Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Berry Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 09:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by CFIsoonToBeFO View Post
Do you still have to perform the 2nd job of the Ramper and have to load/unload cargo (without getting paid a Ramper salary)? Or do you get to now actually be just a pilot and fly the airplane?
A great time to ask that, exactly as phrased, is at the interview
Old 02-18-2022, 02:12 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
New Pay Raise for 2022 (not up on the profile here yet, if any admin seeing this can reach out) Using the 170,000sm average it works out to about a $12,000/year bump for FO's and $15,000/year for 2nd year Capts.

As already mentioned, 4% match on 401k contributions (tiered 4 year vesting). It used to be zero contribution.

Saab 2000's looking to land this year, accepting applications on the website for PICs
That"s a decent bump
Old 02-18-2022, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

No clue who you work for, if anyone, or what you do for a job but nice tone there. But I’ll answer your question anyway; the crew is responsible for pushing palletized loads inside the airplane to/from the cargo door. Occasionally you may have to break down a pallet or two and loose load around. Also expected to strap down the pallets. Any movement of cargo outside the airplane is not your responsibility. No, there is no extra pay. You can include that as part of your base salary. Being paid by the mile is an incentive to work a bit faster. If you want to be paid a salary and no mileage pay, check out Ameriflight - No touching boxes there. (However their charter side of things may have a different policy). But that’s also why FO’s at Berry make more than double than Ameriflight.
How much is the F/O training contract and for how long?
Old 02-18-2022, 09:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

How much is the F/O training contract and for how long?
No training contract. Should you feel overworked by performing two jobs, you are free to quit, guilt free.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

No training contract. Should you feel overworked by performing two jobs, you are free to quit, guilt free.
Outstanding news.....I'll just consider the ramper job as like getting a free gym membership!
Old 02-18-2022, 03:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CRJ Left/Right

Outstanding news.....I'll just consider the ramper job as like getting a free gym membership!
That's the right attitude, take a negative and make it a positive attribute... A positive attitude will serve you well... Best of luck...

Cheers
Old 02-20-2022, 05:48 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2022

New Pay Raise for 2022 (not up on the profile here yet, if any admin seeing this can reach out) Using the 170,000sm average it works out to about a $12,000/year bump for FO's and $15,000/year for 2nd year Capts.

As already mentioned, 4% match on 401k contributions (tiered 4 year vesting). It used to be zero contribution.

Saab 2000's looking to land this year, accepting applications on the website for PICs
Sorry, $12,000 bump from what? Not sure if the numbers I've seen are up to date so just wondering what the average total pay is up to now for Brasilia FO's.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Geronimo11P View Post
Sorry, $12,000 bump from what? Not sure if the numbers I've seen are up to date so just wondering what the average total pay is up to now for Brasilia FO's.
The pay information on the profile is current. Lots of variables but an FO can expect to make between $55,000-$70,000. Again, many variables. This is a good average. Could be much less if business drops off. Could be more if you pick up weekends and don’t mind being home 3 days a month.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

What kind of schedule can one expect at Berry? I'm eyeing up the DTO positions.

In the job listings, there is "Ability to travel away from domicile for long periods of time." We talking 2 week tours?
Old 04-21-2022, 03:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by chirrut View Post
What kind of schedule can one expect at Berry? I'm eyeing up the DTO positions.

In the job listings, there is "Ability to travel away from domicile for long periods of time." We talking 2 week tours?
The Saabs are not currently on property (FYI) and I do not know how they are going to be working that platform as far as scheduling goes. I don't think management even knows yet.

As for the 120's, the schedule is on-call 24hrs, beginning Monday morning at 0600 and they can use you up until 0600 Saturday morning without paying you weekend pay. On-call weekends are roughly every 4 weeks (sometimes adjusted due to holidays) but you got 13 of them for the year (they can be traded, given away, or picked up). New policy in place regarding the Monday BEFORE your weekend up, you will have off. So you get a 3 day weekend going into your week where you gotta be up that weekend. So, worst case scenario is you get called Tuesday - gone all week, weekend, and into the following week and home Friday for a total of 11 days. Although that CAN happen, it is more on the rare side. It's likely you will make it back home during that time, even if it is just min rest.
Summer is the slow time, possible to be at home more or get called on a Monday and sit in a random hotel for 3 days doing nothing before going home on Friday. Difficult to list every possible scenario, but hope this gives you an idea.
Pay on the profile is up to date.

*For anyone out there reading, a new round of hiring for SIC's on the 120 opened up. Filling 5-6 positions I believe. Welcome to ask here or PM and I'll do my best to answer.