Notices

Hiring / training

Old 02-13-2023, 03:12 PM
  #3661  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,666
Default

Originally Posted by Screen Toucher
Best part is she was hired after that group, yet claims she wasn’t as if it makes any difference.
I got an original approved striped tie in 2017 and she was hired before me so "that group" isn't that senior.
Xdashdriver is offline  
Old 02-13-2023, 09:26 PM
  #3662  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 491
Default

Originally Posted by 160to4
Aren’t they the standard Telex 750s?
Yes. The ship set headset is a Telex 750. Nothing wrong with that headset. I’m pretty sure the other guy was referring to the unsanitary nature of shared headsets when he said they’re nasty.
OpenClimb is offline  
Old 02-13-2023, 10:01 PM
  #3663  
Gets Weekends Off
 
madmax757's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: seated - facing forward
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by OpenClimb
Yes. The ship set headset is a Telex 750. Nothing wrong with that headset. I’m pretty sure the other guy was referring to the unsanitary nature of shared headsets when he said they’re nasty.
I buy mic muffs off Amazon and replace them every time I work. I also clean the ear foam and boom with a cleaning wipe.
madmax757 is offline  
Old 02-14-2023, 06:17 AM
  #3664  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo665's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...
Posts: 3,163
Default

What’s the junior base these days and how long to hold TPA or MCO?
upgrade time assuming already meeting 121.436
Cujo665 is offline  
Old 02-14-2023, 08:06 AM
  #3665  
Almost there
 
Joined APC: Apr 2021
Posts: 1,174
Default

Originally Posted by Cujo665
What’s the junior base these days and how long to hold TPA or MCO?
upgrade time assuming already meeting 121.436
FFTpilots.com

No. We have standards that need to be upheld unlike the legacies! Jk. We just aren’t anywhere near that yet.
Stayontarget is offline  
Old 02-14-2023, 03:08 PM
  #3666  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 75
Default

Originally Posted by Cujo665
What’s the junior base these days and how long to hold TPA or MCO?
upgrade time assuming already meeting 121.436
TPA seems to be the most senior base behind DEN/DFW right now. But they’re still building DFW up. August hired are just now holding TPA. MCO is much more junior, should hold it a few months after class.
nochopforboxes is offline  
Old 02-14-2023, 08:37 PM
  #3667  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2023
Posts: 64
Default

Update for RTP program pilots: We will be coming out of ATP Jets with a 320 Type and an ATP certificate. They just made us fill out our IACRA.
UpwardInflow is offline  
Old 02-15-2023, 07:33 AM
  #3668  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by UpwardInflow
Update for RTP program pilots: We will be coming out of ATP Jets with a 320 Type and an ATP certificate. They just made us fill out our IACRA.
what’s the process looking like right now for the RTP program?

1. Is ATP jets in Dallas the only option?
2. Are pilots getting ATP/ CTP as well as the “jet transition course” there?
3. How long is the program?
4. Are pilots paid while there? Or not until ground school?
5. how far out are they booked? Does frontier schedule your training dates there air do you do it on your own?
AVIATORUSMC is offline  
Old 02-15-2023, 03:53 PM
  #3669  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Sep 2022
Posts: 20
Default

I see frontier recruiting page updated AOPA Fly-ins.
it says you can get interview in the event, but there won't be any chief, correct?
cxroyioiebjymw is offline  
Old 02-15-2023, 06:49 PM
  #3670  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2023
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by AVIATORUSMC
what’s the process looking like right now for the RTP program?

1. Is ATP jets in Dallas the only option?
2. Are pilots getting ATP/ CTP as well as the “jet transition course” there?
3. How long is the program?
4. Are pilots paid while there? Or not until ground school?
5. how far out are they booked? Does frontier schedule your training dates there air do you do it on your own?
1. Frontier has a contract with ATP Jets in Dallas. If you need it, Frontier puts you through ATPCTP, A320/ATP, and F9 Direct (AKA Jet Transition) at ATP in rapid succession.
2. I answered it in question 1.
3. 8 days for ATPCTP, 7 days for A320/ATP, 4 days for F9 direct.
4. Not paid until day one of indoc. They do cover the hotel. The other $15K comes out of your bonus. It is $15K for all items listed in answer 1, $11K for the A320/ATP & F9 Direct.
5. You contact F9 pilot recruiting when you are 45 days from completing all of your FW training stuff up to AMEL Commercial. They schedule everything else for you. I can't answer your question about backlog, but I don't think there is one.

I hope that I helped answer your questions.
UpwardInflow is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PaulG
Hawaiian
4
10-19-2017 04:24 PM
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 02:24 PM
BTDTB4
Major
29
02-14-2012 12:27 PM
JungleBus
Major
121
12-20-2008 04:13 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices