Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 06-13-2023, 03:42 AM
  #13511  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 232
Default

Originally Posted by aewanabe View Post
Mostly true, but it’s an inferior core product. We used these 2 jets for several months last year BOS-LGW and it doesn’t have core ovens since we bought them for the domestic transcons. Lots of unhappy core customers getting handed cold bag lunches for the 8-hour westbound flights.
Agreed. Its an abysmal core product for trans-atlantic service.
ARL120384 is offline  
Old 06-13-2023, 05:50 AM
  #13512  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 618
Default

Originally Posted by aewanabe View Post
Mostly true, but it’s an inferior core product. We used these 2 jets for several months last year BOS-LGW and it doesn’t have core ovens since we bought them for the domestic transcons. Lots of unhappy core customers getting handed cold bag lunches for the 8-hour westbound flights.
8 hours from LGW-BOS? How slow are you guys flying??
N6279P is offline  
Old 06-13-2023, 06:17 AM
  #13513  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 232
Default

Originally Posted by N6279P View Post
8 hours from LGW-BOS? How slow are you guys flying??
Summer flight times are around 6:45. Generally flying around .78-.79.
ARL120384 is offline  
Old 06-13-2023, 06:55 AM
  #13514  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 324
Default

Originally Posted by aewanabe View Post
Mostly true, but it’s an inferior core product. We used these 2 jets for several months last year BOS-LGW and it doesn’t have core ovens since we bought them for the domestic transcons. Lots of unhappy core customers getting handed cold bag lunches for the 8-hour westbound flights.

Our product has been very neglected lately, The Points Guy just did a detailed writeup about it. He wasnt alone in noticing.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblu...-and-tear/amp/
MainlineFlyer is offline  
Old 06-13-2023, 09:11 AM
  #13515  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Blue fifi flogger
Posts: 737
Default

Originally Posted by N6279P View Post
8 hours from LGW-BOS? How slow are you guys flying??
My longest last winter was 7:35 in the air. .79 with the headwind, we’re generally at .78 99 percent of the time otherwise. 8 hours was mildly hyperbolic but an accurate summation of how long people are typically stuck on the jet….
aewanabe is offline  
Old 06-13-2023, 12:40 PM
  #13516  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2023
Posts: 175
Default

Originally Posted by MainlineFlyer View Post
Our product has been very neglected lately, The Points Guy just did a detailed writeup about it. He wasnt alone in noticing.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblu...-and-tear/amp/
my last domestic mint flight didn’t have enough food for all the pax. The last 2 rows were offered yogurt for breakfast and that’s all and they were paying pax. Very surprised.
Forward lav is offline  
Old 06-15-2023, 05:52 PM
  #13517  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.
Posts: 1,386
Default

Originally Posted by aewanabe View Post
My longest last winter was 7:35 in the air. .79 with the headwind, we’re generally at .78 99 percent of the time otherwise. 8 hours was mildly hyperbolic but an accurate summation of how long people are typically stuck on the jet….
I had a block of 9:05 and a flight time of 8:20 as my longest back. Got routed down over Santa Maria trying to avoid 175kts on the nose. It was in one of the NEO aircraft and still blocked in with over 8000 lbs of fuel. Only broke 8 hrs in the air that one time all winter.
Climbto450 is offline  
Old 06-30-2023, 06:18 AM
  #13518  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 613
Default

Didn’t we just start flying there…like yesterday?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france...tests-continue
avi8orco is offline  
Old 06-30-2023, 06:26 AM
  #13519  
off weekends (if Reserve)
 
Joined APC: May 2023
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by avi8orco View Post
Didn’t we just start flying there…like yesterday?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france...tests-continue
Yes there have been/conitnue to be riots related to a police shooting for the last 3 days.
11atsomto is offline  
Old 06-30-2023, 12:17 PM
  #13520  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 992
Default

Originally Posted by avi8orco View Post
Didn’t we just start flying there…like yesterday?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france...tests-continue
Those riots have been going on for months. Mainstream media just now reporting on it.
Roy Biggins is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices