Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 01-13-2016, 02:27 PM
  #7511  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Busboy
Posts: 4,061
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
I hope he meets the same fate as that Tim Something guy. You know.....the Eagle pilot that lied about his prior military experience. What was his name again?
Why? Do you think these are equitable infractions?

Guy "A" lied. And not just lied, but committed an act of stolen valor, something seriously frowned upon in this country.

Guy "B" made a fool of himself in public. He didn't break any overt safety rules like videoing while flying etc, he just made us look bad. It was pretty embarrassing.

I think being pulled off the line and told to straighten up is more than enough.
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 03:19 PM
  #7512  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 4,425
Default

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Why? Do you think these are equitable infractions?

Guy "A" lied. And not just lied, but committed an act of stolen valor, something seriously frowned upon in this country.

Guy "B" made a fool of himself in public. He didn't break any overt safety rules like videoing while flying etc, he just made us look bad. It was pretty embarrassing.

I think being pulled off the line and told to straighten up is more than enough.
It's hardly enough, but no point in arguing about it. The sad part is that I doubt this tool will ever get his act together and he'll just go about continuing to embarrass our profession.
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 03:25 PM
  #7513  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,406
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
I hope he meets the same fate as that Tim Something guy. You know.....the Eagle pilot that lied about his prior military experience. What was his name again?

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Why? Do you think these are equitable infractions?

Guy "A" lied. And not just lied, but committed an act of stolen valor, something seriously frowned upon in this country.

Guy "B" made a fool of himself in public. He didn't break any overt safety rules like videoing while flying etc, he just made us look bad. It was pretty embarrassing.

I think being pulled off the line and told to straighten up is more than enough.
Agreed. There is no comparison between the two guys in what they did.
450knotOffice is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 03:26 PM
  #7514  
Junior Senior
 
LNL76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa
Posts: 2,824
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
It's hardly enough, but no point in arguing about it. The sad part is that I doubt this tool will ever get his act together and he'll just go about continuing to embarrass our profession.
Being publicly embarrassed and probably blowing ANY chance of moving up from a regional is punishment enough, IMHO.
LNL76 is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 03:27 PM
  #7515  
Looking for a laugh
 
Justdoinmyjob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,099
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
I hope he meets the same fate as that Tim Something guy. You know.....the Eagle pilot that lied about his prior military experience. What was his name again?
Tim Martins.
Justdoinmyjob is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 04:17 PM
  #7516  
Gets Weekends Off
 
beverage's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Posts: 124
Default

How dare you?!

Tim is alpa.
beverage is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 04:29 PM
  #7517  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 285
Default

Originally Posted by Justdoinmyjob View Post
Tim Martins.
Buddy told me that Timmy got hired at RAH.
A320ULCC is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 06:31 PM
  #7518  
Gets Weekends Off
 
labbats's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A320
Posts: 1,346
Default

Using a flashlight to do a daytime walkaround was enough to make me worry about him.
labbats is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 08:08 PM
  #7519  
Stuck Mic
 
Firsttimeflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,056
Default

I just don't get that size of flashlight, we have far superior, while cheap, like a few bucks cheap...aka...pilot style. One AA and you are set for 6 months!!!

Then again I don't understand being a wanna be pilot, while being a doctor on a pilot forum, bashing our programs when you can only afford a 182. I flew for a neurosurgeon and he could afford a king air plus a bunch....must be a sorry cardio doc I guess....
Firsttimeflyer is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 05:40 AM
  #7520  
Otto
 
MikeF16's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver
Posts: 1,608
Default

Originally Posted by labbats View Post
Using a flashlight to do a daytime walkaround was enough to make me worry about him.
What about the reflective vest?
MikeF16 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread