Notices

New Hire Class Drops

Old 08-25-2022, 06:34 PM
  #2681  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bergman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Slingin' Gear and Drinkin' Beer
Posts: 595
Default

Originally Posted by cantflylist
I believe they like to have a 6 month pool - as they probably did pre-covid. I also believe class sizes are now between 50-60. So they may be targeting over 1200 poolies. I was lucky to have only 2.5 months between CJO & indoc
I heard from a reliable source that they’re in the 3-4 month pool range and trying to reduce that, but training is backed up still which is the limiting factor.
Bergman is offline  
Old 08-25-2022, 06:43 PM
  #2682  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA
Posts: 4,496
Default

Originally Posted by ParkerPilot
The 220 won't be available to new hires until the next AE, at the earliest. There were no open positions on the last AE so it effectively has the same constraints as the 350 and 330. No open bids for those on property, so no new hire slots!
And the NYC 220 drought continues
Gone Flying is offline  
Old 08-25-2022, 06:59 PM
  #2683  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 2,370
Default

Originally Posted by ParkerPilot
The 220 won't be available to new hires until the next AE, at the earliest. There were no open positions on the last AE so it effectively has the same constraints as the 350 and 330. No open bids for those on property, so no new hire slots!
I count around 60 unfilled secondary vacancies for 220 fo's, as long as they didn't deny any current pilots with a bid, they could fill those. New hire positions have to be offered to bid, but that includes secondary vacancies.
Baradium is offline  
Old 08-28-2022, 03:53 AM
  #2684  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by Gone Flying
And the NYC 220 drought continues
I was talking to a new hire who's on the nyc 220 and he said he was worried about consolidating because he's flying so little on reserve. I didn't believe him until I looked at their daily trip coverage. Such a dramatic difference from the constant Gs and As on the other NBs. It reminds me of the good old days of 2018 when you could actually swap and drop trips.
RJ4LIFE is offline  
Old 08-28-2022, 04:21 AM
  #2685  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane
Posts: 2,420
Default

Originally Posted by Baradium
I count around 60 unfilled secondary vacancies for 220 fo's, as long as they didn't deny any current pilots with a bid, they could fill those. New hire positions have to be offered to bid, but that includes secondary vacancies.
Out of curiosity how can you find the specifics of unfilled secondary vacancies? How do you determine that they are truly unfilled vs the company choosing not to backfill? I realize that the company would likely NOT "choose not to backfill" an entry level position.
Herkflyr is offline  
Old 08-28-2022, 06:21 AM
  #2686  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 2,370
Default

Originally Posted by Herkflyr
Out of curiosity how can you find the specifics of unfilled secondary vacancies? How do you determine that they are truly unfilled vs the company choosing not to backfill? I realize that the company would likely NOT "choose not to backfill" an entry level position.
If the company chooses not to fill secondaries they are still unfilled. You can't readily see if anyone had an unawarded bid in, which is what actually makes the unfilled secondaries available for new hires.

I count up how many pilots are leaving the position and then subtract how many are awarded it
. If any positions were listed on the AE, I then add those to my total for my number of available positions.
Baradium is offline  
Old 08-28-2022, 06:37 AM
  #2687  
Line Holder
 
Prop Job's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
Default

The unfilled's that stand out to me, per widget seniority, are ATL 330B, ATL 765B, and NYC 765B (I only really looked at NY, ATL, and DTW). I'm guessing ATL 330B was a case of the company choosing not to fill and NYC 765B was prob truly unfilled. I'm curious which camp ATL 765B falls into.
Prop Job is offline  
Old 08-28-2022, 09:35 AM
  #2688  
Can’t find crew pickup
 
Joined APC: Jun 2021
Posts: 2,119
Default

Originally Posted by Prop Job
The unfilled's that stand out to me, per widget seniority, are ATL 330B, ATL 765B, and NYC 765B (I only really looked at NY, ATL, and DTW). I'm guessing ATL 330B was a case of the company choosing not to fill and NYC 765B was prob truly unfilled. I'm curious which camp ATL 765B falls into.
I heard somewhere that the 765 unfilled were due to training backlog and expect to see more on the next bid.
Whoopsmybad is offline  
Old 08-28-2022, 11:19 AM
  #2689  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,136
Default

Originally Posted by Baradium
...which is what actually makes the unfilled secondaries available for new hires.
Are you sure about that? Contingent vacancies are not category vacancies. Pretty sure they would need to be rebid for a new hire to get them under 22.E.10. If you start out with 75 category vacancies for [as an example] NYC73N and 15 pilots bid out with no backfill, I suspect you have 75 vacancies immediately available for new hires and 15 that will need to be rebid as vacancies in the next AE.
FL370esq is offline  
Old 08-28-2022, 12:19 PM
  #2690  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 2,370
Default

Originally Posted by FL370esq
Are you sure about that? Contingent vacancies are not category vacancies. Pretty sure they would need to be rebid for a new hire to get them under 22.E.10. If you start out with 75 category vacancies for [as an example] NYC73N and 15 pilots bid out with no backfill, I suspect you have 75 vacancies immediately available for new hires and 15 that will need to be rebid as vacancies in the next AE.
Yes I'm sure. As long as current pilots without seat locks who had bids in were awarded. In other words they have to backfill to do it, but the backfill can be new hires.

By your logic, if the company posted an AE for 20 NYC73N, and 20 pilots bid off A220 to go there, they would have to post another AE to even have any new hire vacancies.
Baradium is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
MasterOfPuppets
United
4057
06-13-2024 08:17 AM
MCFlyer
American
6024
02-11-2020 08:21 AM
rabsing76
American
2
08-17-2016 06:56 PM
Davedave
United
4
01-07-2016 05:29 AM
hvydriver
Cargo
12
08-22-2007 03:59 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices