Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 06-30-2023, 12:44 PM
  #13521  
Gets Weekends Off
 
dontsurf's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: A220 CA
Posts: 603
Default

Originally Posted by Roy Biggins View Post
Those riots have been going on for months. Mainstream media just now reporting on it.
well, the police just killed the kid tuesday, so i don't really think they've been going on for months. could have been some other protests about something else, but these current ones have been happening for just a few days.
dontsurf is offline  
Old 06-30-2023, 12:53 PM
  #13522  
off weekends (if Reserve)
 
Joined APC: May 2023
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
well, the police just killed the kid tuesday, so i don't really think they've been going on for months. could have been some other protests about something else, but these current ones have been happening for just a few days.
Correct this is related to a Police shooting.
11atsomto is offline  
Old 06-30-2023, 03:41 PM
  #13523  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 988
Default

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
well, the police just killed the kid tuesday, so i don't really think they've been going on for months. could have been some other protests about something else, but these current ones have been happening for just a few days.
Yea there’s been almost continuous riots there for months. Macron unilaterally raised the retirement age over the whole pension thing. That country seems to be on the brink of another revolution.
Roy Biggins is offline  
Old 07-02-2023, 03:54 PM
  #13524  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Default

Originally Posted by Roy Biggins View Post
Yea there’s been almost continuous riots there for months. Macron unilaterally raised the retirement age over the whole pension thing. That country seems to be on the brink of another revolution.
Nice try at a save, but I don't think the people rioting over the police shooting are the same ones rioting over the retirement age.
disenchantMINT is offline  
Old 07-02-2023, 04:34 PM
  #13525  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 988
Default

Originally Posted by disenchantMINT View Post
Nice try at a save, but I don't think the people rioting over the police shooting are the same ones rioting over the retirement age.
What tf am I trying to save? You came on here to babble about the difference in riots? Foh guy
Roy Biggins is offline  
Old 07-02-2023, 06:07 PM
  #13526  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,899
Default

Originally Posted by Roy Biggins View Post
What tf am I trying to save? You came on here to babble about the difference in riots? Foh guy
For some people the culture wars rage every second of every day.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 07-13-2023, 08:57 AM
  #13527  
SDQ Base Chief
 
Flyby1206's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA
Posts: 5,621
Default

Junior pilot in PVBM as of 3/2/24 (some of these may be the result of base trades)

Approx 4950 pilots in PVBM total

#3319 4/18 BOS 320 CA
#2898 6/16 BOS 320 SQ CA
#3044 2/17 EWR 320 CA
#2387 4/14 FLL 320 CA
#3281 3/18 JFK 320 CA
#2753 10/15 JFK 320 SQ CA
#2839 3/16 LAX 320 CA
#1553 1/08 MCO 320 CA
#3468 1/19 BOS 223 CA
#2725 8/15 JFK 223 CA
#4884 ??? BOS 190 CA (~4/23 DOH)

Last edited by Flyby1206; 07-13-2023 at 09:08 AM.
Flyby1206 is online now  
Old 07-13-2023, 09:16 AM
  #13528  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 54
Default

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
Junior pilot in PVBM as of 3/2/24 (some of these may be the result of base trades)

Approx 4950 pilots in PVBM total

#3319 4/18 BOS 320 CA
#2898 6/16 BOS 320 SQ CA
#3044 2/17 EWR 320 CA
#2387 4/14 FLL 320 CA
#3281 3/18 JFK 320 CA
#2753 10/15 JFK 320 SQ CA
#2839 3/16 LAX 320 CA
#1553 1/08 MCO 320 CA
#3468 1/19 BOS 223 CA
#2725 8/15 JFK 223 CA
#4884 ??? BOS 190 CA (~4/23 DOH)
8-11 month upgrades now.
Pilotair is online now  
Old 07-13-2023, 09:18 AM
  #13529  
SDQ Base Chief
 
Flyby1206's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA
Posts: 5,621
Default

Originally Posted by Pilotair View Post
8-11 month upgrades now.
True, those few will be in the BOS 190 CA seat for about 1-2yrs before the fleet is fully retired and they are displaced. It's a great option if you have a flexible schedule and live in base.

This is JB in a nutshell (as it is today). If you are willing to be based in BOS/JFK then your upgrade opportunities and seniority advancement will be far greater than any of our other bases. The MCO/FLL/LAX based pilots have nowhere near that type of progression
Flyby1206 is online now  
Old 07-13-2023, 09:29 AM
  #13530  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Lincoln Osiris's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: NK CA
Posts: 827
Default

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
True, those few will be in the BOS 190 CA seat for about 1-2yrs before the fleet is fully retired and they are displaced. It's a great option if you have a flexible schedule and live in base.

This is JB in a nutshell (as it is today). If you are willing to be based in BOS/JFK then your upgrade opportunities and seniority advancement will be far greater than any of our other bases. The MCO/FLL/LAX based pilots have nowhere near that type of progression
MIA is a co base now right? Has that grown much?
Lincoln Osiris is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices