Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Northern Air Cargo

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Riggsk View Post
Hey guys,

I interviewed at NAC on January 17th and I thought it went very well. They told me I could expect to hear back around the 25th but I didn't get anything. I followed up with the HR manager and she said they are running into delays with the union and it should take another week to get more information (that was last month). Its almost been a month since I've interviewed, is it safe to say I didn't get the job?
Delays with the union? That’s ridiculous. I can 100 percent guarantee you that is not correct. What the company IS running into delays with is training. Lots of changes happening in that department, but I don’t expect it’ll happen overnight. Considering that we have multiple pilots who’ve been waiting for OE for 8 months or more, I’d say they’re probably not really in a rush to hire anyone off the street at the moment. But the whole “delays with the Union” thing is laughable. The Union doesn’t schedule ground schools, sims, or OE. And the Union doesn’t dictate who they hire or when they hire them.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:09 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: E175 Right Seat

Originally Posted by swingear View Post
Delays with the union? That’s ridiculous. I can 100 percent guarantee you that is not correct. What the company IS running into delays with is training. Lots of changes happening in that department, but I don’t expect it’ll happen overnight. Considering that we have multiple pilots who’ve been waiting for OE for 8 months or more, I’d say they’re probably not really in a rush to hire anyone off the street at the moment. But the whole “delays with the Union” thing is laughable. The Union doesn’t schedule ground schools, sims, or OE. And the Union doesn’t dictate who they hire or when they hire them.
Thanks for the reply! Interesting that they seem to be taking their time on hiring. I’ve heard from guys on the Aloha Air Cargo side that they are really sort on Pilots.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: FTE

The part about the union might be part of it. There was a vacancy bid that went out about 3 weeks ago. It only got released a few days ago because their was a dispute with the union about how the Company was doing it. That got straightened out. The vacancy had 7 pilots needed on 767 in MIA. They probably wanted to see how many bid it. From my understanding only 3 pilots bid it, so no word if they will junior assign the remaining 4 slots or give to new hires.
FWIW- the most junior guy got awarded 767 FO in MIA.
If you want to fly out of MIA, you will have no problem.

And yes there are several waiting for OE, but we will still be short when they are done. Several pilots are in the Hawaiian pool and will be leaving soon.

As stated above, the training dept is a mess, but that is being taken care of by the new management, so don't give up hope yet.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by tikicarver View Post
The part about the union might be part of it. There was a vacancy bid that went out about 3 weeks ago. It only got released a few days ago because their was a dispute with the union about how the Company was doing it.
Calling it a "dispute" is kind of mischaracterizing it. Like I said, I can tell you it was not the fault of the Union. I'm sure thats what the folks in HR were told, though. This kind of thing is why management is undergoing major changes. You're right though, Tiki. The new group has shown us some good reason to be positive. It's high time we have some solid leadership from Anchorage.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default NAC

Has NAC. stopped hiring? If so when do they plan to start up again?
Old 03-16-2019, 10:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Can someone give a rundown on a typical day/month working for NAC? Is most of the flying on demand, scheduled, backside of the clock, etc. Whats the schedule like (days on days off)? Pay? Upgrade? Whatever else I need to know to make and informed decision.
I’m a captain at a regional carrier now and looking for a change, possibly a move to Hawaii. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Sticky39 View Post
Can someone give a rundown on a typical day/month working for NAC? Is most of the flying on demand, scheduled, backside of the clock, etc. Whats the schedule like (days on days off)? Pay? Upgrade? Whatever else I need to know to make and informed decision.
I’m a captain at a regional carrier now and looking for a change, possibly a move to Hawaii. Thanks.
HNL flying is mostly night, with LOTS of short hops and turns. What day flying there is goes super senior, from what I've been told.

ANC is more mellow, still plenty of late nights and early mornings, but more daytime flying overall with longer legs and fewer turns.

MIA is mostly 0100/0200 lcl departures for loooong days with augmented crews.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: FTE

HNL has fast miving FO list. Top FO has only been there 1.5 yrs.

Before you make a move to Hawaii you need to check out if you can afford to live there. Housing is expensive. Look at some threads in the Hawaiian airlines section for more info.

If you want to fly out of MIA, new hires are getting the 767. No one in ANC or HNL wants to commute there. But that is were the growth is.
Depends what your goals are, ger some larger jet time and move on or stay long term.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:36 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2018

How fast is upgrade on the 767? Schedule and QOL in MIA?
Old 03-23-2019, 03:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

What’s the schedule like in HNL and MIA on the 73?