Notices

DAL Class drops

Old 12-11-2019, 10:22 PM
  #3571  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 100
Default

I like the Canabus. It is easy to fly and has some really cool toys(great screens, electronic checklist etc). The cockpit is also MUCH nicer than the 737. I hope to have a sidestick for the rest of my career!!

Now, it is not in any way perfect. Itís twitchy and generates EICAS messages like crazy. Also, there are things that they just didnít take time to do right(VNAV descent, tray table, autothrottle, etc).

On the whole though, I like the jet.
FogSkier is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 03:51 AM
  #3572  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by C5Drvr View Post
Is the 220 QOL that much better than the 73 to justify the pay difference?
Not sure if they still do this but they used to give new hires access to deltanet a few weeks before class started. If they do, I'd suggest taking a look at the various bid packages to see what the trips look like on different fleets, and then look at the wide reports to see what kinds of lines junior pilots are getting. This will give you some idea how long it will take to get off reserve, hold weekends off, hold both-end commutable trips, etc.

Seniority progression will be faster on the 220 but the trips still don't have much variety (you'll be doing the same 9 or 10 overnights every trip). You have to decide what's more important to you.
RJ4LIFE is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 07:19 AM
  #3573  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 256
Default

Originally Posted by RJ4LIFE View Post
Not sure if they still do this but they used to give new hires access to deltanet a few weeks before class started. If they do, I'd suggest taking a look at the various bid packages to see what the trips look like on different fleets, and then look at the wide reports to see what kinds of lines junior pilots are getting. This will give you some idea how long it will take to get off reserve, hold weekends off, hold both-end commutable trips, etc.

Seniority progression will be faster on the 220 but the trips still don't have much variety (you'll be doing the same 9 or 10 overnights every trip). You have to decide what's more important to you.
For now, but overnights and qol will continue to increase when we have 90 plus aircraft vs 25
The Localizer is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 09:20 AM
  #3574  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default

Originally Posted by The Localizer View Post
For now, but overnights and qol will continue to increase when we have 90 plus aircraft vs 25
Yeah, thatís what I said when we started to grow the 321. The opposite has happened. Lol
PilotJ3 is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 09:34 AM
  #3575  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 764
Default

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
Yeah, thatís what I said when we started to grow the 321. The opposite has happened. Lol
320 is great if you like Austin/Boston/Florida!
Extenda is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 10:06 AM
  #3576  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default

Originally Posted by Extenda View Post
320 is great if you like Austin/Boston/Florida!
Agreed. Donít get me wrong the rotations are crappy the last 1.5yrs, but I rather be in the 320 than other plane. I think the issue was the lack of hiring in the 320. Hopefully that will change for the best.
PilotJ3 is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 10:23 AM
  #3577  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 2,637
Default

Originally Posted by The Localizer View Post
For now, but overnights and qol will continue to increase when we have 90 plus aircraft vs 25
Yeah, but we're not really taking delivery of the airplanes THAT quickly. How many more are coming next year? Around 15? It's a sloooow process.
m3113n1a1 is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:59 PM
  #3578  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 256
Default

Originally Posted by Extenda View Post
320 is great if you like Austin/Boston/Florida!
Thatís for now, but there are also west coast layovers that increase every month, plus when the neo comes the variety of flying will greatly increase. Initially only Hawaii but a lot of trans cons, carribean, Latin America, possibly Alaska. Possibly South America
Anything a 737-900 or 321 can do the neo can do 19 more passengers and 20 percent less fuel
It also burns less than a 757 we know it doesnít have the runway performance a 757 does but nothing does so might as well have something that can do everything else

Last edited by The Localizer; 12-12-2019 at 06:19 PM.
The Localizer is offline  
Old 12-12-2019, 08:06 PM
  #3579  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,733
Default

Originally Posted by The Localizer View Post
Thatís for now, but there are also west coast layovers that increase every month, plus when the neo comes the variety of flying will greatly increase. Initially only Hawaii but a lot of trans cons, carribean, Latin America, possibly Alaska. Possibly South America
Anything a 737-900 or 321 can do the neo can do 19 more passengers and 20 percent less fuel
It also burns less than a 757 we know it doesnít have the runway performance a 757 does but nothing does so might as well have something that can do everything else
If we are going to put 19 more seats in the NEO verses the current 321 thatís going to be one very uncomfortable aircraft.
sailingfun is offline  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:17 AM
  #3580  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy
Posts: 1,657
Default

Originally Posted by The Localizer View Post
For now, but overnights and qol will continue to increase when we have 90 plus aircraft vs 25
Unless it doesn't.

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
Yeah, thatís what I said when we started to grow the 321. The opposite has happened. Lol
BINGO

Originally Posted by Extenda View Post
320 is great if you like Austin/Boston/Florida!
I feel like there's a bad 'if you don't like the weather now then just wait until this afternoon' joke in here somewhere.
Han Solo is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Aussiedoodle
United
9
09-10-2021 01:54 PM
MCFlyer
American
6024
02-11-2020 09:21 AM
Pilotfo64
Delta
21
07-08-2015 03:46 PM
Bobofighter
Major
42
11-10-2007 09:46 PM
WaterSkr
Cargo
7
09-24-2007 05:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread