Notices

Hiring / training

Old 08-14-2023, 09:21 PM
  #4161  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 43
Default

I was looking to purchase some comfortable dress shoes for my 3-4 weeks in Dallas. I was hoping to one day use them on the line as well, but I was not sure about the uniform policy regarding shoes. Any suggestions?

Thank you all
Im your PAPI is offline  
Old 08-14-2023, 11:35 PM
  #4162  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 3,424
Default

Originally Posted by Im your PAPI
I was looking to purchase some comfortable dress shoes for my 3-4 weeks in Dallas. I was hoping to one day use them on the line as well, but I was not sure about the uniform policy regarding shoes. Any suggestions?

Thank you all
Black. Look for shoes that don't have any metal in them. People wear everything from cowboy boots to Sketches
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 08-15-2023, 04:37 AM
  #4163  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Aero1900
Black. Look for shoes that don't have any metal in them. People wear everything from cowboy boots to Sketches
Thank you, I’ve heard good things about Ariat, Amberjack, and Cole Haan. Might pick up one of those
Im your PAPI is offline  
Old 08-15-2023, 04:55 AM
  #4164  
P/T Gear Slinger
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Airbus
Posts: 824
Default

Originally Posted by Im your PAPI
I was looking to purchase some comfortable dress shoes for my 3-4 weeks in Dallas. I was hoping to one day use them on the line as well, but I was not sure about the uniform policy regarding shoes. Any suggestions?

Thank you all
Nunn Bush 84737-001

Cheap, slip-on, comfortable. DSW or other self service stores.
emersonbiguns is offline  
Old 08-15-2023, 10:45 AM
  #4165  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by Im your PAPI
I was looking to purchase some comfortable dress shoes for my 3-4 weeks in Dallas. I was hoping to one day use them on the line as well, but I was not sure about the uniform policy regarding shoes. Any suggestions?

Thank you all
Spend some money and buy yourself a good pair. I’ve bought cheaper shoes/boots in the past and they never seem to last longer than 9-12 months. I spent more on my current pair of boots and they’re still in great condition after a few years. I would have saved money “splurging” and paying for higher quality from the beginning. Shoe shine in DIA or SJU every few months and the boots still look new.
PFranz is offline  
Old 08-15-2023, 11:38 AM
  #4166  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: ce560
Posts: 231
Default

Originally Posted by PFranz
Spend some money and buy yourself a good pair. I’ve bought cheaper shoes/boots in the past and they never seem to last longer than 9-12 months. I spent more on my current pair of boots and they’re still in great condition after a few years. I would have saved money “splurging” and paying for higher quality from the beginning. Shoe shine in DIA or SJU every few months and the boots still look new.
agree with this.. I got some Ecco’s.
4 years old now and just now looking to replace them. As the previous poster, said I did take care of them and had them polished every few months.
singlepilot is offline  
Old 08-17-2023, 06:56 AM
  #4167  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Underpaid, LCC
Posts: 273
Default

Originally Posted by singlepilot
agree with this.. I got some Ecco’s.
4 years old now and just now looking to replace them. As the previous poster, said I did take care of them and had them polished every few months.
I also have some ECCO slip ons. They have been great and have lasted about four years as well. I am about to buy another pair.
Nacho Libre is offline  
Old 08-17-2023, 08:28 AM
  #4168  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 651
Default

I recommend a shoe/boot that goes over your ankles. Great for puddles and snow. My 2 cents.
JoeFever1 is offline  
Old 08-17-2023, 08:58 AM
  #4169  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 3,424
Default

Originally Posted by JoeFever1
I recommend a shoe/boot that goes over your ankles. Great for puddles and snow. My 2 cents.
Sounds like something an FO would say
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 08-17-2023, 12:02 PM
  #4170  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: Joystick Operator
Posts: 833
Default

Originally Posted by Aero1900
Sounds like something an FO would say
We cant all live in the silver palace while the FOs are hard at work slaving away with the box and the pre flight/post flight
spooldup is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PaulG
Hawaiian
4
10-19-2017 04:24 PM
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 02:24 PM
BTDTB4
Major
29
02-14-2012 12:27 PM
JungleBus
Major
121
12-20-2008 04:13 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices