Notices

Hiring / training

Old 11-06-2019, 10:05 AM
  #761  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: CL-604 PIC
Posts: 56
Default

Originally Posted by Aero1900
Someone should try to calculate master seniority list comparison for someone hired today at Frontier vs Delta over the next decade.

Based on our more than double growth but few retirement and delta retirements but little growth.

And then everyone could chime and and criticize your math. Any takers?
This is exactly what I am wanting to know. For me personally, I am more concerned about having a good quality of life then making money. It seems to me that if I were to choose Frontier over going to a legacy, even with the retirements, I'd hold a better schedule way faster and for longer then I would ever at a major. The legacy carriers have already hired thousands of pilots each over the past 5 years or so. Anyone hired from this point on will eventually stagnate somewhere around 50-60 percent and be lucky to retire in the top 30 percent. In my estimation. If you are hired between now and this time next year here, you would be top 50 in less then 5 years? Retire in top 20 assuming the pilot group doubles in size.

Anyone have a different opinion?
too low gear is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 06:12 PM
  #762  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 453
Default

Originally Posted by too low gear
This is exactly what I am wanting to know. For me personally, I am more concerned about having a good quality of life then making money. It seems to me that if I were to choose Frontier over going to a legacy, even with the retirements, I'd hold a better schedule way faster and for longer then I would ever at a major. The legacy carriers have already hired thousands of pilots each over the past 5 years or so. Anyone hired from this point on will eventually stagnate somewhere around 50-60 percent and be lucky to retire in the top 30 percent. In my estimation. If you are hired between now and this time next year here, you would be top 50 in less then 5 years? Retire in top 20 assuming the pilot group doubles in size.

Anyone have a different opinion?
I think this is grossly oversimplified. Nobody can agree with this, or necessarily disagree with it. There are too many variables, not just with the different airlines and their futures, but with your age and where you want to live. The money you don't care about making can directly impact your QOL. More of it, less you have to leave your car parked at the employee lot. Benefits matter a lot, Retirement matters a lot. Being higher in relative seniority at F9 flying narrow bodies on 2.5 hour legs may not compare to all the choices you'll have on different aircraft doing different kinds of flying at a Legacy. You might be better off here in the long run, but you cannot know that now.

Last edited by Wheelswatch; 11-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Wheelswatch is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 09:00 AM
  #763  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Part 91
Posts: 119
Default

Does anyone know if the training footprint has changed yet? There were rumors of new hires going home during training to complete CBTs.
drivinghome is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 09:01 AM
  #764  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 3,444
Default

Originally Posted by drivinghome
Does anyone know if the training footprint has changed yet? There were rumors of new hires going home during training to complete CBTs.
Not yet. But soon
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 04:15 PM
  #765  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Part 91
Posts: 119
Default

Originally Posted by Aero1900
Not yet. But soon
Thanks. A couple weeks at home will certainly save a few dollars.
drivinghome is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 05:48 PM
  #766  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 3,444
Default

Sounds like they are about to change the entire training footprint.

Mixing up FTDs and SIMs, more CBTs, etc. I'm not promising that there will be study at home, but that's what they made it sound like
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 02:17 PM
  #767  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 608
Default

Assuming Frontier grows to its projected 210 airplanes, how many pilots would the company have on property ( i.e. how many pilots per plane)?
Voski is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 04:23 PM
  #768  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 268
Default

Originally Posted by Voski
Assuming Frontier grows to its projected 210 airplanes, how many pilots would the company have on property ( i.e. how many pilots per plane)?
3400ish is a good guess. Training sounds like 48 a month starting in December going forward for the next 5-6 months.
HeisenbergBlue is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 05:14 PM
  #769  
Gets Weekends Off
 
madmax757's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: seated - facing forward
Posts: 1,035
Default

Originally Posted by HeisenbergBlue
3400ish is a good guess. Training sounds like 48 a month starting in December going forward for the next 5-6 months.
Any idea if they will continue the upgrades ?
madmax757 is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 05:18 PM
  #770  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 514
Default

Originally Posted by madmax757
Any idea if they will continue the upgrades ?
One would think.
RustyChain is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PaulG
Hawaiian
4
10-19-2017 04:24 PM
Lbell911
Regional
34
03-13-2016 04:38 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 02:24 PM
BTDTB4
Major
29
02-14-2012 12:27 PM
JungleBus
Major
121
12-20-2008 04:13 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices