Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
sulkair

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #3001  
On Reserve
 
MongoLikePlanes's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: 737
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafest320 View Post
HR has no knowledge of this. HR says hiring will continue at the current pace for the foreseeable future. The pilot numbers I heard about were an additional 100 to 150 through this year and 400 to 500 next year. Totaling around 1500 to 1600 on the list at the end of 2016. Numerically that would call for slightly larger class sizes than current ones but there is an additional sim on the way so we don't where the training rate will ultimately stabilize. A new hire class starting every two weeks instead of one per month could change things dramatically although that is pure speculation

I also heard about the supposed slow down. The slow down talk has been coming out of departments other than HR.

I figure HR are the people most in the know when it comes to hiring. I don't see any reason for lying about the numbers on their part. We can't wait for the planes to arrive to hire pilots to fly them so an increase in the ranks before new metal arrives on property makes sense from a logistical standpoint.
I've heard heard rumors of a slowdown as well, but I agree with Seafest. I think all the talk is from outside of HR. A few of us have been speculating on the future class sizes due to the additional sim. I pointedly asked if it might increase the size to 30 or more per month, put the training dept seemed to have the understanding that the new sim is not for growing class sizes, but to cut training costs in line with the business model. Each sim outside of the company costs $$. But I also think that company's plan might change when the fleet grows in the near future. Things seem to be changing on a weekly basis now.
MongoLikePlanes is offline  
Old 07-06-2015, 06:01 PM   #3002  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Prone Supported
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongoLikePlanes View Post
I've heard heard rumors of a slowdown as well, but I agree with Seafest. I think all the talk is from outside of HR. A few of us have been speculating on the future class sizes due to the additional sim. I pointedly asked if it might increase the size to 30 or more per month, put the training dept seemed to have the understanding that the new sim is not for growing class sizes, but to cut training costs in line with the business model. Each sim outside of the company costs $$. But I also think that company's plan might change when the fleet grows in the near future. Things seem to be changing on a weekly basis now.
In class I was told that demand for new hires may be slightly reduced early in 2016, but that class sizes will need to increase drastically for summer 2016. So they (the instructors) are trying to convince hiring to allow them to keep moderate class sizes consistently to avoid a jam next year.
Arty13 is offline  
Old 07-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #3003  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 1,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty13 View Post
In class I was told that demand for new hires may be slightly reduced early in 2016, but that class sizes will need to increase drastically for summer 2016. So they (the instructors) are trying to convince hiring to allow them to keep moderate class sizes consistently to avoid a jam next year.
That makes about as much sense as anything I've heard. I am fairly certain we only have a net gain of 4 airplanes next year, but a continuation of increased utilization requiring more crews.

With 101 airplanes on order, I don't think anyone needs to worry about frontier stopping new hire classes. Perhaps a slow down, but the long term still looks good.
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 07-06-2015, 10:08 PM   #3004  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
Default Not attacking anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycrj200 View Post
I'm sure the information HR has is more accurate than what I got. I friend was told by a SIM instructor that hiring will slow down for a couple of months. It's probably not true.
I didn't mean for my post to sound like an attack on anyone's info. I read it again and I realized it could have been interpreted that way. Sorry if I offended anyone.

My good friend had our HR head on a flight a couple days ago. After the FAs were done attacking her over schedules and other issues (which she has zero influence or input on) he had a decently long conversation with her and she relayed that info and those approximate numbers. They are the big picture thoughts and hiring goals currently. Actual mileage may vary.

Ultimately it's gonna come down to numbers and making the best business decisions they can. Time will tell if circumstances call for a change in hiring numbers but for now that's what I've heard.
Seafest320 is offline  
Old 07-07-2015, 05:09 AM   #3005  
Gets Weekends Off
 
flycrj200's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: A320 FO
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafest320 View Post
I didn't mean for my post to sound like an attack on anyone's info. I read it again and I realized it could have been interpreted that way. Sorry if I offended anyone.

My good friend had our HR head on a flight a couple days ago. After the FAs were done attacking her over schedules and other issues (which she has zero influence or input on) he had a decently long conversation with her and she relayed that info and those approximate numbers. They are the big picture thoughts and hiring goals currently. Actual mileage may vary.

Ultimately it's gonna come down to numbers and making the best business decisions they can. Time will tell if circumstances call for a change in hiring numbers but for now that's what I've heard.
No offense taken, your post is very informative. I think hiring numbers are fluid and always changing. Any information that is accurate today will be different tomorrow. Thanks for the information
flycrj200 is offline  
Old 07-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #3006  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CRJ CA
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet28 View Post
Does anyone have an extra take-a-number ticket for Frontier at the July AeroCrew Solutions job fair? Asking for a friend who is in need of one. Thanks!
I do and I am unable to attend. PM me
Mustangdrvr is offline  
Old 07-07-2015, 08:12 AM   #3007  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,458
Default

This is one sugary drink flavor I'll drink freely

...We are a Western brand, so I suspect you'll see a lot more growth out west," Biffle said.

Complaints against Frontier Airlines are down, on-time flights are up - The Denver Post
sulkair is offline  
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #3008  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 1,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
This is one sugary drink flavor I'll drink freely

...We are a Western brand, so I suspect you'll see a lot more growth out west," Biffle said.

[/url]
Funny, that caught my eye too.

Anyhow, good financial performance. 14% operating profit.
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 07-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #3009  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 3
Default

I have a ticket for the July AeroCrew Solutions job fair if anyone wants it send me a PM.
Willys is offline  
Old 07-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #3010  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Prone Supported
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
This is one sugary drink flavor I'll drink freely

...We are a Western brand, so I suspect you'll see a lot more growth out west," Biffle said.

Complaints against Frontier Airlines are down, on-time flights are up - The Denver Post
Yes, yes, and yes.
Arty13 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frontier to do contract "fixed-fee" flying Bucking Bar Frontier 15 07-24-2011 07:07 PM
Combined 2011 Hiring Info lolwut Major 24 12-01-2010 03:21 AM
Frontier acquisition? Denver Post article 4 Fan Trashcan Mergers and Acquisitions 7 01-28-2009 09:27 AM
Alaska Airlines Welcomes Frontier Alaska As New Partner Ak Pilot Major 7 07-10-2008 09:30 AM
Frontier hiring update Freight Dog Hiring News 3 09-29-2005 04:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:37 PM.