Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: FO
Thumbs down

Flew with 2 different captains who said "it's not great, but we should vote YES because, recession, etc." Also, met a WB FO that didn't even read the TA (or section-3) and said "it's a YES for me, I retire in 2 years. Is the TA any good? Show me the bullet points..."

You can't make this up. I'm all good with people voting for what they want/think is good for them, but to vote without even knowing what's there?
Old 06-29-2022, 06:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by rockelino View Post
Also, met a WB FO that didn't even read the TA (or section-3) and said "it's a YES for me, I retire in 2 years.
Had a CAP tell me the same thing. Gee thanks for crapping on the bar on the way out the door buddy! "It's all you man...alllll you."
Old 06-29-2022, 07:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by rockelino View Post
I'm all good with people voting for what they want/think is good for them,
I'm not. It's exploitable if management and negotiators are on the same team. In theory you could divide the pilot group into 3 demographic groups. Then you take 15% from one and give 5% to the other two, and every time the company saves 5%. The MEC is supposed to be the gatekeeper to block shenanigans like this, but when they're compromised it's up to us. If you're not voting on the totality of this thing, and are only voting for you, then I really don't see the point of this union thing. Maybe it really is time to take off the ALPA pin.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:25 PM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by jetjock257 View Post
Had a CAP tell me the same thing. Gee thanks for crapping on the bar on the way out the door buddy! "It's all you man...alllll you."
Let us vote!
Old 06-29-2022, 08:35 PM
Aspiring PSA Captain

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
Wait a minute guys. United Airlines is still a great place to work. Sans the current quagmire we find ourselves in, we currently have the best CBA in the industry;
Have you read any other CBA's? You couldn't be less informed. UAL work rules are horrifying.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by 130av8er View Post
This things a Turd with Poopy flavored icing on top.

Annual Inflation
2021 7.0%
2022 8.6% (so far)
2023 3.0% (being kind here)
2024 3.0% (and here)
21.6% cummulative

Pay Raise 14% - 21.6% YOY Inflation = -7.6% (a PAY CUT )
I’m no math major, but I think cumulatively that would 23.28% because each year’s inflation compounds on the previous year’s inflation. 1.07 x 1.086 x 1.03 x 1.03 instead of summing together each year’s inflation.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:52 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Originally Posted by CALPilotToo View Post
I wonder how many of our new hire pilots in the last year or two are regretting coming here now if they had other offers from Delta, UPS, or FedEx? I told a few during that time that the biggest threat to their careers here was our current union leadership. That unfortunately just revealed it’s ugly head. And we all know Insler is still wagging the tail like Obama. Insler bragged about his relationship with management and how he’d sit down to dinners with Kirby. Never should that happen. Only in a negotiation setting and only with lawyers present. Insler and TS right there in the same mold. We got CPOS02 and TS got a cushy flight Ops management job. Let’s see where Insler ultimately ends up…🤔

We all know?? We all know what? I pay attention. I ask questions of my reps. I never read that nonsense anywhere except in anonymous forums.

Thousands of new pilots. Record growth. United positioned better than any other carrier on the planet.

Yeah, you're a special kind of stupid.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Merle Haggard View Post
Have you read any other CBA's? You couldn't be less informed. UAL work rules are horrifying.
... and that's why I didn't care about pay raises on this contract. I was looking for improved QOL. Instead, we got a concessionary TA with worse QOL. Never mind the poor pay raise.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:59 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by Nantonaku View Post
There is always something right around the corner. Another pandemic, another recession, a crash, another terrorist incident. You'll never get more than scraps thinking this way. I take it you voted, "We'll get 'em next time" on this poll? Best one liner for the TA?
Pilots need to go back and take some remedial math classes. This TA is consessionary and no amount of ALPAs sales job will change that. Mesa just rejected a TA , Horizon overwhelmingly rejected an LOA . All pilot unions including ALPA are out of touch with pilot sentiment and they better get aligned fast or all hell will break loose.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:15 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2022
Default MBCBP Doesn't even exist yet its in TA

The MEC has hit a new low. They are now putting things into a TA that don't even exist. After 4 yrs all they got on a MAJOR section like retirement was a so called promise for something way out into the future? Not one cent of retirement improvements just an idea of more self funded BS. That's what 4 yrs of negotiations produced? WTF. Recall entire MEC ( except those that rejected this pig) emmediatly. United pilots deserve more than BS talk they deserve a real retirement plan with company contributions. This is insane what is going on during a severe pilot shortage, and if any of you clowns that buy into the ALPA BS line just look at the cancelations and grounded airplanes while every carrier is scrambling to open entry training programs. That's not because " there are plenty of pilots" the monkey **** being spewed by ALPA.