Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > JetBlue
JetBlue Latest and Greatest >

JetBlue Latest and Greatest


Notices

JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Old 05-17-2017, 03:03 PM
  #3521  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Although your post is funny, I probably don't think losing $3-4,000 per MONTH is as funny as you do.

But I know I'm just B-negative and not respecting the juicers "opinions" about losing $3-4,000 per MONTH.
I think most of us are on the same side man we just go about it in different ways and each of us thinks our way is right. We will get that quality CBA.
pilotpayne is offline  
Old 05-17-2017, 09:01 PM
  #3522  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,905
Default

Originally Posted by pilotpayne
I think most of us are on the same side man we just go about it in different ways and each of us thinks our way is right. We will get that quality CBA.
End of the year, IF it happens still costs me 18-24k. So yeah forgive me if I don't cheer Blue-Blue-Blue with you guys or respect your positive "opinion".

This is just going to go around and around. Until this CBA is settled some of us will just continue to be angered by the blue pom-pom squad on APC. And in the cockpit for that matter.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 AM
  #3523  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,206
Default JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Originally Posted by Bluedriver
End of the year, IF it happens still costs me 18-24k. So yeah forgive me if I don't cheer Blue-Blue-Blue with you guys or respect your positive "opinion".



This is just going to go around and around. Until this CBA is settled some of us will just continue to be angered by the blue pom-pom squad on APC. And in the cockpit for that matter.

Why do you take things so personally?

You do realize that your attitude colors your experience, right? You are making yourself miserable. It's really sad to see. Do you want the number to life solutions? JetBlue provides free counseling to those in need.
Southerner is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:21 AM
  #3524  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,001
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner
Why do you take things so personally?

You do realize that your attitude colors your experience, right? You are making yourself miserable. It's really sad to see. Do you want the number to life solutions? JetBlue provides free counseling to those in need.
Why do you not wear your lanyard?

You do realize your lanyardlessness and lack of unity is making you miserable to be around. It's really sad to see. Do you want the number to your ALPA rep? ALPA provides free lanyards to those in need, as well as negotiations on the path to a CBA.

JetBlue is trying to take/withold money and QOL from you. B6ALPA is trying to get you more money and QOL. Which side are you on? (Rhetorical question, I know the answer).
BeatNavy is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:23 AM
  #3525  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 522
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner
Why do you take things so personally?

You do realize that your attitude colors your experience, right? You are making yourself miserable. It's really sad to see. Do you want the number to life solutions? JetBlue provides free counseling to those in need.
Great idea, 3400 pilots all going to company paid counselors post haste would send a financial message to the company I'm sure. Might be able to get a couple hundred new FMLA leaves out of it as well.
likeitis is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:28 AM
  #3526  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner
JetBlue provides free counseling to those in need.

Nothing is free at JetBlue. If you want counseling you have to clear a massive deductable thanks to our terrible health insurance.
PasserOGas is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:32 AM
  #3527  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation
Posts: 1,602
Default

Originally Posted by BeatNavy
Why do you not wear your lanyard?

You do realize your lanyardlessness and lack of unity is making you miserable to be around. It's really sad to see. Do you want the number to your ALPA rep? ALPA provides free lanyards to those in need, as well as negotiations on the path to a CBA.

JetBlue is trying to take/withold money and QOL from you. B6ALPA is trying to get you more money and QOL. Which side are you on? (Rhetorical question, I know the answer).
Wait, the company is stealing from me? I better check my account to look for unauthorized activity. Nope, there it is. The same amount they said they'd pay me is right there. Semantics I know but the stealing mentality is comical. Yes, we're trying to GAIN parity with our peers. Not getting what you never had to begin with is not stealing.

I'll do counseling for free as a professional courtesy. But keep in mind a large portion of my post-graduate counseling education was in sex therapy. So bring juicy stories.
Std Deviation is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:59 AM
  #3528  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by Std Deviation
Wait, the company is stealing from me? I better check my account to look for unauthorized activity. Nope, there it is. The same amount they said they'd pay me is right there. Semantics I know but the stealing mentality is comical. Yes, we're trying to GAIN parity with our peers. Not getting what you never had to begin with is not stealing.

I'll do counseling for free as a professional courtesy. But keep in mind a large portion of my post-graduate counseling education was in sex therapy. So bring juicy stories.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_theft
PasserOGas is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM
  #3529  
The REAL Bluedriver
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt
Posts: 6,905
Default

Originally Posted by Southerner
Why do you take things so personally?

You do realize that your attitude colors your experience, right? You are making yourself miserable. It's really sad to see. Do you want the number to life solutions? JetBlue provides free counseling to those in need.
Hey juicer, losing 3-4k a month in direct compensation, losing future retirement QOL and losing an extra 2-3 days at home per month with my young kids is a VERY real and personal loss. Thinking positively doesn't fix any of that. Only a peer CBA does.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 AM
  #3530  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,001
Default

Originally Posted by Std Deviation
Wait, the company is stealing from me? I better check my account to look for unauthorized activity. Nope, there it is. The same amount they said they'd pay me is right there. Semantics I know but the stealing mentality is comical. Yes, we're trying to GAIN parity with our peers. Not getting what you never had to begin with is not stealing.

I'll do counseling for free as a professional courtesy. But keep in mind a large portion of my post-graduate counseling education was in sex therapy. So bring juicy stories.
No, not semantics. You used a word that I didn't and then attributed it to me. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is like my paycheck and sucks. I wasn't talking about them stealing money from our pay checks, and nowhere in my post did it say that. The context of my post was lanyards and negotiations. JetBlue management is negotiating against ALPA. In other words, trying to withhold and keep as much of the pie as they can and taking pieces from us where possible. It's a game of give and takes. Company wants to take. ALPA wants company to give. Supply, demand, unity, and resolve will drive who gives/takes what. That's not at all discussing theft. Keep up the good work.
BeatNavy is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoomie
Major
36
01-28-2015 11:44 AM
iahflyr
Major
27
09-30-2014 09:04 AM
Mason32
Regional
270
07-27-2010 06:01 PM
Scott34567
Regional
39
05-29-2008 07:08 PM
Sir James
Major
0
07-29-2005 07:02 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices