Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 11-21-2015, 02:01 PM
  #7011  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,716
Default

Curious as what constitutes a bad jumpseat experience vs good. Thx
iceman49 is offline  
Old 11-21-2015, 02:22 PM
  #7012  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: DHC-8 100/300
Posts: 843
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
All the UAL Captains I've ever dealt with for the jumpseat not only treated me great, but asked the F/A to move me to 1st class if it was available. Perhaps the common denominator isn't UAL...
Ditto. Every time, all over the country. Great to JS'ers.
PDTpilotXX is offline  
Old 11-21-2015, 02:53 PM
  #7013  
You scratched my anchor
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,878
Default

Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
Never been treated worse on a Jumpseat or when trying to get a jumpseat than I have by United guys.
No way. All the United guys/gals have been cool as sh!t to me.
Al Czervik is offline  
Old 11-22-2015, 06:46 AM
  #7014  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO
Posts: 2,184
Default

Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
Curious as what constitutes a bad jumpseat experience vs good. Thx
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
No way. All the United guys/gals have been cool as sh!t to me.
If you were a UAX pilot flying a "furlough jet", then you were lower than garbage to them, even though said regional kid amateur pilot didn't hold the gun to their head and made them sign the contract that gave away scope.

My personal favorite was getting threatened my a mainline United pilot in the middle of the F Concourse as he tried to snake me out of my rightful jumpseat.
EMBFlyer is offline  
Old 11-22-2015, 07:02 AM
  #7015  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 155
Default

Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
If you were a UAX pilot flying a "furlough jet", then you were lower than garbage to them, even though said regional kid amateur pilot didn't hold the gun to their head and made them sign the contract that gave away scope.

My personal favorite was getting threatened my a mainline United pilot in the middle of the F Concourse as he tried to snake me out of my rightful jumpseat.
You mean the UAX RAH ERJ-170 dudes that would show up asking for the UAL jumpseat with the "Guppy Killer" bag stickers?
Czech Airman is offline  
Old 11-22-2015, 08:06 AM
  #7016  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: A330
Posts: 1,043
Default

Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
Never been treated worse on a Jumpseat or when trying to get a jumpseat than I have by United guys.
I have never been treated better when JSing international and domestic, than on UAL, by agents, FAs, and flight deck crew. As far as my airline AA, not so good.
DCA A321 FO is offline  
Old 11-22-2015, 08:26 AM
  #7017  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,902
Default

If I have a problem junpseating it's never the pilots. It's the online listing mechanism or the gate agents lack of ability or error that prevents me from getting it in the first place. Very rare now, but it was a problem when AA first started the myIDtravel for pilot listing.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 11-22-2015, 11:45 AM
  #7018  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO
Posts: 2,184
Default

Originally Posted by Czech Airman View Post
You mean the UAX RAH ERJ-170 dudes that would show up asking for the UAL jumpseat with the "Guppy Killer" bag stickers?
Nope. I only 50-seaters and was doing everything I could to get the hell out. Guilty for flying an RJ, though.
EMBFlyer is offline  
Old 11-22-2015, 01:06 PM
  #7019  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Pilot
Posts: 1,133
Default

It's always the gate agents that have made my JS experiences miserable. My last one wouldn't even list me to JS on my own airline! I've always had awesome crew.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
saxman66 is offline  
Old 11-23-2015, 09:15 AM
  #7020  
Gets Weekends Off
 
prex8390's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,146
Default

Other than being super cramped, the only place I ever am treated consistently like a fellow person is in a regional jumpseat.
prex8390 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices