Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 01-14-2016, 04:02 PM
  #7551  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,130
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post


Sorry. Not taking the bait.
Your ATP should be stripped for your APC statements regarding the SWA/AT SLI.

Pathetic.
cencal83406 is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 04:16 PM
  #7552  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 4,273
Default

Originally Posted by cencal83406 View Post
Your ATP should be stripped for your APC statements regarding the SWA/AT SLI.

Pathetic.
Lmfao. Love you too baby
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 04:35 PM
  #7553  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,130
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Lmfao. Love you too baby

You're tough and have a good sense of humor about it. Impressive.

Hope everything works out for you, for real.
cencal83406 is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 PM
  #7554  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cardiomd's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather
Posts: 971
Default

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post
lol....this guy just trolled all of you so hard. He wins a golden globe for "best troll"
Thanks. I thought my last comment was obvious over the top, but still true. "Bubba" is one for ages though, I still couldn't make it through the second "response" again packed with illogic. In honesty I agree with him about most of the statements he makes, but he still does not seem to understand why guns in the cockpit are a bad idea even if "only possessed" by competent (at the time) people.

Thankfully he is clearly not a decision-maker in this regard, although as a few have said the lobby does have obvious influence on those who do make the rules.

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Well, first off, "quacks" only generally refers to psychiatrists, not all MD/DO's. That said, start here Student Doctor Network
It's a lot more than a student forum. Be sure to come up with a good screen name; perhaps BoeingPilot or something else very, very obvious.

Best of luck!
Perhaps you're thinking of "shrink" - that is psychs, but "quacks" is usually incompetent doctors of any sort?

Actually MDs would welcome any perspective a career pilot could give about logistics and operations as it may relate to our field, and I'm friends with many career pilots in real life. You'd be very welcome at medical bulletin boards.

EMTs, nurses, and practitioners may offer very appreciated input too. I talk and work with them all the time and consider them valuable partners in medical care.

Note that most of the thin-skinned idiotic flamers are not actually "airline pilots". The mature ones like captainjns, N93., Packrat, captain carl, Potato, et. al. can actually have a conversation, debate, or discussion. Smarter, probably older, and more secure. Kudos!

Originally Posted by Dolphinflyer View Post
Back to Tool time
Yes.

Here is today's tool nomination from me, found when searching for the removed video. Could anybody please describe the deleted one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGsxjC6I-4E
cardiomd is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 PM
  #7555  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TexanDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Posts: 322
Default


I bet that can pay for a lot of hookers n' blow!
TexanDriver is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 05:05 PM
  #7556  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,250
Default

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Note that most of the thin-skinned idiotic flamers are not actually "airline pilots". The mature ones like captainjns, N93., Packrat, captain carl, Potato, et. al. can actually have a conversation, debate, or discussion. Smarter, probably older, and more secure. Kudos!
Or as a female 767 Capt. pal of mine said, "...guys who have nothing to prove."

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Here is today's tool nomination from me, found when searching for the removed video. Could anybody please describe the deleted one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGsxjC6I-4E
Perfect evidence of my theory: If you're over 16 and still using a skateboard, you're a loser (unless you're getting paid for riding it!).
Packrat is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 05:39 PM
  #7557  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Busboy
Posts: 4,006
Default

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post

Perhaps you're thinking of "shrink" - that is psychs, but "quacks" is usually incompetent doctors of any sort?

Actually MDs would welcome any perspective a career pilot could give about logistics and operations as it may relate to our field, and I'm friends with many career pilots in real life. You'd be very welcome at medical bulletin boards.

EMTs, nurses, and practitioners may offer very appreciated input too. I talk and work with them all the time and consider them valuable partners in medical care.

Note that most of the thin-skinned idiotic flamers are not actually "airline pilots". The mature ones like captainjns, N93., Packrat, captain carl, Potato, et. al. can actually have a conversation, debate, or discussion. Smarter, probably older, and more secure. Kudos!
I think you may be correct. It seems the term stems from the plague and the masks worn by the doctors of the time; at least that's what I read on the internets.

I'll certainly take the compliment, however I'm not sure I qualify for any of the three adjectives used. I have a decent grasp of the English language, have passed from bachelorhood into family man, and am secure insofar as I'll wear a salmon colored shirt, but that's about it.
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 05:44 PM
  #7558  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: B737 CA
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post

....but [Bubba] still does not seem to understand why guns in the cockpit are a bad idea even if "only possessed" by competent (at the time) people.
Well, you're absolutely right about one thing: I don't understand why "guns in the cockpit are a bad idea..."

So perhaps you could explain it to us. In fact, please explain it to us. This is the third time I've asked you to explain your point of view, and yet you still refuse. Why is that? Why won't you tell us why it's a bad idea? Clue the rest of us in, since you profess to have all the answers in this regard.

Is it because you have nothing on which to base it on? No facts, no studies, no statistics, no evidence of any sort? No actual reason....just your personal, unreasoned and uninformed prejudice.

Explain to us why that's not true. Tell us your reasons, facts, etc.

Thankfully he is clearly not a decision-maker in this regard, although as a few have said the lobby does have obvious influence on those who do make the rules.
You're correct; I'm not a politician, so I don't make such decisions, any more than you do ("thankfully"). But do you know who does, and do you know who in Congress supported and defended the FFDO program? A large and truly bi-partisan majority in both houses, that's who. And when the TSA initially dragged their feet because they were afraid of losing bureaucratic "turf," do you know who co-sponsored an additional bill to hold the TSA's feet to the fire, and force then to train and arm more pilots, and to do so faster? Barbara Boxer, that's who. One of the most liberal (and generally anti-gun) senators to ever represent the state of California. She said:
"When we wrote the original armed pilots program, our intent was to create a last line of defense in the case of a terrorist attack. But TSA has slow-walked the program from day one, denying thousands of pilots their right to be trained in this program and denying the American people the additional security they deserve."(emphasis added)
Yeah, I know. Barbara Boxer. Blew my mind too.

Looks like the people who do make the decisions overwhelming disagree with you, Doc. Again, please tell us why we're wrong, and how you know better.

Please.

Bubba
SWA Bubba is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 08:31 PM
  #7559  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,250
Default

Let's just say the FFDO program has been equally successful in preventing hijacking as it has preventing elephant stampedes.

So, yeah, it works.

Of course there is at least one airplane with a hole in its cockpit thanks to our brave FFDOs.

And since all of the incidents since 9/11 have originated overseas, you'll have to explain how the FFDO program is preventing those.
Packrat is offline  
Old 01-14-2016, 09:37 PM
  #7560  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Rolf's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2010
Posts: 639
Default

I think the good doctors point is: if the pilot is unstable, it's not safe for him to have a gun. Without a gun, there would be no way to create mayhem.
Or maybe he is referring to the veritable Maignot line our TSA friends have built to make us safe? Now that it's complete, guns are superfluous?
I think we should have the doctor have the last word, again.
Rolf is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread