Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 01-14-2016, 11:40 AM
  #7541  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated
Posts: 4,225
Default

Originally Posted by mike734 View Post
Stolen Valor act was overturned in 2012 by the SCOTUS. A new law prohibiting one from profiting from wearing unearned medals was signed into law by Obama in 2013. Or so the internets leads me to believe.

Federal appeals court rules wearing unearned military medals is free speech.
Okay... Doesn't change my statement.
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 11:41 AM
  #7542  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 5,220
Default

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
He's correct. Eurotrashland is a proper term when it comes to the vests.

One fine morning on a ETL ramp. 3 pilots, only one vest wearer, were accosted within 30 seconds of taking several small steps for man onto the aircraft footprint. The excitement of catching the colonials flagrantly violating the socialist order was thick in the air.

The objections continued even when it was professionally explained that we were only on the ramp to pay respects to a fellow Captain who passed away on a layover as his remains were coming off a open truck into the forward cargo

With no common sense forthcoming in the conversation, a good 'Neww Yawk' response was tendered that sent the little socialist 'Hand of the King' off for reinforcements.

We departed for the colonies before the bureaucracy could react or somebody talked some sense into the idiot.
Beautiful. Well done Yankee!!!
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 11:51 AM
  #7543  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 5,220
Default

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
You're right, and I hate that I did. Yet the axiom "you get what you pay for" persists.
WRT to many things in life you're right. You get what you pay for, but not in this case. We ALL have to come up through the ranks and pay our dues one way or another. I'd like to think that how you are compensated as an airline pilot does not effect your common sense regarding how you should act in front of the general public.

If this guy pulled his embarrassing stand-up PAs while I was JSing/non-revving in the back, I'd be grabbing my bags and making sure pax heard me tell him that he's an embarrassment to our profession on my way off the aircraft. I think he needs a little shock therapy to maybe, just maybe realize how he comes across to the general public.
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 11:59 AM
  #7544  
Gets Weekends Off
 
trip's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,100
Default

Tool>>

Dallas Pilot Tried to Smuggle in Nearly $200,000 in Cash: Prosecutors | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
trip is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 12:00 PM
  #7545  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated
Posts: 4,225
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
I'd like to think that how you are compensated as an airline pilot does not effect your common sense regarding how you should act in front of the general public.
No, but the pay offered will keep people with common sense away. It doesn't take much common sense to think, "I have $120,000 in loans, GoJet offers abysmal pay rates and has a horrific contract, I should't go there."
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 12:01 PM
  #7546  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated
Posts: 4,225
Default

Alright! A new classic tool! Moving on.
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 12:23 PM
  #7547  
New boss = Old boss
 
mike734's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Ca B737
Posts: 2,762
Default

It's not illegal to transport any amount of cash in or out of the country. You just have to declare it. I suppose you should have a plausible story to go along with the 200,000 as well.
mike734 is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 12:26 PM
  #7548  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 5,220
Default

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
No, but the pay offered will keep people with common sense away. It doesn't take much common sense to think, "I have $120,000 in loans, GoJet offers abysmal pay rates and has a horrific contract, I should't go there."
I guess we can at least agree that he had/has absolutely no common sense.
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 01:00 PM
  #7549  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated
Posts: 4,225
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
I guess we can at least agree that he had/has absolutely no common sense.

We absolutely have common ground there!
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 01:20 PM
  #7550  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,459
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
WRT to many things in life you're right. You get what you pay for, but not in this case. We ALL have to come up through the ranks and pay our dues one way or another. I'd like to think that how you are compensated as an airline pilot does not effect your common sense regarding how you should act in front of the general public.

If this guy pulled his embarrassing stand-up PAs while I was JSing/non-revving in the back, I'd be grabbing my bags and making sure pax heard me tell him that he's an embarrassment to our profession on my way off the aircraft. I think he needs a little shock therapy to maybe, just maybe realize how he comes across to the general public.
Yeah, I concede.
sulkair is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 10:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 08:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 09:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 09:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 11:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread