Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Introduce yourself

Old 10-24-2020, 06:01 PM
  #10091  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,072
Default

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Do they have flush toilets, too?
Why the snark? Guy's trying to drum up business; good for him. That doesn't sound like a bad deal. Motel6 is charging $68 (retail).

Last edited by Hetman; 10-24-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Hetman is offline  
Old 10-25-2020, 01:20 PM
  #10092  
Gets Everyday Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed
Posts: 4,671
Default

Originally Posted by Hetman View Post
Why the snark? Guy's trying to drum up business; good for him. That doesn't sound like a bad deal. Motel6 is charging $68 (retail).
Sure sounded like he was trying to make it an exhaustive list. Sorry if it came across as snarky. I like a good bed, clean room (no smoking), quiet, shuttle, free breakfast, hair dryer, mini-fridge. Good to be easy access to a restaurant of an evening.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 05:16 AM
  #10093  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2020
Posts: 2
Default Skywatcher Needs Help

Hi everyone, Sorry for posting here as i don't have ability to post a new thread in the hanger talk section. I wanted to ask a question about a plane I see on flightradar24. It is called AVRORA it seems to always be located in the vicinity of 50.7795 N 50.7795 E at exactly 10005 m or 32,000 ft. It is stationary. Says Invalid transponder code. It is located right in the lane that it seems like a bunch of freighters fly in the ANC to Tokyo / Seoul route. In fact an Atlas Air 747 few right on top of it this morning. Does anybody have an idea what this could be or can you help me find someone who would know? Thanks Andy
brltbgcty is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 05:51 AM
  #10094  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: EMB175 CA
Posts: 448
Default

Originally Posted by brltbgcty View Post
Hi everyone, Sorry for posting here as i don't have ability to post a new thread in the hanger talk section. I wanted to ask a question about a plane I see on flightradar24. It is called AVRORA it seems to always be located in the vicinity of 50.7795 N 50.7795 E at exactly 10005 m or 32,000 ft. It is stationary. Says Invalid transponder code. It is located right in the lane that it seems like a bunch of freighters fly in the ANC to Tokyo / Seoul route. In fact an Atlas Air 747 few right on top of it this morning. Does anybody have an idea what this could be or can you help me find someone who would know? Thanks Andy
Sounds like a weather balloon
JohnnyBekkestad is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 06:01 AM
  #10095  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2020
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by brltbgcty View Post
Hi everyone, Sorry for posting here as i don't have ability to post a new thread in the hanger talk section. I wanted to ask a question about a plane I see on flightradar24. It is called AVRORA it seems to always be located in the vicinity of 50.7795 N 50.7795 E at exactly 10005 m or 32,000 ft. It is stationary. Says Invalid transponder code. It is located right in the lane that it seems like a bunch of freighters fly in the ANC to Tokyo / Seoul route. In fact an Atlas Air 747 few right on top of it this morning. Does anybody have an idea what this could be or can you help me find someone who would know? Thanks Andy
Sorry got that wrong it is at 50.7795 N 163.2114 E. Open ocean. I thought about that. Why would they tether it to a ship?
brltbgcty is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 06:07 AM
  #10096  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: MD-88 FO
Posts: 881
Default

Originally Posted by brltbgcty View Post
Sorry got that wrong it is at 50.7795 N 163.2114 E. Open ocean. I thought about that. Why would they tether it to a ship?
could be tethered to a stationary weather bouy. Full service weather station. Air and sea.
Myfingershurt is offline  
Old 11-02-2020, 07:30 PM
  #10097  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2020
Position: Non yet
Posts: 3
Default Howdy

Good evening,
I am in tech for creating apps for aircrew. I'm not sure if this is the right place to share this so please correct me if its wrong.
We are currently working on a mobile app which will allow both pilots and aircrew to quickly see the best hotels and restaurants rated by other aircrew for those with a limited amount of time in one place - we are figuring out some business features so I welcome any ideas and suggestions on what are the cons of looking up your own reviews when you have a layover. Nice to meet you all!
zeebs is offline  
Old 11-02-2020, 07:57 PM
  #10098  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2020
Position: Non yet
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Do they have flush toilets, too?
This gave me a good laugh 😆

This type of use case insights is for the Layover Lounge App.

Note to self - must add Flush Toilets in the filter options. Lol
zeebs is offline  
Old 11-03-2020, 01:09 AM
  #10099  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2020
Posts: 19
Default

Cargo is the life-
Big boxes don’t say “I’m late because of you”
Little boxes don’t cry and leave smelly presents
If box has “keep this side up” and it’s not, do we fly inverted??
Treptow is offline  
Old 11-21-2020, 07:48 PM
  #10100  
New Hire
 
LEDLITES's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2020
Position: Student Pilot
Posts: 1
Default

Good evening, I am currently a USCG OS3 with a private pilots license working towards my degree in commercial aviation.
LEDLITES is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cessna157
Regional
115
11-14-2018 09:48 AM
Bucking Bar
Major
54
12-16-2008 07:12 AM
Florida Flyer
Regional
14
11-07-2007 05:21 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread