Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #3471  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GyroNole's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: New Hire
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderguider View Post
Anecdotal observation only, but flown the 717, on the 737 now, and it seems to be far more reliable than even the 717 which was a reliable itself.


That is what I have been told that by maintenance folks and guys to fly and have flown the 737....Lots of people talk bad about itís old overhead panel and cramped/loud cockpit (which makes me laugh because I think all of these airplanes are loud without earplugs)....but speak fondly of the way it flies and its reliability... probably my next jet at Delta.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GyroNole is offline  
Old 10-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #3472  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: 737FO
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroNole View Post
That is what I have been told that by maintenance folks and guys to fly and have flown the 737....Lots of people talk bad about itís old overhead panel and cramped/loud cockpit (which makes me laugh because I think all of these airplanes are loud without earplugs)....but speak fondly of the way it flies and its reliability... probably my next jet at Delta.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Works good, lasts long time.
m3113n1a1 is online now  
Old 10-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #3473  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GogglesPisano's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: 73NA
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderguider View Post
Anecdotal observation only, but flown the 717, on the 737 now, and it seems to be far more reliable than even the 717 which was a reliable itself.
I agree 100%. Very few MELís, the APU always works (Iíd say the APU was inop on the 717 10-15% of the time in the summer.) And no VIA fails while taxiing.
GogglesPisano is offline  
Old 10-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #3474  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroNole View Post
That is what I have been told that by maintenance folks and guys to fly and have flown the 737....Lots of people talk bad about itís old overhead panel and cramped/loud cockpit (which makes me laugh because I think all of these airplanes are loud without earplugs)....but speak fondly of the way it flies and its reliability... probably my next jet at Delta.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the flip side, i couldnít get off that airplane fast enough.
tunes is online now  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:04 PM   #3475  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroNole View Post
That is what I have been told that by maintenance folks and guys to fly and have flown the 737....Lots of people talk bad about itís old overhead panel and cramped/loud cockpit (which makes me laugh because I think all of these airplanes are loud without earplugs)....but speak fondly of the way it flies and its reliability... probably my next jet at Delta.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tell people this all the time - the 73 gets ragged on a lot for it's lack of technology but that may actually be one of its greatest strengths. The systems are simple and reliable - hell, they've had 50 years to work out all the kinks. It almost never breaks, and when it does its pretty obvious what needs to get fixed; not some computer glitch or intermittent sensor issue.
RJ4LIFE is offline  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #3476  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Position: 320B
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ4LIFE View Post
I tell people this all the time - the 73 gets ragged on a lot for it's lack of technology but that may actually be one of its greatest strengths. The systems are simple and reliable - hell, they've had 50 years to work out all the kinks. It almost never breaks, and when it does its pretty obvious what needs to get fixed; not some computer glitch or intermittent sensor issue.
Nice. Except the 73 is exactly the aircraft grounded for computer glitches and intermittent sensor issues. Seems Boeing had 50 years to fí it up.
DRaab is online now  
Old 10-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #3477  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaab View Post
Nice. Except the 73 is exactly the aircraft grounded for computer glitches and intermittent sensor issues. Seems Boeing had 50 years to fí it up.
We dont fly those
RJ4LIFE is offline  
Old 10-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #3478  
Waiting for the Bus
 
cni187's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ4LIFE View Post
I tell people this all the time - the 73 gets ragged on a lot for it's lack of technology but that may actually be one of its greatest strengths. The systems are simple and reliable - hell, they've had 50 years to work out all the kinks. It almost never breaks, and when it does its pretty obvious what needs to get fixed; not some computer glitch or intermittent sensor issue.
It has automatic pitot heat now, but we still have to move the damn switches. I'll never understand that one. The cockpit is still the size of a B-17.
cni187 is offline  
Old 10-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #3479  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)
Posts: 4,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cni187 View Post
It has automatic pitot heat now, but we still have to move the damn switches. I'll never understand that one. The cockpit is still the size of a B-17.
Same windscreen, instead of bullet proof- bird proof.
badflaps is offline  
Old 10-13-2019, 05:11 AM   #3480  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ4LIFE View Post
I tell people this all the time - the 73 gets ragged on a lot for it's lack of technology but that may actually be one of its greatest strengths. The systems are simple and reliable - hell, they've had 50 years to work out all the kinks. It almost never breaks, and when it does its pretty obvious what needs to get fixed; not some computer glitch or intermittent sensor issue.
You have to take 30 seconds to move a few more switches on the overhead you basically donít touch the rest of the flight but you get more modern and better displays.
sailingfun is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American interviews and class dates MCFlyer American 6010 05-13-2019 11:19 AM
New Class Drops Aussiedoodle United 1 07-14-2016 01:38 PM
UAL Council 11 Chairman on Delta TA Pilotfo64 Delta 21 07-08-2015 03:46 PM
DAL 11/12 Class Bobofighter Major 42 11-10-2007 09:46 PM
Info on the drops for Oct 1 and 15th class? WaterSkr Cargo 7 09-24-2007 05:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:01 AM.