Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Aviation Law Legal issues, FARs, and questions
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2015, 10:42 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Right
Posts: 82
Default Being fired after resignation !?!

Happy holidays guys!

I am confuse about something...
I got a job with a regional at the end of November and resigned right away from my current 135 company.
My last day was supposed to be the first week of January 16.

Now my DO wants to fire me because He wants to let me fly during my hard day off and I am opposing to that.
Can he actually fire me after I already resigned?

How would that come out and look on the pria?

He did not received the pria yet. I am starting my class with the new company at the end of January.

Thanks for your answer!

Merry Christmas


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westwind1 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 171
Default

Did you submit a letter of resignation with a paper trail via email?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
SevereClear1 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #3  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Right
Posts: 82
Default

No. Our 135 Ops is pretty small. 3 pilots (one of them is me, the other one is the owner/DO) and a dispatcher. I told them in Person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westwind1 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #4  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwind1 View Post
No. Our 135 Ops is pretty small. 3 pilots (one of them is me, the other one is the owner/DO) and a dispatcher. I told them in Person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are screwed then. He can burn you on your PRIA by stating that you are not eligible for re-hire. That will follow you around for the rest of your flying career.
Czech Airman is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwind1 View Post
No. Our 135 Ops is pretty small. 3 pilots (one of them is me, the other one is the owner/DO) and a dispatcher. I told them in Person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poor guy don't watch enough Judge Judy. EVERYTHING must be done in writing! Now just bend over and fly your days off while you type up your resignation..
sweetholyjesus is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
mooney's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CL-65 captain
Posts: 2,234
Default

The regionals are hurting so bad for pilots now they won't care about an old disgruntled boss, as long as you don't lie about it.
mooney is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #7  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney View Post
The regionals are hurting so bad for pilots now they won't care about an old disgruntled boss, as long as you don't lie about it.
But DAL, UA, AA, SWA, FDX and UPS will! Hate for him not to get hired at a major because his PRIA shows that he was fired from his 135. Way too many major candidates with squeaky clean PRIAs than to worry about one's sob story about how his 135 "screwed" him.
Czech Airman is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #8  
Bracing for Fallacies
 
block30's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Has a DC-9 Type
Posts: 2,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwind1 View Post
Happy holidays guys!

I am confuse about something...
I got a job with a regional at the end of November and resigned right away from my current 135 company.
My last day was supposed to be the first week of January 16.

Now my DO wants to fire me because He wants to let me fly during my hard day off and I am opposing to that.
Can he actually fire me after I already resigned?

How would that come out and look on the pria?

He did not received the pria yet. I am starting my class with the new company at the end of January.

Thanks for your answer!

Merry Christmas


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd contact your new employer ASAP and make sure they know and that you still plan on being there for class as scheduled.
block30 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat
Posts: 4,448
Default

Do you have a printed schedule showing your 'hard day off'?

If you have the paperwork to back up your refusal, IMO, you'd be OK.

If not you're in a gray zone.

If you're still working there you didn't resign. Think about that for a second...you gave notice two months prior. You didn't resign. Nice of you to do that but you could have waited.
Sliceback is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
mooney's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CL-65 captain
Posts: 2,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Airman View Post
But DAL, UA, AA, SWA, FDX and UPS will! Hate for him not to get hired at a major because his PRIA shows that he was fired from his 135. Way too many major candidates with squeaky clean PRIAs than to worry about one's sob story about how his 135 "screwed" him.
No, he will do 3-5 clean years at a regional, and the majors won't give a squat that his boss a few years back fired him for not working on a day off. There are plenty of guys with more than 1 pink slip and DUI's, or fired from a shady 135 getting on at majors these days, let's not act like they still only take the best of the best.
mooney is offline  
 
 
 

 
Closed Thread
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta resignation letter question bull Major 33 03-25-2014 04:31 AM
Fired Over Facebook Postings vagabond Hangar Talk 2 11-10-2010 12:30 PM
Getting fired RPaulson Career Questions 14 12-27-2008 02:57 PM
How should I explain a resignation when I was employed for a short time? nicale Career Questions 8 09-14-2008 06:46 AM
Fired for firing joel payne Hangar Talk 2 04-17-2008 05:46 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:00 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1