuals can’t slither out of this….
Old 07-01-2022, 03:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

TA IS SUSPENDED.

The TA is not suspended, the roadshows and TA activities by the MEC are.

Per the C&BL a membership votes stays in play unless another membership vote supersedes it. So short of them renegotiating a new TA which is practically impossible given the short timeline, this TA ballot will stay active until it closes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2022, 08:14 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020

TA IS SUSPENDED.

TA is NOT SUSPENDED!!!!!

Just the sales job/Road shows.

Don't slack up, we still gotta get a decisive NO vote out. Printable bag tags here United MEC announces suspension of TA Activit