Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Cargo
FDX--More rumors of 767 >

FDX--More rumors of 767

Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

FDX--More rumors of 767

Old 08-05-2011, 10:25 AM
  #41  
Gets Weekends Off
 
3pointlanding's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Oh they are coming but what will they replace? I am guessing the A-310 since we don't make money with it and there are three DC-10's in mod to be converted to MD-10's.
3pointlanding is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 AM
  #42  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

A new airframe?!?

Quick, we need to bring back tough guys like BC and DW to make sure the 767 flying doesn't go to foreign pilots. They don't take %$&@ from anyone, not even the membership. I don't know how we would have kept the Asia flying without them.
Gunter is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 AM
  #43  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MaydayMark's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain
Posts: 4,304
Default

Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
A new airframe?!?

Quick, we need to bring back tough guys like BC and DW to make sure the 767 flying doesn't go to foreign pilots. They don't take %$&@ from anyone, not even the membership. I don't know how we would have kept the Asia flying without them.
Don't forget we need to get them back because they did such a fine job negotiating the payrate for our last new airframe!*?

What would the 767 pay? Would BC and DW agree that the 767 should be narrow body pay in exchange for getting REALLY BIG A380 rates? Nah, they would never do that ...
MaydayMark is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 PM
  #44  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

Exactly. That's the only way we'll get another pay raise. I just want to someone tough in charge again to show'em who's boss.
Gunter is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 04:57 PM
  #45  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Cap
Posts: 1,306
Default

Originally Posted by 3pointlanding View Post
Oh they are coming but what will they replace? I am guessing the A-310 since we don't make money with it and there are three DC-10's in mod to be converted to MD-10's.
Odd since the MD10 conversion line shut down almost exactly 2 years ago.
We do have some MadDogs in conversion. My guess is 767 equals older MD10 conversion replacement.
fdx727pilot is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 05:36 PM
  #46  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Posts: 3,988
Default

Originally Posted by 3pointlanding View Post
I am guessing the A-310 since we don't make money with it .....
So, Fedex is operating about 46 A310 aircraft at a loss? I can't claim everything these guys do passes the sniff test (Guangzhou comes to mind) - but I'm a little fuzzy on this statement. Care to elaborate a little?
Adlerdriver is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 07:56 PM
  #47  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 77
Default

I believe they will indeed be replacing the MD-10.
cp44fla is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 PM
  #48  
Slainge Var'
 
AerisArmis's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Zeppelin Tail Gunner
Posts: 1,530
Default

Originally Posted by cp44fla View Post
I believe they will indeed be replacing the MD-10.
Why would we replace a jet built in 1968? If I had a 68 Vette or Mustang I sure as heck wouldn't replace it! I wonder how many Budweiser cans you can make out of an MD-10?
AerisArmis is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:57 PM
  #49  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Busdrivr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 480
Default

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post


So, Fedex is operating about 46 A310 aircraft at a loss? I can't claim everything these guys do passes the sniff test (Guangzhou comes to mind) - but I'm a little fuzzy on this statement. Care to elaborate a little?
And why would FedEx operate airplanes at a loss. can you explain this?
Busdrivr is offline  
Old 08-06-2011, 05:46 AM
  #50  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Posts: 3,988
Default

Originally Posted by Busdrivr View Post
And why would FedEx operate airplanes at a loss. can you explain this?
Courtesy of the Department of Redundancy Department...........
Adlerdriver is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Cargo
83
07-14-2010 07:27 AM
MidNightRider
Cargo
5
03-27-2010 03:40 PM
jagplt
Cargo
7
05-19-2008 11:39 AM
Tractor Bob
Cargo
172
03-25-2007 09:19 PM
GBU-24
Cargo
6
02-14-2007 06:11 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices