Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 06-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hi UTR,

Thank you for your continued and constructive criticism. I appreciate your passion to constructively critique our Company and make it a better place to work.

See you on the line.

No problem....I'm here to make you better....
Old 06-27-2019, 09:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

I’ve been here 5 months....DO, Chief Pilot, President and dispatch have all been Great! Planes get fixed, paycheck is there every two weeks....plenty of flying...I think the place is great!
Old 07-22-2019, 01:01 PM
On Reserve

Will FlyExclusive pick up hiring late summer/fall? A friend of mine told me FE is fat on FO's.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Blackbeek View Post
Will FlyExclusive pick up hiring late summer/fall? A friend of mine told me FE is fat on FO's.
No, they are probably just short on airplanes that work......

Why would you focus on going to FE when many other companies are hiring with better benefits. Seriously, I wouldn’t put all of my eggs into the FE basket.

Good luck to you!
Old 07-23-2019, 05:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Absolutely our planes have mechanicals. So does everyone else's. That is why maint. issues are deferred per MEL or planes are grounded for repair.

I agree that I would not put all my eggs in the flyExclusive basket. At any job in any industry, it is unwise to put all your eggs in one basket. Tens of thousands of pilots have been furloughed over the course of their careers.

However, the majority of the pilot group at flyExclusive enjoy it and are content. Reasons include: liberal home base/work travel flexibility, small company environment and no FBO rot.

It seems like your time would be better spent surfing the Orange Site than on here bitting the hand that feeds you.

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
No, they are probably just short on airplanes that work......

Why would you focus on going to FE when many other companies are hiring with better benefits. Seriously, I wouldn’t put all of my eggs into the FE basket.

Good luck to you!
Old 07-23-2019, 09:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now

Does Flight Exclusive have a Part 145 repair certificate now? It will show in your OpSpecs if so.

I am pretty sure that Pegasus Air Elite had one. That was the JS Hawker 1000 charter operation there in Kinston.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:44 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: Row 1

REPOST:
Of course be free to make your own decisions but be patient and bear in mind that all 135 operators are basically the same. NETJETS, GAMA XO and DPJ (now) are at the top really in that order as they have the money to operate on a relatively safe platform. Although NETJETS operate as 91K but train and test to part 121. These four are not included in my comments.
The others, some are in the ballpark better than others, some are like a used car lot despite the rantings of the usual sycophants and other 'team players' where adherence to SOP's is inversely proportional to revenue.
Watch out for companies trying to grow too fast with that as some weird selling point yet have someones kid write their facebook page saying how great they are. Growth requires infrastructure FIRST with proper investment and experience. Quality not Quantity.

What is your long term goal?? Choose wisely Dudes and Dudesses! meaning "y'all should go to the airlines"

Questions to ask if you are still hell bent on career suicide:

Most important; Are you getting proper progressive training? (FSI) then after the sim real IOE time with standardized training syllabus, monitored and documented progress by a real training Captain with instructional background and Jet training experience from a real training department. Not just dropped in with some old fart who doesn't follow checklists or SOP's, doesn't brief and thinks flying with defects (mechanical ones, not other pilots) helps the company or some young resume padding Jock/Jockess fresh off an elastic band powered helicopter.
Do you fly from Day 1 like the airlines do? not some ludicrous don't touch the controls for 25 hrs then no flying with Passengers, etc. You either have the rating or you don't. Watch the video's on the Lear crash at TEB, read the CVR transcript. This way of operating is way more common than you would like to know about. Are you going to speak up as a new FO? unlikely, as you would soon get the career enhancing 'being difficult' label.

If you are a Captain do you really have the experience to fly in the North East at night mid winter with a newbie FO? Do you get full recurrent training every six months or do they cheap out with a 6 month COT (if they do that, is it tailored to issues that crews have been having recently like busting SIDS and STARS).

For a real career in flying GO TO THE REGIONALS, suck up the lower pay and conditions for real 121 time for the training and experience. Do your apprenticeship!
Remember, a 121 carrier will ask you why you went Catfish airways during a strong airline hiring environment. What are you going to say? Well, my buddy was there, it was easier... the money was good....I got to fly Left seat in a puddle jumper ....If so, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of the interview if you even get one.
The bottom feeder 135's can ruin your career and when you do go to 121 your primacy of bad habits, minimal checklist usage and misunderstandings will cause you a lot of issues. You are just cheap labor for these places, a right seat busboy/girl, you deserve better training after spending all your money originally.
A light Cessna Jet / King Air that is single crew capable with a single crew rated Captain may have you being an observer unless the ops specs allow you to log SIC multi-crew time on Part 91 positioning flights.
Do they have structured Safety meetings regularly as ARGUS/WYVERN SMS mandates and are the de-identified minutes disseminated to the staff like Netjets do for education?
Do they have a Trained Safety Manger with a confidential non-punitive reporting system? Or is the Safety person just a figurehead for the next audit? Are they part of the Aviation Safety Action Program?
Do they even have an SMS? albeit cut and paste and has anyone read it?

Check the background of the post holders;
Does the Training manager have a background in structured Jet operations? Are the top management really experienced in Aviation and Airline trained or just used car salesmen? Have the dispatchers all passed the relevant exams so that their certificate is on the line also?
As Capt Fred rightly asked, do they have a 145 certificate? Who does the light maintenance? Who does the heavy maintenance? Do they audit the third party maintenance organisations? or is it Joe in his Toyota Tacoma with his Home Depot wrenches and a digital signature over the phone?

Is the owner/company financially sound? What other companies were they involved with? What happened there? This stuff is public domain, google the people first, then ask the questions knowing the truth.
Are they any lawsuits pending and/or settlements with the State department of labor? Are there any FAA violations?
What insurances do they have in place when on duty? Driving a rental car? In an UBER? Work related injuries?
Do they constantly feel the need to tell everyone how good and safe they are and how much they 'look after' the wonderful team? And how they never have incidents or violations? Do they just hide them or delete the reports.
Remember ARGUS Platinum means NO REPORTED INCIDENTS, a structured safety reporting system and solid SMS. Be suspicious. Look for ISBAO stage 3, Stage 2 is OK and stage 1 means nothing at all.
An ARGUS/WYVERN GOLD company is a better bet as you know they have been relatively honest and they know they need to improve.
Do the same people post non-stop on social media about 'Nirvana aviation' and how great it all is and 'like' everything the company posts? (recruitment bonuses) Y'all need to run from these ones.
These are the due diligence questions you should be asking, if you don't like the answers or you are given the runaround then go elsewhere. If someone disagrees with these suggestions, look at who they work for and go elsewhere.
Also, don't always believe the social media postings saying good or bad, have a list of questions and ask every company the same ones in the same order to get a feel for the answers. Be wary of confirmation bias and hearing what you want to hear. Keep a spreadsheet and score the Q&A. A really smart interviewer will see your potential, if you are this diligent with yourself then you will be with their clients and equipment.

Yes it is a lot to think about but in the information age be smart is all I am saying, it is your future! I am not attacking or condoning anyone in particular but, the sea is full of sharks so build your cage well and the best of luck. There is a lot of enjoyment to be had, it is up to you.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now

That is an outstanding post. It covers all the bases and contains some sage advice.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:14 AM
Line Holder

The are no perfect 135 operators......If Your looking for a perfect place with perfect people and perfect airplanes you will always be disappointed.....FlyExclusive is as close to perfect as your going to get....be happy ......
Old 08-05-2019, 12:09 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2018

What the lastest and greatest at Exclusive? Fall hiring and class dates ect....