Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #1  
Contract 2021
Thread Starter
 
FDX1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 777 - Both
Posts: 288
Default Yes, ALPA speaks for me!

Itís easy, not at all complicated. A single, unified voice gives us the greatest chance of success in contract negotiations.

Why does ALPA speak for me? Because WE are ALPA. The elected reps carry the weight and desire of our voice. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fdx-alpa-podcast/

Please donít let the trolls undermine our resolve and our chances of obtaining an industry leading contract.

Do what Dave says: Stay Informed!


https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000512741670
FDX1 is offline  
Old 03-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Noworkallplay's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDX1 View Post
Itís easy, not at all complicated. A single, unified voice gives us the greatest chance of success in contract negotiations.

Why does ALPA speak for me? Because WE are ALPA. The elected reps carry the weight and desire of our voice. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fdx-alpa-podcast/

Please donít let the trolls undermine our resolve and our chances of obtaining an industry leading contract.

Do what Dave says: Stay Informed!


https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000512741670
Ding Ding Ding!!!!! Only two sides in this game of aviation. One is labor and one is management. Whether pilots like it or not we are labor. If you don't realize that one side will take whenever and wherever they can and one side upholds our pay and work rules, then you need some education on history. We can run around and complain and tear each other apart or we can get unified with one voice using the proper channels to achieve and industry leading contract. Its simple!
Noworkallplay is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #3  
Line Holder
 
BrianH's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2021
Posts: 59
Default

Agreed there are only two sides at the table. We are labor. ALPA has to speak for us, but what are they saying?

Do you want a NC chairman that says he won't embarrass himself at the table asking for too much? Or do you want a NC chairman that is willing to ask for all we deserve?

The MEC Chairman says stay informed, but is he actively helping to hold local council meetings, or actively working to against them?

The question you should be asking is not wether ALPA speaks for you, but rather, what are they saying and are the LISTENING. PSPP anyone?

It would be great to be able to confidently say my NC speaks for me. Yet "Trust but Verify" comes to mind. How have we done in the past without knowledge (lie flat seats anyone, new section 24)? It would sure be good to know before I am given yet another pin to wear.


All this said, I respect our current NC chairman. He is an honorable man, but I just don't think he is going to ask for what you are worth. So is the MEC is going to allow that to happen again? Time will tell.
BrianH is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 09:51 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
All this said, I respect our current NC chairman. He is an honorable man, but I just don't think he is going to ask for what you are worth. So is the MEC is going to allow that to happen again? Time will tell.
That right there friends is the major problem.

The NC chairman is a nice guy and a professional pilot but he is not a professional negotiator!
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 03:53 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Huck's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,139
Default

Well that didn't take long.

Ford and Harrison just headed to the pub for a celebratory round.....
Huck is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 04:14 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,458
Default

And we should be paying our version of Ford and Harrison.
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 05:21 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FXLAX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Agreed there are only two sides at the table. We are labor. ALPA has to speak for us, but what are they saying?

Do you want a NC chairman that says he won't embarrass himself at the table asking for too much? Or do you want a NC chairman that is willing to ask for all we deserve?

The MEC Chairman says stay informed, but is he actively helping to hold local council meetings, or actively working to against them?

The question you should be asking is not wether ALPA speaks for you, but rather, what are they saying and are the LISTENING. PSPP anyone?

It would be great to be able to confidently say my NC speaks for me. Yet "Trust but Verify" comes to mind. How have we done in the past without knowledge (lie flat seats anyone, new section 24)? It would sure be good to know before I am given yet another pin to wear.


All this said, I respect our current NC chairman. He is an honorable man, but I just don't think he is going to ask for what you are worth. So is the MEC is going to allow that to happen again? Time will tell.

The NC chairman doesnít get to decide what to ask for. The MEC does. And theyíve said they are going to ask for, ďIndustry leading contract that meets our membersí focused priorities of enhanced retirement benefits and pay rates with targeted quality of life improvements.Ē

Weíve done the surveys and talked to our reps specifying what we want to see in the contract. What else are you suggesting we do?
FXLAX is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 06:36 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
DR K's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
ďIndustry leading contract that meets our membersí focused priorities of enhanced retirement benefits and pay rates with targeted quality of life improvements.Ē
Pass the I canít believe itís not butter spray and great value syrup please. Yum.
DR K is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 07:06 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Noworkallplay's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR K View Post
Pass the I canít believe itís not butter spray and great value syrup please. Yum.

And if thats what the majority decides on when we get a contract then you get to take your toys and go home. So stop acting like only your opinion or ideas matter.
Noworkallplay is offline  
Old 03-18-2021, 02:38 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
flextodaline's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: moving target
Posts: 385
Default

As we say in MEM, ďI gots to axe.......Ē, why do we still have pilots negotiating instead of seasoned, professional, labor relations attorneys? It always reminds me of the doctor that flies the V-tail Bonanza....ĒBecause Iím a doctor, Iím smart enough to fly......Ē. ďBecause Iím a pilot, I know how to negotiate........Ē. This has never made sense to me.
flextodaline is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Settlement Agreement Reached with ALPA Shortfall2105 FedEx 5 08-01-2017 06:56 AM
ALPA DarinFred American 126 03-17-2016 02:20 PM
Another ALPA DFR lawsuit is filed. CRJAV8OR Major 36 03-27-2012 11:06 AM
Jetblue close to alpa vote superduck Union Talk 420 06-20-2011 10:00 PM
ALPA and Pseudo-Science on FTDT PEACH Union Talk 8 03-30-2010 08:40 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:01 AM.